Windows 10: Error 0x8007065e while downloading Games in Windows Store or XBOX app

Discus and support Error 0x8007065e while downloading Games in Windows Store or XBOX app in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi Community, I need help to enjoy the XBOX GAME PASS, and overcome the 0x8007065e error which prevents me from enjoying its games. For the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AngéliqueG., Oct 7, 2020.

1. Error 0x8007065e while downloading Games in Windows Store or XBOX app

Hi Community,

I need help to enjoy the XBOX GAME PASS, and overcome the 0x8007065e error which prevents me from enjoying its games.

For the context, I have 2 computers :

• 1 Laptop from 2012 : no issue here, I can download all of the games but no need to say, I cannot really enjoy the current Videos Games on this laptop or only some of them on low lower than undergound settings
    • 1 nicely configured PC with up-to-date specifications : on which for same games and that is the trick, not all of them, I cannot download due to error 0x8007065e. Note that this only occurs with Windows Store/XBOX. We have no issue to download and enjoy the same games with Steam, Epic etc.

Anyway when I want to download the games from XBOX or Windows Store, the download immediatly stops at 0% with the error code 0x8007065e. Which indicate according to my findings a corrupted registry or issues with windows update.

I noticed that this only occurs on the game for which the mention "cannot be installed on a windows 10 device in s-mode" in the footnotes,needless to say my computer isnot in "S Mode" Verified in Settings > Update & Security > Activation

I tried a lot of things found here and there:

• Reinstall completely windows 10 PRO
    • Reinstall windows store
    • Reinstall windows update and reset registry using Powershell

I really have a feeling my computer is misinterpreted as a S Mode despite not being one. Any idea how to solve this ?

Or maybe someone have a Workaround ? For instance could I download the games on my laptop and copying to the PC ? In this case how to get the files indeed the installation files are not the usual ".exe".

Examples of games :

• Games for which I don't have any issue :
      • Sea of thieves, Astroneer, FF9
    • Games for which error 0x8007065e occurs :
      • Age of Empire D.Ed, Flight Simulator, No Man's Sky, State of Decay, Dead By Daylight, Gears 5

Thanks a lot for your help,

KR, Angélique

:)

AngéliqueG., Oct 7, 2020
  2. tertiaer Win User

Windows Store: Error 0x8007065E

I bought the new AOE II definitive edition for download with Windows Store. I get the error 0x8007065E short time after starting the download. Ohter Apps I can download or update without any problems. Found no solution on the internet. Any ideas?

[moved from German forums]

tertiaer, Oct 7, 2020
  3. LesM3 Win User
    Download error - 0x8007065e

Windows 10 Download error - 0x8007065e

LesM3, Oct 7, 2020
  4. Error 0x8007065e while downloading Games in Windows Store or XBOX app

Error Code 0x8007065E For Installing Games, Error Code: 0x80073cf9 For Re-Installing The XBOX-App

Hey there,

I purchases the XBOX-Gamepass this weekend and was able to download and install the XBOX-App as well, but as soon as i wanted to download games that required Administrationpermission, I received the error code 0x8007065E. I checked if I had admin rights
    on my local windows account and even though I had, i still created a new one with admin rights but it didn't work. So, I googled it and tried everything I could find myself since the support isn't available on weekends. I installed every single windows update
    available, i tried troubleshooting the Microsoft Store, resetting the Microsoft Store, did something with PowerShell (I'm not sure what exactly though) and I ended up putting way too much time into this. I waited until today to reach out to the support, did
    almost everything again until i was told to re-install the XBOX-App, but when I tried to Re-install i received another error code, this time it's

0x80073cf9. Please, I spend so much time trying to fix this issue, I would appreciate someone who can fix this.

LukasM.123, Oct 7, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x8007065e while downloading Games in Windows Store or XBOX app

1. Error 0x8007065e while downloading Games in Windows Store or XBOX app - Similar Threads - Error 0x8007065e while

2. Error while resuming download on Xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error while resuming download on Xbox app: Hello!I recently formatted my PC and got Xbox GamePass. I started downloading Forza 5 and Age of Empires IV from Windows Store. Few minutes later Windows updated itself and the Store told me I should use Xbox app from now on to download my games.Both Forza and AoE appear in...
  3. Error while resuming download on Xbox app

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error while resuming download on Xbox app: Hello!I recently formatted my PC and got Xbox GamePass. I started downloading Forza 5 and Age of Empires IV from Windows Store. Few minutes later Windows updated itself and the Store told me I should use Xbox app from now on to download my games.Both Forza and AoE appear in...
  4. unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app

in Windows 10 Gaming
    unable to download games on microsoft store or xbox app: I can't sign into my xbox account, it will just load and then close, then when i try to download something on my pc then it will just load and then stay loading. I tried doing wrseset.exe and it does nothing....
  5. Cannot Download Any Games on Xbox App or Windows Store

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cannot Download Any Games on Xbox App or Windows Store: Hello, I have not been able to download or patch any games on the windows store or xbox app. I get errors when attempting to download them, and right now cannot even download Gaming Services. I get error Code: 0x80073D26. I have uninstalled, reinstalled, made new accounts...
  6. Windows Store: Error 0x8007065E

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Windows Store: Error 0x8007065E: I bought the new AOE II definitive edition for download with Windows Store. I get the error 0x8007065E short time after starting the download. Ohter Apps I can download or update without any problems. Found no solution on the internet. Any ideas? [moved from German forums]...
  7. Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e: Hey, I'm unable to install all games which have "Administrator approval required for installation". When it's supposed to start downloading it stops and gives the error message "Something unexpected happened" with the error code 0x8007065e. What I've tried to fix...
  8. Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install most games via Xbox App on PC - 0x8007065e: Hey, I'm unable to install all games which have "Administrator approval required for installation". When it's supposed to start downloading it stops and gives the error message "Something unexpected happened" with the error code 0x8007065e. What I've tried to fix...
  9. Windows Update error 0x8007065e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update error 0x8007065e: Keep getting the message Feature update to Windows 10 version 1903 - error 0x8007065e. What does this mean and how do I get round it? [Original Title: Windows Update]...
  10. Windows 10 1903 0x8007065e errors

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 1903 0x8007065e errors: When I try to update Windows 10 to 1903 version I get the 0x8007065e error. I tried Windows Update Troubleshooter, it fixed any problems occurred (the only problem was that there were some updates which needed a computer restart) but I still get the same error. Thanks in...
Tags: