Windows 10: Error 0x80070780 while trying system restore trough Windows Live CD

Discus and support Error 0x80070780 while trying system restore trough Windows Live CD in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, While trying system restore from a Windows 10 Live CD, I'am getting this 0x80070780 error for the file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by Lantha, Sep 20, 2018.

1. Lantha Win User

Error 0x80070780 while trying system restore trough Windows Live CD

Hi,
    While trying system restore from a Windows 10 Live CD, I'am getting this 0x80070780 error for the file "D:\Users\Me\AppData\Local\Packages\AcerIncorporated.AcerPortal_48frkmn4z8aw..." (can't see complete name because the error window isn't resizable). I already searched for this file using command prompt and it seems to be absent from the "Packages" folder.
    Windows doesn't start, even in safe mode. I can see the spinny load icon below the acer logo and then it disapears and instead of the log screen appearing, it just stays black.

I already tried chkdsk D: /r /f /v, it didn't find any corrupted file but the last line is "failed to transfer logged messages to the event log with status 50".

"sfc /scannow" returns "the windows resource protection could not perform the requested operation"

"DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth" returns "dism does not support servicing windows pe with the /online option"
    As suggested here, I tried dism.exe /image:\ /cleanup-image /revertpendingactions but after it ended successfully and after restarting my laptop, sfc /scannow didn't work better.

The laptop is an Acer Aspire-5 A515-51G-8536 with windows 10 familly installed on it. (no other OS installed)

I might have missed some infos, feel free to ask for it.

Thanks in advance for any help,

:)

Lantha, Sep 20, 2018
  2. NadaIbrahim1 Win User

An unspecified error occured during system restore 0x80070780

Hi,

Am facing some startup problem with my HP Pavilion laptop, When Start it is hanging and there is no any response.

When i choose system restore option, finally am getting the following error

"An unspecified error occured during system restore
    0x80070780"

Please help me if there is any solution, currently i dont have OS CD with me.

NadaIbrahim1, Sep 20, 2018
  3. booner Win User
    system restore, no cd

hi, is it possible to do a system restore on xp without the cd? i was told that it was possible to download a tool to do a restore.
    Reason i want to do this is my pc says all that ' not genuine windows' and ' pc could be at risk', type stuff, which im sure is down to some malware on my pc, and just wondered if a restore would aid removal of this malware?

booner, Sep 20, 2018
  4. jocksteeluk Win User

Windows XP PRO error after restore

System restore is handy when it works like it did for me 2 days ago saving the need to reinstall all of my software as well as windows, id suggest using norton Ghost 12 for an excellent system restore feature.

jocksteeluk, Sep 20, 2018
Thema:

1. Error 0x80070780 while trying system restore trough Windows Live CD - Similar Threads - Error 0x80070780 while

2. error 0x80070780 seagate drive model # SRD0NF2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    error 0x80070780 seagate drive model # SRD0NF2: I use the 5tb model of the Seagate backup drive I am getting a: "error 0x80070780" from Microsoft Edge. I have 3 of these seagate drives and never before have I had this problem using the drag and drop method of backing up my C-drive on my Windows 10 PC. I have tried...
  3. Windows 10 System Restore Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 System Restore Error: I am unable to create a restore point, or process a recovery point. When I try to open System Restore, the following error message is displayed: "There was an enexpected error in the property page: Catastrophic failure (0x8000FFFF) Please close the property page and try...
  4. System restore failed while scanning the file system, error 0x81000204

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    System restore failed while scanning the file system, error 0x81000204: Hi, I am trying to restore my system due to an issue caused by Firefox. after windows update my Firefox is not working properly, logout button in gmail is not working. so i tried to restore system. However, it prompting an error message as " System restore failed while...
  5. Trying a system restore and it won't complete

Trying a system restore and it won't complete: I've tried a system restore twice now and it won't complete. It states that it's likely an antivirus stopping it. I only have windows defender (and free malwarebytes on demand which is not active). I disabled real time protection on Windows defender and cloud etc and still...
  6. Error 0x80070422 When Trying System Restore

Error 0x80070422 When Trying System Restore: Hi.Have Lenovo D30 trying to do a system restore point but keep getting error 0x80070422.Any help appreciated ?By no means am I a computer expert.Thanks 55420
  7. System restore Error 0x80070091

System restore Error 0x80070091: Hi, I was trying to perform a restore to fix my favorites list menu and got this error. I ran chkdsk C: /f /r /x and Windows Resource Protection did not find any integrity violations. Running WIN 10 Pro V 1607 Build 14393.693 I'm hoping somebody could help me...
  8. Error 0x8007025d while trying to restore

Error 0x8007025d while trying to restore: I was trying to restore a Dell mini-tower to an earlier restore point and received this Restore failed error 0x8007025d. This machine was upgraded from Windows 7 to 10 about 2 months ago and has otherwise been working fine. What do I need to do to fix this error? Thank...
  9. Problem while trying to restore the system

Problem while trying to restore the system: Good morning, Yesterday I started having a problem with my laptop, it doesn't open programs, images, pdf's, etc.. I tried to restore the system but it doesn't works. Here are some screenshots that I took from it. I've already tried everything that I know to try to solve this...
  10. What is Error 0X80070780

in Windows 10 Support
    What is Error 0X80070780: I'm trying to copy quite a few files from one hard drive to another.... neither one is the C Drive .... their both internal secondary drives. I Keep randomly getting " Can't access the files due to Error 0x80070780 " I've tried researching it, and can't seem to get to the...
Tags: