Windows 10: Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

Discus and support Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I am trying to delete a folder but it keeps coming up with this error message. The OS is Windows 10. How do I delete this folder and it's files.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by RodneyGCVS, Jun 5, 2019.

1. Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

I am trying to delete a folder but it keeps coming up with this error message. The OS is Windows 10. How do I delete this folder and it's files.

:)

RodneyGCVS, Jun 5, 2019

2. Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

I just sign out one of my onedrive account. So, I want to delete the remaining files of that onedrive. Why cant I delete it? Because it pop up error 0x80071128.

I'm using windows 10 home single languange

RadenEchizen, Jun 5, 2019
  3. DaveM121 Win User
    Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

Hi Raden please explain this in more detail . . .

Do you want to remove OneDrive from your PC and delete the associated files?

What file(s) are you getting this error on, where are those located on your PC?

DaveM121, Jun 5, 2019
  4. Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

I have signed out the other onedrive account and I want to delete the remained file in that onedrive. I want to know why it become that error? Does it avoid from delete in case it will affect the file in my other onedrive account if sign in back?

Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid e4ce2f8a-f055-4f9d-a4cd-56d08774da5e?upload=true.jpg

RadenEchizen, Jun 5, 2019
Thema:

1. Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid - Similar Threads - Error 0x80071128 data

2. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I have certain folders in my OneDrive that I'd like to delete but I am unable to do so. Attempting to access these folders would give the error "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid".I have attempted to use Window's Error Checking through right clicking...
  3. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I have certain folders in my OneDrive that I'd like to delete but I am unable to do so. Attempting to access these folders would give the error "The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid".I have attempted to use Window's Error Checking through right clicking...
  4. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: A folder in my onedrive randomly bugged out - not allowing any actions like renaming etci know this is a common issue but none of the previous fixes worked for me.Also a weird thing is as long as i keep the file in a folder i can move that folder as long as it stays on the...
  5. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: A folder in my onedrive randomly bugged out - not allowing any actions like renaming etci know this is a common issue but none of the previous fixes worked for me.Also a weird thing is as long as i keep the file in a folder i can move that folder as long as it stays on the...
  6. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I am using a corporate computer so I can't run cmd as administrator. Any other solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-tag-present-in-the-reparse-point-buffer-is/6748fdd9-f3f2-4d2d-aaae-60e2d06f5a65
  7. The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I am using a corporate computer so I can't run cmd as administrator. Any other solution? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-tag-present-in-the-reparse-point-buffer-is/6748fdd9-f3f2-4d2d-aaae-60e2d06f5a65
  8. Error 0x80071129, The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80071129, The tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: [ATTACH]The error code 0x80071129 is one of many OneDrive errors that is recently experienced by multiple users on Windows 11/10 PC. To assist affected users, this post presents the most appropriate solutions to rapidly resolve this problem. It comes with the following error...
  9. Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 News
    Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: [ATTACH]Some users encountered an unexpected error 0x80071128 when they try to delete a folder on Windows 11/10. The full error message that comes with this error is: Unhandled exception has occurred in a component in your application. If you click Continue, the application...
  10. Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error 0x80071128: The data present in the reparse point buffer is invalid: I just sign out one of my onedrive account. So, I want to delete the remaining files of that onedrive. Why cant I delete it? Because it pop up error 0x80071128. I'm using windows 10 home single languange...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80071129 reparse point buffer is invalid

2. error 0x80071129: the tag present in the reparse point buffer is invalid

3. 0x80071128

4. reparse point error,
  5. reparse point buffer is invalid cant delete file