Windows 10: Error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload The Outer Worlds and Sea of Thieves

Discus and support Error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload The Outer Worlds and Sea of Thieves in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hello, I'm getting error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload Sea of Thieves and The Outer Worlds from the Microsoft Store/Xbox app. I have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by rgazaille, Jul 31, 2020.

1. rgazaille Win User

Error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload The Outer Worlds and Sea of Thieves

Hello,

I'm getting error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload Sea of Thieves and The Outer Worlds from the Microsoft Store/Xbox app.

I have succefully downloaded them before, but no longer can. I haven't encountered this with games I haven't played/downloaded before.

There're probably some files and/or registry entries somewhere I need to clean up for them to work, but I'm at a complete loss.

Has anyone ever successfully overcome this error?

Thanks,

Robin

:)

rgazaille, Jul 31, 2020
  2. NazuKN Win User

Error code 0x80073CF9 with Sea of Thieves

Hi,

I recently got the 14-day free Game Pass trial to try out Sea of Thieves, and i keep getting an error code 0x80073CF9 and out of curiosity i tried it with my Xbox One and it worked fine. Then i tried Gears of War 4 on the PC and it gave me the same error
    as Sea of Thieves. I've been researching it for the past 2 days and tried every solution i can find and even did a full PC reset and it still doesn't work. It's very frustrating and i would like to know if there's anything more i can do about it because i
    would really like to try this game on my PC.

[Moved from: Windows / Apps on Windows 10 / Other Windows apps / Games]

NazuKN, Jul 31, 2020
  3. Bjerre102 Win User
    code: 0x80073CF9 When im trying to install Sea of Thieves

Hello and thanks for your reply.

The first 3 suggestions didn't fix the issue. The troubleshooter didn't find any problems, the wsreset command didn't fix it and there were no updates in windows update. The 4th suggestion was a bit confusing to me as i didn't really understand what to do.
    I should also mention that sometimes it shows this error code instead 0x80070005 but still mostly this one 0x80073cf9. There was also an update to another app that had an error code that i fixed quite easily by just retrying the installation (i don't remember
    which error code exactly but it was one of the two i get with Sea of Thieves).

Thanks for trying to help me.

Bjerre102, Jul 31, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

code: 0x80073CF9 When im trying to install Sea of Thieves

If you are still unable to download the game, let's clear the Windows Store cache. Repeated failed attempts may cause the cache to be damaged. Here's how:

• Open File Explorer.
    • Navigate to %LocalAppData%\Packages\Microsoft.WindowsStore_8wekyb3d8bbwe\LocalCache and delete all of its contents. To quickly go to this folder, you can paste the path into the address bar.
    • Reboot your PC and try downloading Sea of Thieves again.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you reach out to the game developer or visit the official Sea of Thieves forum for additional support.

Let us know how it goes so we can assist you further.

Gino Des, Jul 31, 2020
Thema:

1. Error 0x80073cf9 while trying to redownload The Outer Worlds and Sea of Thieves - Similar Threads - Error 0x80073cf9 while

2. Error code 0x87E0000D while installing Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0x87E0000D while installing Sea of Thieves: Theres a problem with installing Sea of Thieves i've tried everything like power shell or task manager i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x87e0000d-while-installing-sea-of/e09a8abc-266d-4f24-88fe-9690f15d9331
  3. Error code 0x87E0000D while installing Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0x87E0000D while installing Sea of Thieves: Theres a problem with installing Sea of Thieves i've tried everything like power shell or task manager i dont know what to do https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x87e0000d-while-installing-sea-of/e09a8abc-266d-4f24-88fe-9690f15d9331
  4. Sea of Thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of Thieves: Hi,I am unable to install Sea od Thieves. Every time I try to install it the download errors with error code 0x80070005 and this message which isn't useful whatsoever. I've have searched online for this error code and tried the few steps I have found but nothing has worked...
  5. Error 0x80080206 for sea of thieves

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0x80080206 for sea of thieves: I was having this problem, tried updating SoT got this error. Uninstalled and reinstalled, error. After this I assumed it was something with Gamepass so I actually bought the game to own I'm stupid, still error. I looked at multiple threads...
  6. Cant redownload sea of thieves

Cant redownload sea of thieves: i bought sea of thieves when it came out but i have since upgraded my PC. I tried to re-download the game and it keeps telling me that i dont own it. i found the original email with my 25 digit code and it tells me that this code has already been redeemed. any help with this...
  7. Sea of Thieves (0x80073CF9) install error -- Microsoft Store is a piece of garbage.

Sea of Thieves (0x80073CF9) install error -- Microsoft Store is a piece of garbage.: Problem Explanation I am attempting to download/install Sea of Thieves using Microsoft Store on my Windows 10 system, and am getting the error 0x80073CF9. I am not using Xbox subscription for this, I actually bought the complete game for full price back in January, 2019....
  8. Sea of thieves

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sea of thieves: I dont own a Xbox. I downloaded "Sea of thieves" but it takes me to xbox sign in and cant go anywhere. Please help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sea-of-thieves/05e046b7-1e1c-4ecd-b37c-adab47c64d8c
  9. Lavenderbeard error while launching Sea of thieves game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Lavenderbeard error while launching Sea of thieves game: Hey i tried to fix this Problem and i think i have tried everything….Maybe you can help me. From the beginning when i started the game, the lavenbeard error appeared. i set the nat to open and connected the server connection. I also disabled my firewall and turned on the...
  10. Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9)

Downloading Sea of Thieves on microsoft error (code 0x80073cf9): Hi all, I recently bought Sea of Thieves, but I'm having trouble downloading the game. Whenever I try to download the game, it stops automatically after 30 seconds or so giving error code 0x80073cf9. I tried several things that I found on this forum to solve it but none...
Tags: