Windows 10: Error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4

Discus and support Error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi all, I've been having non-stop issues with the Microsoft Store throwing error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BodenMatthews, Oct 26, 2018.

1. Error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4

Hi all,

I've been having non-stop issues with the Microsoft Store throwing error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4. Initially, I had to use a workaround to download the .eappxpackage and sideload it with Powershell even just to get the game installed, and after that all was hunky-dory for a while, until a patch was released earlier this week, and now I cannot download the patch as it just throws this same error. I can download, install and update literally any other app or game from the store EXCEPT FH4. I have tried:

• Running wsreset - no change
    • Renaming the SoftwareDistribution folder - no change
    • Resetting the Store app - no change
    • Re-registering the Store app - no change
    • Uninstalling FH4 and attempting to redownload - no change
    • Reinstalling from .eappxpackage file and attempting to update - no change
    • Changing internet connection (tethering to phone) - no change
    • Refreshing Windows with the install disc - no change

At this point I'm at my wits end, and I don't want to have to keep redownloading the whole 64GB game with an external tool every time a patch comes out just so I can play the game I paid AU$135 for. I can't even install the game on other computers I log into either, I've tried both my laptop at home and my work PC, and both throw errors when trying to download the game. It's honestly a little ridiculous, is there a problem with my Microsoft account or something? At this point I don't even know what would be causing this problem anymore.

:)

BodenMatthews, Oct 26, 2018

2. Forza Horizon 4 cant play online

Do you have the latest cumulative updates for Windows 10 1803 installed?

Open Start > Settings > Apps > Apps & features

Scroll down to Forza Horizon 4

Select it

Click Advanced options

Click Reset

Restart

Check the Store for updates

If that does not work...

download the following utility and use it to remove Forza Horizon 4:

https://gallery.technet.microsoft.com/scriptcen...

Download and reinstall Forza Horizon - Microsoft Store

I am going to admit, you are not the first to report of issues with installing Forza Horizon series of games on Windows 10. There doesn't seem to be a documented solution of works and doesn't work. I have recommended to users to downgrade to an older release
    such as Windows 10 1703 and they report it works.

See example case:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Here is something else you can try:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

Andre for Directly, Oct 26, 2018
  3. Mithin_EJ Win User
    FORZA HORIZON 4 TUNING AND COLORING USERS

​Hi АлексейМосквин1,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Are you getting any message while trying to tuning and coloring Forza Horizon 4?

If you've run into a problem in-game, you can visit the Forza Support page. Here is the

link

For Forza Motorsport and Forza Horizon forums & community support, visit
    link

Hope it helps.

Mithin EJ

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Mithin_EJ, Oct 26, 2018
  4. H5PAHezry Win User

Error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4

Error 0x80072EFE when downloading Forza Horizon 4

Hi my friend is trying to preload his copy of Forza Horizon 4. He's updated to Windows 10 1803 and has more than enough space to install. However everytime he attempts to download from the Microsoft Store he gets this error 0x80072EFE. Really wanna get this
    done with just to enjoy the game.

Thanks!

H5PAHezry, Oct 26, 2018
Thema:

Error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4

1. Error 0x80080206 when trying to install or update Forza Horizon 4 - Similar Threads - Error 0x80080206 trying

2. Trying to install Forza Horizon 4

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Trying to install Forza Horizon 4: I am honestly tired of this... I attempt to install this game and always get this error "0x80073CF9" code... I have done just about every fix out their except completely reformatting my drive.... This is really pissing me off and I cant even refund the game due to the fact...
  3. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: Hello, i bought forza horizon for over 3 months now and i tried installing it from microsoft store several times. Usually it takes some hours to download the full 79 gb game but at the end it would give an error and have to do it again only to see the same error. Today i...
  4. Error on Installing Forza Horizon 4

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error on Installing Forza Horizon 4: Split from this thread. Install Forza Horizon 4 - error code FH601 Windows media components is required pc https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-on-installing-forza-horizon-4/7a573415-dc98-485c-8413-c8f046d7e5d6
  5. Error when downloading Forza Horizon 4

Error when downloading Forza Horizon 4: Hi, Something really frustrating has been occurring for a while now. I'm trying to install Forza Horizon 4, but each and every time I get the same error code: 0x80073D0D. I know that a solution has been posted a while ago, but that has something to do with changing up...
  6. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: i bought the game with the 50% discount from the microsoft store, but no matter what i do i cannot get the game to download i select my HardDrive to download to, wich has enough space for the game to fit, and nothing happens. I just go back to the store page i tried...
  7. Forza horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Forza horizon 4 not installing: I bought forza horizon 4 and it confirms that i bought it on the microsoft store but there is no way to install the game. I tried to install it to both the options it gave me and neither of them worked and microsoft help tells me to copy the game but there is no way to copy...
  8. Code: 0x80080206 Forza Horizon

Code: 0x80080206 Forza Horizon: So, i bought FH4 and started to download it, but for some reason everytime i getting the same error from the title and no matter what i did to fix this issue it still showing up. I read a lot forums and spend on this like 6 hours from now on. Probably the most usefull link i...
  9. Forza Horizon 4 not installing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Forza Horizon 4 not installing: I just bought FH4 from the Microsoft Store but I can`t install it. When I click the Install button on the game page it does the animation but it doesn`t start, I tried doing a Clean Boot and reloging into the MS Store account but none of those two worked. I don`t know if it...
  10. Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Install Forza Horizon 4 Demo: When I go to download the demo I select my computer to install and it says "we're trying to install to the selected device(s)" and gives me the option to click ok but no downloading or installation progress bar and I cannot find Forza anywhere on my computer or in the windows...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x80080206

2. microsoft store 0x80080206

3. 80080206 forza horizon 5

4. errror code 0x80080206 forza,
  5. windows 10 error 0x80080206,
  6. windows store download error 80080206,
  7. 0x80080206 cant install games,
  8. 80080206 Windows phone error,
  9. 0x80080206 play anywhere,
  10. 0x80080206 reddit microsoft store,