Windows 10: Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software

Discus and support Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Windows 10 PRO 64 bit and as far as I know, there are no outstanding updates. My cpu is an AMD A8-3800 quad core that is capable of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JimmyRThompson, Apr 10, 2020.

1. Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software

I have Windows 10 PRO 64 bit and as far as I know, there are no outstanding updates. My cpu is an AMD A8-3800 quad core that is capable of virtualization. I downloaded the file "Windows6.1-KB958559-x64-RefreshPkg.msu" from Microsoft web site. When I attempted to execute it to do the install I received the error 0x80096002 and something about a certificate error.

This problem has been published before with no valid answers. One answer was to run in compatibility modevia Properties, but there is no compatibility mode available. There were other answers, but none worked and even one response was a link back to thetop of the thread. Other requests were to resubmit the question. Well I was not the original poster, but I am opening this problem again in hopes there will be a competent response from someone.

:)

JimmyRThompson, Apr 10, 2020

2. Microsoft virtual machine install error 0x80096002 in windows 10

Hi

I get this message when i try to install microsoft virtual machine in windows 10 pro x64 after download it from microsoft servers

"Windows Update Standalone Installer

Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002

The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found"

I get the same message in the both of x64 and x84 files, i also try to install it in compatibilty mode but its not listed when click in right botton or when enter in file proprieties.

Please help

Thanks

Ferguiston, Apr 10, 2020
  3. Edward942 Win User
    Error 0x80096002 in Installation of Virtual PC

Hi

So I upgraded from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Education. I am trying to now install Windows Virtual PC, it comes from my school for free and there are some things I want to use it for. Anyways, I getting an error code that Windows Update Standalone Installer
    has the error 0x80096002 and that the certificate is invalid or not found.

Edward942, Apr 10, 2020
  4. S_and_S Win User

Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software

Installing a Virtual Machine in Windows 10

Step #1 is to decide which virtual machine software you wish to install.

The three most popular choices are:

• VirtualBox (from Oracle)
    • VMWare Workstation Player (from VMWare); and
    • Hyper-V (from Microsoft)

Once you've made your choice you can find detailed, illustrated instructions for installing each one on the internet.

As a personal suggestion: You might find it easier to use either VirtualBox or VMWare Workstation Player. Hyper-V is more complicated to setup.

Between VirtualBox and VMWare, I think you'll find VirtualBox more user-friendly, and it has the advantage of allowing you to create checkpoints - backups of your virtual machine - whereas to do that in VMWare you'll need to upgrade to their (expensive!)
    paid version.

S_and_S, Apr 10, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software

1. Error 0x80096002 wheb installins Windows Virtual Machine software - Similar Threads - Error 0x80096002 wheb

2. virtual windows machine.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    virtual windows machine.: Hi all, I have a device that needs to be updated using a PC, but I only have a Chromebook. Would it be possible to use the windows virtual machine and update it while it's connected to my Chromebook?...
  3. Virtual Machine

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Virtual Machine: So, I'm here to ask if using Windows in a VM virtual Machine Legal? Its cause I am not getting accurate answers. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/virtual-machine/c2e9e1fa-15e4-4532-9864-d114aa139b86
  4. Echo Issue with all Conferencing software on Virtual machine

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Echo Issue with all Conferencing software on Virtual machine: Recently upgraded to Win 10 build 2004 and a problem has become very pronounced with other people on a conference call saying they have an echo while talking unless I mute my mic. I am using a full headset with both sound and a microphone, so it's not a speaker/mic issue. My...
  5. Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002

Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002: Good day I'm in serious need of help I'm trying to install a program on my Laptop "windows 10" and it keeps on giving me the same error over and over. "Windows Update Standalone Installer Installer encountered an error: 0x80096002 The certificate for the signer of the...
  6. Error: 0x80096002 When executing DISM

Error: 0x80096002 When executing DISM: Dear expert: I am getting 0x80096002 error when executing DISM check. Details as the below. Could please kindly check and advise? Thanks in advance. C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool...
  7. Windows Update Standalone Installer Error 0x80096002

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Update Standalone Installer Error 0x80096002: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]At times, when using a Windows Update Standalone Installer to install Windows Updates, you may see error code 0x80096002. If you face this issue, here is what you can do to resolve the issue and install the update on your [...] This post Windows Update...
  8. virtual machine

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    virtual machine: I want to build an oracle VM. I have a new PC with UEFI I am not used to. It is set to the old BIOS and secure boot is disabled. I found virtualization by searching and chose to change virtualization from disabled toe enabled. Is this what I should have done to use Oracle's...
  9. Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10

Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10: When I am trying to install Windows Virtual PC on my Dell 7577 win10 I am getting the error "Windows Update Standalone Installer error 0x80096002 in Windows 10. The certificate for the signer of the message is invalid or not found". Also, I am not able able able to change the...
  10. Virtual Machines/Virus Software

in Windows 10 Virtualization
    Virtual Machines/Virus Software: Hi, This is unrelated to Win 10 so thought this area might be best I put the VMWare Player on my PC to use Win 10 and would also like to now try putting XP on it for a bit of nostalgia, no networking with host but would like internet on it Is it safe to run XP under...
Tags: