Windows 10: Error 0x800f0247 during virtual printer installation.

Discus and support Error 0x800f0247 during virtual printer installation. in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi, I tried installing Google Cloud printer for Windows 10 on a brand new Surface Pro X and it failed with the following message: The installer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Voytek_D, Dec 13, 2019.

1. Voytek_D Win User

Error 0x800f0247 during virtual printer installation.

Hi,

I tried installing Google Cloud printer for Windows 10 on a brand new Surface Pro X and it failed with the following message:

The installer encountered error 0x800f0247: A problem was encountered while attempting to add the driver to the store.

The machine was running the following system:

Windows 10 Home 64-bit Operating System, ARM-based processor

Version: 1903 Build 18362.476

So far I tried hiding some latest Windows Updates (only a couple was present as computer is brand new) as well as removing old Windows Update files but it didn't help. I also ran SFC /SCANNOW from the console with no faults found.

Google Cloud Printer appears on the installed programs list in settings but does not show on the list of available printers.

Same day, I installed the same printer service on my Surface Pro 2017 and it works fine.

Could this error be a result of driver being incompatible with ARM-based Windows?

I would appreciate any help with this.

Thanks,

Voytek

:)

Voytek_D, Dec 13, 2019

2. Getting Error 0x800f0247 on Printer

Hi Jason,

Since you have already tried the initial solution provided by PreciousLeb, we would like to gather additional information to help us determine the next best step to solve the printer error. Please answer the following:

• Are you installing the driver through Windows Update or manually from the manufacturer's website?
    • Have you made any recent changes or installed updates prior to the error?
    • Aside from the suggested solution of PreciousLeb, what other troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • What is the make and model of your printer?
    • What build and version of Windows 10 are you using?

We hope to hear from you soon.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 13, 2019
  3. Error 0x800f0247

Hello,

I just ran WU and I keep getting this Error Msg: • HP Development Company, L.P. - System - 5/26/2017 12:00:00 AM - 6.0.21.1 - Error 0x800f0247

Any suggestions???

thx

mackdaddy6521, Dec 13, 2019
  4. Error 0x800f0247 during virtual printer installation.

Getting error 0x800f0247 while instlaling Epson printer on Windows 10

Hello Richard,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We regret the inconvenience you have experienced.

What is the error message you can see along with the error code 0x800f0247?

Is that error something related to "General Protection Fault error"?

Are you installing the driver that is downloaded from Manufacturer website?

Is your PC up to date with Windows Update?

If you see the error code 0x800f0247, then it indicates that there is a Registry corrupt or may be corruption with the system files. Suggest you to provide us the above information to assist you better in this regard.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Dec 13, 2019
Thema:

Error 0x800f0247 during virtual printer installation.

1. Error 0x800f0247 during virtual printer installation. - Similar Threads - Error 0x800f0247 during

2. No USB Virtual Printer Ports

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No USB Virtual Printer Ports: When manually installing a printer, I cannot select a USB port because none exist. How do I get the virtual printer ports for USB001, USB002, USB003, etc. to appear in the list? I have read through many replies and I do NOT need to know how to manually add a printer....
  3. 1903 error during installation

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    1903 error during installation: I got the following error. It appeared while 1903 was installing "We cant finish the Update. Try restarting your device and we'll try again. Error Code 0x8007000e" What are you supposed to do when you get this message? Do you leave the window open and just restart your PC...
  4. Virtual 3D printer

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Virtual 3D printer: Hello, I was wondering if it could be possible to install a "Virtual 3D Printer" in order to be able to slice using "3D print". We use different FDM 3D printers, but which are not natively supported by Win10. I want to use "3D print" to slice some files and spool the...
  5. error during installation of Fl Studio 12.4

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    error during installation of Fl Studio 12.4: I prefer t older version, but when i open the installer, it verifies and unpacks the files then jus flashes for a second and closes... the installer just wont open...any help? 121239
  6. windows 10 error during instalation

in Windows 10 Customization
    windows 10 error during instalation: Hi ! I have downloaded windows 10 directly from the site , and while I was waiting for setup to complete , I received the next error message: " There was a problem running this tool , we`re not sure what happened but we`re unable to run this tool on your PC , if you...
  7. CompareExchange128 error during Windows 10 installation

in Windows 10 News
    CompareExchange128 error during Windows 10 installation: [ATTACH] While we see all the beautiful UI during Windows 10 installation, know that drivers are important and need free storage disk to complete installation, your processor is equally important. If you are getting the CompareExchange128 error during Windows 10 installation,...
  8. An error occured during the installation of assembly__...

in Windows 10 Customization
    An error occured during the installation of assembly__...: Hello, I'm coming to you for help today because I have a problem. I want to install the game for Windows Live and Visual C ++ 2008 redistributable but I have the error "An error occurred while installing assembly__" Microsoft.VC90.CRT, version = "9.0.21022.8", publickeyToken...
  9. Installation failed in safe_os during install_drivers error

Installation failed in safe_os during install_drivers error: I have been trying for months on my asus t100ta, I can never get past the issue. I get the error 80070002 20007 code with installation failed during safe_os during install_drivers. I can't figure it out. anyone seen this before or know a fix? 54622
  10. error 0X8007025D during clean install

error 0X8007025D during clean install: I have used searched and looked through posts of other people with this problem and have tried almost everything. I'm booting from bios to a usb and installing windows 10 on a 250gb ssd and it get to about 77-82% and the spits out the error 0x8007025D and I cant get it to go...