Windows 10: "Error (0x800F081F) - DISM Unable to find source" & "sfc /scannow"

Discus and support "Error (0x800F081F) - DISM Unable to find source" & "sfc /scannow" in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I have upgraded 5 machines and clean installed 3 machines. Experienced an issue with one machine with continuous corruption problems After the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by magician2905, Aug 2, 2015.

1. "Error (0x800F081F) - DISM Unable to find source" & "sfc /scannow"

I have upgraded 5 machines and clean installed 3 machines.

Experienced an issue with one machine with continuous corruption problems

After the 3rd attempt I discovered that even with a Clean Install of Win 10 I get unrepairable errors - Sorry I don't have screen captures of the "exact" wording:

(Just to be clear, I have not installed ANYTHING ELSE, other than Windows 10 and the corruption is unrepairable immediately)

Heres what I did to find the issue;

Open CMD in Administrator (type cmd in Cortana search bar, RIGHT CLICK and select "Run as Administrator")

After using command:

sfc /scannow

Windows reports errors which cannot be repaired

Running the following command should repair the issue:

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

BUT DOESN'T - You get this message:

Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
    Version: 10.xxxxxxxxx
    Image Version: 10.xxxxxxxxx
    [==========================100.0%==========================]
    Error: xxxxxxxxx
    The source files could not be downloaded. Use the "source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature.

For more information, review the log file.
    The DISM log file can be found at C:\Windows\Logs\DISM\dism.log

I have tried a few different options, including mounting the ISO and directing the DISM command to look directly on the mounted drive

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:wim:D:\sources\install.wim:1 /limitaccess
    (where "D" is the mounted drive letter)

SOLUTION

1) Get a USB DRIVE
    2) Download the appropriate upgrade for your machine - i.e. Win 10 Home/Pro 32/64bit (you may have already done this btw)
    3) Upgrade your clean installation (its up to you whether you keep or discard your files/programs)
    4) Reboot machine
    5) run the "sfc /scannow" command again (using Elevated [Admin] cmd prompt)
    6) On mine at least it found errors but fixed them immediately.

PRESTO - SORTED!

NOTE - It appears that there is some kind of corruption which can occur when doing a clean installation from the ISO - didnt happen on all of my machines though......so kinda weird.

Hope this helps!!

:)

magician2905, Aug 2, 2015
  2. 93tid Win User

How to fix " Unknown Artist " ?

My favourite is MP3Tag, google it.

93tid, Aug 2, 2015
  3. " Can't find maps on your phone " . Please help

@markus8814

Upon N97 Mini map data could be stored upon either mass memory or memory card with choice available within Nokia Maps application > Settings. Don't want you removing map data unnecessarily but you may possibly need to delete both E:\cities and F:\cities
    + .qf file and re-start Nokia Maps application to re-define necessary folder structure; it may help to set Nokia Maps "Online" and download a few kb's of map data via WLAN access point by zooming in to your current location and start again downloading maps
    to chosen destination.

aspergerguy, Aug 2, 2015
Thema:

"Error (0x800F081F) - DISM Unable to find source" & "sfc /scannow"

1. "Error (0x800F081F) - DISM Unable to find source" & "sfc /scannow" - Similar Threads - Error 0x800F081F DISM

2. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found"

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found": I have the same exact issue documented in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/resolved-dism-error-0x800f081f-the-source-files/1a58faa1-6e7a-4eac-8327-5e6888e0d57b I am running windows 10 C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism...
  3. DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR

DISM & sfc /scannow ERROR: [ATTACH] CHKDSK DISM SFC I checked all these in SAFE BOOT & it worked though. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/dism-sfc-scannow-error/2b11bd0a-578d-49f7-9554-2b36154e8259
  4. DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING

DISM AND SFC /SCANNOW NOT WORKING: yesterday i played my game very smooth but today when i start playing it i found it very laggy i try the folowing comand ''SFC /SCANNOW" but stuck at 43% after that i run 'DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth' but stuck again help me plz......
  5. The source files could not be found Error: 0x800f081f DISM Help.

The source files could not be found Error: 0x800f081f DISM Help.: Some files got corrupted today idk how, many applications won't won't open. I tried using the Command Prompt using /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:I:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess. But the it says The source files could not be found Error: 0x800f081f....
  6. dism and sfc /scannow not workingt

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    dism and sfc /scannow not workingt: Windows PowerShell Copyright (C) Microsoft Corporation. All rights reserved. PS C:\WINDOWS\system32> Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.17134.1 Image Version: 10.0.17134.345 [==...
  7. SFC /Scannow can't repair storport.sys, DISM.exe can't find the source 0x800f081f. Random...

SFC /Scannow can't repair storport.sys, DISM.exe can't find the source 0x800f081f. Random...: Hello there, I've spent about 2 days trying to pinpoint the problem and I can't find the solution. At some point after recent updates my system started BSODing so I updated everything, every possible driver, even MB bios, and of course windows was updated as well. Right...
  8. 0x800f081f Got error in SFC & DISM too in build 10240

in Windows 10 Support
    0x800f081f Got error in SFC & DISM too in build 10240: i did these all scans but nothing worked im getting this error 0x800f081f does anyone had it tooo?? pls help .. *Huh "dism /online /cleanup-image /scanhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /checkhealth dism /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth & DISM /Online...
  9. :( DISM (Error 0x800f081f) and SFC (Failed to Repair)

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    :( DISM (Error 0x800f081f) and SFC (Failed to Repair): I was having some issues with Cortana on the recently released windows 10, so decided to run a SFC /Scan Now and DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /restorehealth. DISM Failed with "Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found. Use the "Source" option to...
  10. sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    sfc /scannow cant fix errors dism is unable to find source.: I've been using Microsoft's OSs since dos 6ish and win 3.11. I always adapt early and usually figure the bugs out on my own, this time not so much. So i updated from win 8.1 pro x64 to win 10 pro x64 on day 2 of RTM as soon as I got my invite. I had been wanting to do a clean...
Tags: