Windows 10: Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found

Discus and support Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi, Getting "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" issues. It seems that I'm not able to fix some corruption. The main... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by gil, Feb 23, 2017.

1. GIL
    gil Win User

Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found

Hi,

Getting "sfc /scannow" and "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" issues.

It seems that I'm not able to fix some corruption.
    The main reason I stared with SFC command was that my icons on my task bar, disappeared.

SFC found issues but was unable to resolve them.

I ran the following commands:

Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
    Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
    DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

I also used "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess"
    to point to my X drive which is my external drive that has Install.wim file.

The error I'm getting is:
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:X:\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess Deployment Image Servicing and Management toolVersion: 10.0.14393.0Image Version: 10.0.14393.0 [===========================91.5%===================== ] Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see MSN France: Hotmail, Outlook, actualités, météo, divertissement DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log[/quote] This is the dism.log file output:
    dism.log - Pastebin.com

Can anyone help please?

:)

2. Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.

what exactly are you suggesting i should do here?

run this dism.exe /online /cleanup-image /restorehealth on powershell/cmd ?

also where did you get that log file from anyway?

are you having the same issue? or have been?

please ELI5 me.. thanks

#Muhammad #Anas, Feb 23, 2017
  3. Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found.

Hi Muhammad,

This error may occur when you use an installation wizard, the Deployment Image Servicing and Management (DISM) tool, or
    Windows PowerShell commands to enable the .NET Framework 3.5.

We suggest that you follow the troubleshooting steps found on this link
    to resolve your issue.

Do get back to us should you encounter any difficulties.

Amylove Loy, Feb 23, 2017
  4. Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found

Unfortunately, the error message does not give you much to go on. The error you are getting can be caused by a mis-match between your downloaded file and the version of Windows you are running. They must match. Another cause could be trying to use a ESD version with ISO parameters and vice versa. Check the version of your download with the following command issued from an admin prompt:

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:H:\sources\install.wim /index:1

where H is the mounted drive for the ISO.

If it does not find the source file, change install.wim above to install.ESD. The same is true when you run the Dism command with "restorehealth". These two errors are the most common causes for your issues.

TexasBandit, Feb 23, 2017
  5. GIL
    gil Win User
    Code: C:\WINDOWS\system32>dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:G:\sources\install.wim /index:1 Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool Version: 10.0.14393.0 Details for image : G:\sources\install.wim Index : 1 Name : Windows 10 Pro Description : Windows 10 Pro Size : 13,880,679,832 bytes WIM Bootable : No Architecture : x64 Hal : acpiapic Version : 10.0.10240 ServicePack Build : 16384 ServicePack Level : 0 Edition : Professional Installation : Client ProductType : WinNT ProductSuite : Terminal Server System Root : WINDOWS Directories : 19767 Files : 101280 Created : 10/09/2015 - 5:35:28 PM Modified : 24/02/2017 - 9:49:43 PM Languages : en-US (Default)The operation completed successfully.[/quote] And this screenshot it my windows info:

Error: 0x800f081f  The source files could not be found [​IMG]

so my build is 14393.693?
    then how or where can I obtain an ISO file with the same build?

6. It appears you are using the wrong drive for the ISO in your Dism statement. The ISO on your system is on G as noted in the output from

dism /Get-WimInfo /WimFile:G:\sources\install.wim /index:1

The correct Dism command should be

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /source:WIM:G:\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess

TexasBandit, Feb 24, 2017
  7. Glad you got it fixed. Those problems can literally drive you crazy because the error messages are just not very helpful. That's interesting that you did not use "limitaccess". I have always used it, but I have also encountered numerous problems using Dism. I'll try leaving it off next time ... thanks for the advice.

Have a good day mate!

TexasBandit, Feb 27, 2017
  8. GIL
    gil Win User

I was able to solve it eventually. Here are the steps:
    1. Create a Windows Installation media, using the Windows Media Creation Tool.
    2. I didn't choose to create ISO file. I selected the 1st option in the list.
    3. After this was done, I referred to the "Dism /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:X:\sources\install.esd:1" command
    4. Note that I didn't use /LimtAccess - not using this options allows windows to use the windows update service to find the required files to fix the issue.
    5. Another important note is that in my case I had to use 'install.esd' file because that is the file that is generated when creating the windows installation disk.
    After running the above command, I was able to see it reached 100% with success message at the end.
    Followed by "sfc /scannow" everything is fixed.

Thema:

1. Error: 0x800f081f The source files could not be found - Similar Threads - Error 0x800f081f source

2. DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found: Hi -I've been having issues recently installing Windows updates and I found that my Windows "Sandbox" environment is no longer working. I've recently been messing with my .net installation to get a specific application working I'm pretty sure that's how I got into this mess...
  3. DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found: Hi -I've been having issues recently installing Windows updates and I found that my Windows "Sandbox" environment is no longer working. I've recently been messing with my .net installation to get a specific application working I'm pretty sure that's how I got into this mess...
  4. DISM error 0x800f081f - Source file could not be found

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  6. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Customization
    DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".: I am unable to complete the repair using DISM command tool.My Lap runs Windows 10 version 22H2, build 19045.2364. It has recently started having some problem with windows update showing errors0x80071160 and 0x800706ba.RanDISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth Deployment...
  7. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found".

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found"

DISM "error 0x800f081f The source files could not be found": I have the same exact issue documented in this thread: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-performance-winpc/resolved-dism-error-0x800f081f-the-source-files/1a58faa1-6e7a-4eac-8327-5e6888e0d57b I am running windows 10 C:\WINDOWS\system32>Dism...
  9. DISM 0x800f081f; source files could not be found

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    DISM 0x800f081f; source files could not be found: Hi all, I've been having issues with getting DISM to successfully run the following: DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth When I do, it gives me a 0x800f081f; source files could not be found. Part of my problem is that I'm on image version 10.0.19041.508 Windows...
  10. The source files could not be found Error: 0x800f081f DISM Help.

The source files could not be found Error: 0x800f081f DISM Help.: Some files got corrupted today idk how, many applications won't won't open. I tried using the Command Prompt using /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth /Source:WIM:I:\Sources\Install.wim:1 /LimitAccess. But the it says The source files could not be found Error: 0x800f081f....
Tags: