Windows 10: error 0x800F0908 when installing language pack

Discus and support error 0x800F0908 when installing language pack in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I was trying to install Japanese language pack but the system shows error code: 0x800F0908 Help me, please... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by PinoyRick, Apr 17, 2020.

1. PinoyRick Win User

error 0x800F0908 when installing language pack

I was trying to install Japanese language pack but the system shows error code: 0x800F0908
    Help me, please

:)

PinoyRick, Apr 17, 2020

2. Error 0x800F0908 when downloading the language pack.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the issue that you are currently facing, we will try the best we can to resolve your issue.

You might get this error message when you are trying to install .NET framework or any other Windows feature that might need .NET framework to work. To troubleshoot this error, I would suggest you to try the steps below and check
    if it's enabled:

1. Press windows key + R to open the run command.

2. Type appwiz.cpl and press enter.

3. Click on "turn windows features on or off"

4. Locate .netframework and check it if it's unchecked.

5. Click "ok" and reboot your computer.

Check if you are able to download the language pack.

I would also suggest you to install all pending windows updates and check if the issue persists.

Please refer to the link below and see the answer given by Deepika Gowda on October 17, 2015 and see if it helps:

Can't download language packs Error Code 0x800F0908

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status of the issue and I’ll be glad to assist you further.

Suvarna Govinda, May 23, 2020
  3. error 0x800F0908 while downloading speech pack for Indian language

My speech pack for indian language is not downlooding, its says error no 0x800F0908 any help please?

Original Title: language pack

SalaurRahman Ayubee, May 23, 2020
  4. Dave1776 Win User

Language Pack refuses to install in Win10

Hi

I had several language packs and associated keyboards installed on my Windows 10 system then all of a sudden the keyboard options just up and disappeared on me. After some searching I decided to uninstall the language packs and then reinstall them but now when I add the language I try to then install the pack and it refuses saying

The following updates were not installed (along with the Korean language pack info)

What can I do to get these languages back on my system as it's annoying not having them available when needed!

I also found this tonight and used trouble shooter to try and find issues it says it found some so I applied the fix and it refuses to fix the issues. It says it fixed it but if I do another scan it comes up with the same issues.

I also tried to do a manual install of the language and it says it can't be installed on this computer.

Thoughts?

This is the info I was following to try and resolve this issue!

https://www.kapilarya.com/cannot-ins...ror-0x800f0908

Thanks
    Dave

Dave1776, May 23, 2020
Thema:

1. error 0x800F0908 when installing language pack - Similar Threads - error 0x800F0908 installing

2. Error message when installing a language Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when installing a language Pack: Windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Install Date ‎09/‎10/‎2022SO Compile ver 22635.2771experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22679.1000.0Specifically, when installing japanese language addons, I get the following error:"We are having trouble installing this...
  3. Error message when installing a language Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message when installing a language Pack: Windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Install Date ‎09/‎10/‎2022SO Compile ver 22635.2771experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22679.1000.0Specifically, when installing japanese language addons, I get the following error:"We are having trouble installing this...
  4. Error when trying to install language packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install language packs: Hello. For the past few days I've been trying to the change the language of Windows 8.1 from Spanish to English US but no matter what I do, I always get some kind of error.So, I went to Windows settings and tried to add a new language from there, when I clicked on the button...
  5. Error when trying to install language packs

Error when trying to install language packs: Hello. For the past few days I've been trying to the change the language of Windows 8.1 from Spanish to English US but no matter what I do, I always get some kind of error.So, I went to Windows settings and tried to add a new language from there, when I clicked on the button...
  6. Language pack installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  7. Language pack installation

Language pack installation: Hello, I downloaded and apparently installed an Italian language pack, at least according to the language settings jpeg 1.However, Word says that the pack is enabled but not installed jpeg 2.Consequently, there is no check mark next to Italian when I try to set it as proofing...
  8. Getting error 0x0 when trying to install language pack's interface language

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Getting error 0x0 when trying to install language pack's interface language: Cannot install interface language component of any language pack, keep getting error 0x0. Don't have this issue with basic typing, etc., though. Windows 10 Pro 21H2, 19044.1645 submitted by /u/lnfecteDru [link] [comments]...
  9. Fix Error Code 0x800F0908 while Iinstalling Language Packs on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Fix Error Code 0x800F0908 while Iinstalling Language Packs on Windows 11: [ATTACH]Here is a full guide on how to fix the error code 0x800F0908 while installing language packs on Windows 11/10. To type in your native language other than English, you need to install language packs in Windows 11. Language packs are included in optional features and...
  10. Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack: Hi! I've been trying to install the English United States language pack, or more specifically, the speech recognition part of it; but whenever I try to download it, the download stops barely having done anything, and a red message appears saying it failed to install, along...
Tags: