Windows 10: Error: 0x800f0954 "Sorry, download failed try again later" when installing basic typing...

Discus and support Error: 0x800f0954 "Sorry, download failed try again later" when installing basic typing... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, I have Windows 10 Education ver 1809 and I have installed the Japanese language pack. However when I try to download Basic Typing it fails... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by JetJungle, Mar 23, 2019.

1. JetJungle Win User

Error: 0x800f0954 "Sorry, download failed try again later" when installing basic typing...

Hi,

I have Windows 10 Education ver 1809 and I have installed the Japanese language pack.

However when I try to download Basic Typing it fails with an error message that says something like "Sorry, download failed try again later" 0x800f0954.

Please help.

Thank you.

***Original title: Trouble downloading basic typing for the Japanese language pack***

:)

JetJungle, Mar 23, 2019
  2. Puliyo Win User

Not able to download Japanese Language Pack - Basic Typing after update

Hi All,

I'm using Windows 10 and after update to Build 17763, input of Japanese with Microsoft IME stopped working.

Whenever I try to switch to Japanese typing, it displays "Japanese IME is not ready yet".

After searching a bit, I've decided to re-install the language pack.

Re-install works however downloading of "Basic Typing" fails with either below message:

"""

Sorry we're having trouble getting this optional feature installed.

You can try again later. Error code: 0x0

"""

"""

Sorry we're having trouble getting this optional feature installed.

You can try again later. Error code: 0x800F0954

"""

Here is the exact step I've taken:

1. Time & Language > Language > Preferred Language

2. Select Japanese > Remove

3. Add a language > Japanese

4. Select Japanese > Options

5. Despite "Basic Typing" were selected in (3), Download button appeared

6. Click on download and voila

There's informaiton level log in event log which doesn't really help:

"""

Fault bucket , type 0

Event Name: CbsPackageServicingFailure2

Response: Not available

Cab Id: 0

"""

I've also tried Advanced Settings for Microsoft IME > Reset Property Setting but to no avail.

Any help is appreciated.

Puliyo, Mar 23, 2019
  3. chideock Win User
    KB4025339 Fails Install 0x80070564

Thanks
    I am trying Eagle 51's suggestions now. Windows Update troubleshooter found a bunch of errors and fixed all but one.The update is trying to download KB4025339 again. I'll see what happens. At step one troubleshooter finishes with one error unresolved "Potential Windows Update Database Error Detected-Not Fixed". Windows update stalled at 0%.

At step 2 same troubleshooter error. The KB finished a new download failed to install.
    Did step 3 KB has downloaded but fails to install.

If Eagle's suggestion doesn't work I'll try EdTittel's suggestion

Tried bothe Eagle & Ed 's suggestions - do not work. Anyone else?

I have noticed that the latest update for my nvidia drivers has failed to update. Wondering about that!

chideock, Mar 23, 2019
  4. Error: 0x800f0954 "Sorry, download failed try again later" when installing basic typing...

Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954

Guys,

It is very frustrating to not be able to embrace the new speech features within Office Pro Plus due to Windows 10 Language options not working!

We need to make the adoption of new feature EASY. Not to be having these silly challenges. I have found that England (United Kingdom) on my system is missing Handwriting and Speech. So clicking options I see I can download these features. BUT after a few
    minutes, I get the following read Error message for both. @Sorry, we-re having trouble getting this optional feature installed. You can try again later. Error code 0x800F0954"

Can I tell you that I have been trying now for a number of days with No joy!

Again, this is unacceptable for users to adopt new ideas within the OS and the Applications. There is a lot of items on this topic with no real solution that I can see. Again.... why make it hard. Sort it with an update Microsoft.

Kind regards

John

JAG-Yberllan, Mar 23, 2019
Thema:

Error: 0x800f0954 "Sorry, download failed try again later" when installing basic typing...

1. Error: 0x800f0954 "Sorry, download failed try again later" when installing basic typing... - Similar Threads - Error 0x800f0954 Sorry

2. Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954: Dear all,on our Windows 10 client computers business environment, Active Directory, MECM we get the following error when we try to install additional language acks e.g. Chinese Traditional/Taiwan:1. The installation of the language pack via "Settings ->Time and Language ->...
  3. Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Language pack installation fails with error 0x800F0954: Dear all,on our Windows 10 client computers business environment, Active Directory, MECM we get the following error when we try to install additional language acks e.g. Chinese Traditional/Taiwan:1. The installation of the language pack via "Settings ->Time and Language ->...
  4. windows defender sorry we ran into unexpected error please try again later

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    windows defender sorry we ran into unexpected error please try again later: hi im having problems with windows defender, im not able to restart the service ive tried setting disableantispyware value to 0 but still the problem didnt resolve...
  5. Microsoft store - "Sorry Try Again Later... Something happened on our end." Installation...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft store - "Sorry Try Again Later... Something happened on our end." Installation...: I am here after hours and days of being mad.Here's a nice little picture for you if you have the same problem:At first I thought this was part of Windows 10's incompetence, little did I know I was correct.here is some funny proof in my...
  6. Microsoft Store - "Try again later" when trying to download/install - PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Store - "Try again later" when trying to download/install - PC: Hello, I purchased Forza Horizon 4 yesterday for PC was not aware codes take 24 hours-children very upset. Today I finally rec'd the code, however when i log into the store to download it i get an error message stating: "try again later, something happened on our end"....
  7. Gears 5 Install-Error Try again later

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Gears 5 Install-Error Try again later: Hi Community, I always receive the "Try again later Something happened on our End"-Error. I already reset The Win-Store, Re-register all apps. Gears of War 1 Ultimate work perfectly without any errors. Error appear since 2 Weeks. First day Gears5 works smooth, next day...
  8. Activation - try again later error

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation - try again later error: I was forced to upgrade my hard drive to ssd, in which windows was installed as non activated. This was a unique problem I faced, even after linking my ms account, it shows error as " can't reactivate pc, try again". I would like to know whether this is a hardware issue or...
  9. Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Speech English UK Download Fails with Error 0x800F0954: Guys, It is very frustrating to not be able to embrace the new speech features within Office Pro Plus due to Windows 10 Language options not working! We need to make the adoption of new feature EASY. Not to be having these silly challenges. I have found that England...
  10. Error 193 when trying to install .Net3.5 with DISM / Error 0x800F0954 when using the tools...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 193 when trying to install .Net3.5 with DISM / Error 0x800F0954 when using the tools...: Hi, I'm trying to install .Net 3.5 on Windows 10.. I tried to install it with the Windows add Features tool and I received the error 0x800F0954. I tried to install it with Powershell / Command Prompt commands and I get error 193, not a valid Win32 application. Any...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x800f0954 basic typing

2. japanes ime for windows 10 error 0x800F0954

3. sorry were having trouble getting this optional feature installed. you can try again later. error code: 0x0

4. windows 10 language sorry trouble end,
  5. basic typing download error code 0x800f0954,
  6. win10 japanese language 0x800f0954,
  7. 0x800F0954 japanese basic typing,
  8. trouble 0x800f0954,
  9. sorry were having trouble getting this feature installed. you can try again later 0x800f0954,
  10. language win 10 basic typing,
  11. you can try again later error code 0x800f0954,
  12. 0x800f0954 cant install language pack,
  13. language pack installation 0x800F0954,
  14. error 0x800f0954 language downloading,
  15. sorry were having trouble gettig this optional feature installed. you can try again later. error code: 0x800f0954