Windows 10: Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack

Discus and support Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Hi! I've been trying to install the English United States language pack, or more specifically, the speech recognition part of it; but whenever I try... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by nic1514, Oct 16, 2020.

1. nic1514 Win User

Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack

Hi!

I've been trying to install the English United States language pack, or more specifically, the speech recognition part of it; but whenever I try to download it, the download stops barely having done anything, and a red message appears saying it failed to install, along with the error 0x80240439.

I've already tried to solve the problem using the following commands in CMD to no avail:

sfc /scannow

Dism.exe /online /Cleanup-Image /StartComponentCleanup

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth

Dism.exe /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

Thanks for the help in advance!

:)

nic1514, Oct 16, 2020
  2. Unkn0wn Win User

Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack

Hi,

The question is that if you have any extra keyboards installed say language for it, (side note: if you have EN-US as the default windows display language you can still add the EN-GB keyboard to it and remove the EN-US one.) So to see what you have currently:

1st Go to Settings

Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack [​IMG]

2nd Time and Language

3rd Region and Language

4th Click on the language you have as default and select options.

5th Check what keyboards you have installed from the list

6th if its the wrong language one just click on the plus and search for the correct one.

7th After it is completed downloading the language preference make sure to change the layout from the taskbar.

A restart might be required, but it might not be essential, report back with further information to this problem.

Edit: Also sometimes even though you have a configuration of a different language pack it may correct or add an extra pack referred to your current location. which you can see just above the region settings.

~Unknown

Unkn0wn, Oct 16, 2020
  3. Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack

After attempting to download and install the English (United Kingdom) language pack I am getting a strange error with the English (United States) keyboard setting. It seems that the parenthesis key is giving me an @ and the @ key is giving me parenthesis. It's like the two keys switched. I did not get the full United Kingdom language pack installed because of an error during download and deleted it.

Any insight into this would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Snarkypuss, Oct 16, 2020
  4. Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack

Speech language pack is not download!!

Hi Ashish,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

Please share the below information to help you better.

• When you say Language pack it not downloading, do you receive any error message?
    • If yes, what is the error message?

There are few languages that windows 10 has pre installed in the system itself, I suggest that you check these languages and locate the language that you want to install. Follow the steps below to locate the language.

• Click on the Start Menu, locate and select Settings.
    • Click on Time and Language.
    • Locate and select Region and Language.
    • Click on Add a Language.

If you cannot find the language there you can download a language pack for Windows 10 from the link below:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows/language-packs#lptabs=win10

Hope the information helps. Please let us know if the issue persist and we will be happy to assist you further.

Thank you.

Mohammed AliAli, Oct 16, 2020
Thema:

Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack

1. Error 0x80240439 when attempting to install a language pack - Similar Threads - Error 0x80240439 attempting

2. Error message when installing a language Pack

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error message when installing a language Pack: Windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Install Date ‎09/‎10/‎2022SO Compile ver 22635.2771experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22679.1000.0Specifically, when installing japanese language addons, I get the following error:"We are having trouble installing this...
  3. Error message when installing a language Pack

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error message when installing a language Pack: Windows:Edition Windows 11 ProVersion 23H2Install Date ‎09/‎10/‎2022SO Compile ver 22635.2771experience Windows Feature Experience Pack 1000.22679.1000.0Specifically, when installing japanese language addons, I get the following error:"We are having trouble installing this...
  4. Error when trying to install language packs

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error when trying to install language packs: Hello. For the past few days I've been trying to the change the language of Windows 8.1 from Spanish to English US but no matter what I do, I always get some kind of error.So, I went to Windows settings and tried to add a new language from there, when I clicked on the button...
  5. Error when trying to install language packs

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error when trying to install language packs: Hello. For the past few days I've been trying to the change the language of Windows 8.1 from Spanish to English US but no matter what I do, I always get some kind of error.So, I went to Windows settings and tried to add a new language from there, when I clicked on the button...
  6. Language Pack Error 0x80240439: Sorry, we’re having trouble getting this feature installed

in Windows 10 News
    Language Pack Error 0x80240439: Sorry, we’re having trouble getting this feature installed: [ATTACH]If you encounter Sorry, we’re having trouble getting this feature installed – Error code […] This article Language Pack Error 0x80240439: Sorry, we’re having trouble getting this feature installed first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...
  7. Error code 0x80240439 while trying to install language pack.

in Cortana
    Error code 0x80240439 while trying to install language pack.: I've been trying to install the English United states language pack for the speech recognition, however every time I try to install the specific parts of the pack I need it keeps giving me the 0x80240439 error code. I've tried several solutions that were suggested on other...
  8. Error code: 0x80240439 when trying to install ,Net Framework 3.5

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error code: 0x80240439 when trying to install ,Net Framework 3.5: An application requires me to download Net Framework 3.5 and every time I try installing it it shows me this error even after a clean boot https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-code-0x80240439-when-trying-to-install-net/f3dfbfd5-0706-4868-8f31-7b71b7f425bb
  9. error 0x800F0908 when installing language pack

in Windows 10 Customization
    error 0x800F0908 when installing language pack: I was trying to install Japanese language pack but the system shows error code: 0x800F0908 Help me, please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0x800f0908-when-installing-language-pack/08b39cb9-380f-4e91-bf63-9bfd54659db8
  10. Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack

in Windows 10 Support
    Keyboard error occurred after failed attempt to install language pack: After attempting to download and install the English (United Kingdom) language pack I am getting a strange error with the English (United States) keyboard setting. It seems that the parenthesis key is giving me an @ and the @ key is giving me parenthesis. It's like the two...
Tags: