Windows 10: Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...

Discus and support Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not... in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]While starting Windows Subsystem for Linux on your Windows computer, if you get an error saying Error: 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Dec 21, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...

Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not... the-virtual-machine-could-not-be-started.png
    While starting Windows Subsystem for Linux on your Windows computer, if you get an error saying Error: 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed, follow these steps to fix the issue. It is quite common when you disable the Hyper-V and try to use WSL2 on your PC. […]

This article Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Dec 21, 2021
  2. paressh30 Win User

"Error" Installing Linux distro in windows 10 pro wsl2

WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370102
    Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed.

paressh30, Dec 21, 2021
  3. WslRegisterDistribution error 0x80370102

I don't have the same hardware you have but received the same error message. I'm running Window 10 Pro version 2004.

Here's what I found:

I had Visualization: Disabled and had to go into the BIOS-System Security and enable both Visualization options.

I also had to install two Vitalization program features for my system, one of which I don't see in your Windows Features screen shot.

What I selected from Windows Features were: Hyper-V & all sub options, Virtual Machine Platform & Windows Hypervisor Platform

After restart Debian started with no errors.

I just googled your system and found the following:

"The hyper-V role cannot be installed on Windows 8 or 10 Home, it requires Windows 8, 10 professional or higher.

Some Acer systems have Virtualization Technology enabled by default, if the system support it. Use the steps below to confirm if Virtualization Technology is available on your system:

Press Ctrl + Alt + Del.

Select Task Manager.

Click the Performance tab.

Click CPU.

The status will be listed under the graph and will say "Virtualization: Enabled" if this feature is enabled."

Hope this helps.

LarryGardner2, Dec 21, 2021
  4. Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...

Running Ubuntuu on Windows 10 os build 20211

I am trying to run Ubuntu 20.04 on a Windows 10 plat form. When start Ubuntu I this message 'Error: 0x80370102 The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed' Virtualisation is enabled and I followed all the
    rules.

Please help.

ColinForbes1, Dec 21, 2021
Thema:

Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not...

1. Error 0x80370102 The Virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not... - Similar Threads - Error 0x80370102 Virtual

2. Error: 0x80370114 The operation could not be started because a required feature is not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error: 0x80370114 The operation could not be started because a required feature is not...: Windows 10 2022H2I am really stuck on this error, is there anything else I can try? Is there anything I can try? I seem to be unable to update WSL.Running in Powershell: wsl --update WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370114 Error: 0x80370114 The operation could...
  3. Error: 0x80370114 The operation could not be started because a required feature is not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error: 0x80370114 The operation could not be started because a required feature is not...: Windows 10 2022H2I am really stuck on this error, is there anything else I can try? Is there anything I can try? I seem to be unable to update WSL.Running in Powershell: wsl --update WslRegisterDistribution failed with error: 0x80370114 Error: 0x80370114 The operation could...
  4. Error: 0x80370114 The operation could not be started because a required feature is not...

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  6. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server

Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running server: Am getting the above error when trying to start virtual machines on my server running windows server 2012 R2. They were working fine but we had an unexpected shutdown due to power outage. I have tried the solutions below but none worked.Restarting the Hyper V Virtual Machine...
  7. "The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...: I have virtualisation enabled in my BIOS and I have WSL enabled in Windows Features, but when I try to install Ubuntu I get the following error....
  8. "The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...

"The virtual machine could not be started because a required feature is not installed" on...: I have virtualisation enabled in my BIOS and I have WSL enabled in Windows Features, but when I try to install Ubuntu I get the following error....
  9. Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Virtual Machine could not be started because the hypervisor is not running: I'm trying to get Ubuntu running in Hyper-V. I have enabled the virtualization option in my BIOS. I have enabled the Hyper-V checkbox in "Turn Windows features on or off" and I can create the virtual machine but it errors when I try and start it. When I Google the error...
  10. [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform

in Windows 10 Customization
    [Windows Features] Virtual Machine Platform: In what case would I need to install the Virtual Machine Platform (found in - Turn Windows features on or off)? What is it good for? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-features-virtual-machine-platform/9a31aa63-36bc-4e6c-a054-e8dc47af3c0e