Windows 10: "Error 0x806320a1: The service is not available." When I try to start Peer Name Resolution...

Discus and support "Error 0x806320a1: The service is not available." When I try to start Peer Name Resolution... in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I recently got Forza Horizon 4 and had a lot of trouble with the multiplayer features. One day it would work, the other it wouldn't. At first, it was a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by monXont, Jun 22, 2021.

1. monXont Win User

"Error 0x806320a1: The service is not available." When I try to start Peer Name Resolution...

I recently got Forza Horizon 4 and had a lot of trouble with the multiplayer features. One day it would work, the other it wouldn't. At first, it was a problem with my teredo connection, but I managed to fix that. Now when I try to join an online session, it says something like "Failed to open a connection. Check if your network allows IPSEC connections, and try again. I check my services and saw that Peer Name Resolution Protocol and Peer Networking Grouping are both not running, but when I try to start Peer Name Resolution Protocol it opens a popup that says "Windows could not start the Peer

:)

monXont, Jun 22, 2021

2. 3 key peer services in local services will not start, blocking homegroup function

Hi Stephen,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are facing currently. let me help you in resolving the issue.

I suggest you to start the services for Peer Networking and check if it helps.

Three particular Windows services manage peer-to-peer networking, and all computers in you are trying to connect should have the same settings in order to reduce error messages and connection problems.

Step 1: Stop the services.

• Press Windows Key + R on the keyboard and type
      services.msc
      , Services window gets opened.
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Do the same for Peer Networking Group
      and Peer Networking Identity Manager.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

I would also suggest you to refer to these below Microsoft articles and check, if it works.

HomeGroup from start to finish

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/...-finish=windows-81&v1h=win81tab1&v2h=win7tab1

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

HomeGroup problems in Windows

Windows help & learning - Microsoft Support

Note: Applies to Windows 10.

Hope the information helps. Keep us posted on Windows related queries and we will be happy to assist you further.

Nachappa C K, Jun 22, 2021
  3. Can not Create Homegroup and error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer and

Hi Ken,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community, we appreciate your interest in Windows 10.

As per your concern is to create a HomeGroup, do let us know if you are facing the same issue with same error code?

If so, I suggest you to start the services for Peer Networking and check if it helps.

Three particular Windows services manage peer-to-peer networking, and all computers in you are trying to connect should have the same settings in order to reduce error messages and connection problems.

Step 1: Stop the services.

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol service, right click on it and click on
      Stop.
    • Restart the computer.

Step 2: Start the service and set it to automatic:

services.msc
    • Search for Peer Name Resolution Protocol
      service, right click on it and click on
      Properties.
    • Start the service, set
      Startup type to Automatic.

Hope it helps. Reply to the post with an updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Jun 22, 2021
  4. andrea789 Win User

"Error 0x806320a1: The service is not available." When I try to start Peer Name Resolution...

Can not Create Homegroup and error 1068 - Windows could not start the Peer Networking Grouping on Local Computer and

Hi,

Followed instructions to the letter, ran the SFC scan (did not find anything wrong), stopped the 3 services you mentionned and rebooted.

Getting error message: "Error 0x80630203: Unable to access a key" for the following service

• Peer name resolution protocol
    • Peer networking grouping (dependent on Peer name resolution protocol)
    Peer networking identity manager - is started.

Please help

andrea789, Jun 22, 2021
Thema:

1. "Error 0x806320a1: The service is not available." When I try to start Peer Name Resolution... - Similar Threads - Error 0x806320a1 service

2. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  3. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Peer to Peer Network issue: I have added a Windows 10 computer to a network where the other two computers are currently legacy Win 7 machines. Having done all of the normal things put machine in same workgroup, enabled network discovery, disabled IPv6, shared the C drive I am now at the situation where...
  4. Peer to Peer Network issue

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. Name resolution

in Windows 10 Customization
    Name resolution: Olá,Tive o seguinte problema, vendo no log, ao conectar meu notebook na rede existe esse erro Resolução de nomes para o nome _ldap._tcp.pdc._msdcs.xxxx.local. Tempo acabou. Depois de dimensionar uma VM, toda a rede caiu, alguém sabe se esse erro de resolução de nome tem algo...
  6. The service named ClipSVC can't be started

in Windows 10 Customization
    The service named ClipSVC can't be started: I can't start the service named ClipSVC,when I try starting it,there is an error:The specified moudle could not be found.This cause that I can't install anything on Microsoft store...
  7. Error : System ressources insufficient to start the service. It happens when I try to boot...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error : System ressources insufficient to start the service. It happens when I try to boot...: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/Cedot1624 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/k0jc98/error_system_ressources_insufficient_to_start_the/
  8. Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer

in Windows 10 News
    Windows could not the start Peer Networking Grouping Service on Local Computer: [ATTACH] Although Microsoft removed Homegroup from Windows 10 v1803, you can find this feature in the older build of Windows 10 as well as Windows 8/7. If you are using any Windows version, which has Homegroup functionality but you are getting [...] This post Windows could...
  9. Unable to start Peer Networking Identity Manager service. Error 5

Unable to start Peer Networking Identity Manager service. Error 5: The entire message is: Windows could not start the Peer Networking Identity Manager service on Local Computer. Error 5: Access is denied I tried deleting the folder PeerNetworking at the suggestion on Windows 7 Fourms....
  10. Peer to peer problems

Peer to peer problems: 4 computers 3 laptops (T61, P50, Dell) Win10 Pro 1 desktop Win7 I followed Brink's tutorial 'Change Workgroup in Windows 10'. One of the computer's (desktop) still belonged to the previous workgroup--MSHOME. I created a new workgroup on all 4--GREENGROUP....