Windows 10: Error 0x81000019 "Shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application...

Discus and support Error 0x81000019 "Shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application... in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi! Hopefully someone can help since i'm lost and haven't found a working answer for this online. I am trying to do a full backup of Windows 10,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Maxushikiza, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Error 0x81000019 "Shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application...

Hi! Hopefully someone can help since i'm lost and haven't found a working answer for this online.

I am trying to do a full backup of Windows 10, because i want to restore it. When starting the backup, it stops at 8% and gives me the following error:

A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP"

application event logs for more information.

Details: The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup

process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur.

Error code: 0x81000019

On services.msc Volume Shadow Copy is set to Running and Automatic and the Dependencies too. I didn't find a SPP service but i found Software Protection which is also set to Running and Automatic.

Otherwise I don't know what else to do.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Maxushikiza, Jan 18, 2019

2. Error 0x81000019, Windows 10 Desktop

My computer is trying to do its weekly backup. Last week and the weeks prior backup worked fine. However, this week I am getting the 0x81000019 error. "A shadow copy could not be created. Please check "VSS" and "SPP" application event logs for more information.
    Details: The writer experienced a non-transient error. If the backup process is retried, the error is likely to reoccur." The drive I am using for the backup still has 647 GB free. Any Suggestions?

JustinW1981, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Windows backup Error-"A shadow copy could not be created. Please check 'VSS' and 'SPP' application event logs"

Hi Filip,

This error might also occur if the Volume Shadow Copy and
    SPP Notification Service
    is not started and not set to automatic.

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

Please follow the steps:

1. On the desktop, press Windows key + R to open the Run Dialog.

2. Type services.msc in the Run Dialog, and then press Enter
    to open Services.

3. Right-click on the Volume Shadow Copy and SPP Notification Service
    services, and then click Properties.

4. If the Startup type box is set to Disabled, change it to
    Automatic

5. Click OK to close the Properties window.

6. Right-click the Volume Shadow Copy and
    SPP Notification Service
    services, and then click Start. The service

should start without errors.

If you do receive any errors, please let us know.

Method 2:

Place the computer in Clean Boot and then try to perform Backup.

You need to follow the steps from the article mentioned below to perform a Clean Boot:

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135/en-us

Note: After clean boot troubleshooting steps, refer to the section "How to reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot" in the provided link to return your computer to Normal startup mode.

Hope this information is helpful. Revert us with the status, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Mohan Babu ER, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Error 0x81000019 "Shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application...

Backup Problems/Errors

Hi,

There are several possible reasons why you received an error code "0x81000019" when you attempted to backup files on your Windows 10 computer. This could be caused by third-party software conflicts or the backup
    services are not started. For us to resolve your concern, kindly answer the question below:

• When was the last time you were able to successfully perform a backup?
    • Were there any recent changes made or updates installed prior to the issue occurring?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you attempted?

Also, kindly confirm if the exact error message that showed up along with the error code "0x81000019" is similar to the one below:

• A shadow copy could not be created. Please check the 'VSS' and 'SPP' application event logs for more information. Details: Insufficient storage available to create either the shadow copy storage file or other shadow copy data.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Error 0x81000019 "Shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application...

1. Error 0x81000019 "Shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application... - Similar Threads - Error 0x81000019 Shadow

2. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  3. Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Backup Error A Shadow copy cannot be created VSS & SPP: Hi There,I am running the latest Win 11 & tried to do my usual Sunday Back up to my external HDI received the following error messageAny suggestions gratefully accepted...
  4. Problem with VSS system restore and chkdsk on shadow copy fails

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Problem with VSS system restore and chkdsk on shadow copy fails: Hello. Windows version is Windows 10 Professional 21H1 build 19043.1165 with latest updates. The volume is BitLocker encrypted. Yesterday just navigating through tabs on System Properties dialog, I occasionally found that System Restore fails to launch with error 0x81000203:...
  5. "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    "The restore point could not be created for the following reason:" "The shadow copy...: It shows this when I tried to create a system restore point https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-restore-point-could-not-be-created-for-the/c0acad2d-9e73-437a-892a-ff67cbb68863
  6. Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    Windows Image Backup stopped working, VSS and SPP errors: Hi, I am new to Windows 10 Forum but was a member of Windows 8 Forum for many years. I have been an avid computer user since 1981 BBC Micro days. I have had a new Windows 10 since March 2019 but now have a problem that has frequently arisen with Windows 7, 8, 8.1 and now 10....
  7. Volume Shadow Copy Service Failure Check "VSS" & "SPP" application event logs for more...

in Windows 10 Customization
    Volume Shadow Copy Service Failure Check "VSS" & "SPP" application event logs for more...: Took following corrective steps: 1. Disabled Antivirus and Firewall 2. Turned "Volume Shadow Copy tgo "Automatic" 3. Checked for "Hard Drive Errors" The above procedures did not resolve the problem suggestions welcome...
  8. Windows Backup Error 0x81000019, A shadow copy could not be created

in Windows 10 News
    Windows Backup Error 0x81000019, A shadow copy could not be created: [ATTACH] [IMG]When trying to take a backup of Windows 10, you may encounter an error — A shadow copy could not be created. This error is associated with VSS and SPP event logs and may be accompanied with error code 0x81000019. [...] This post Windows Backup Error 0x81000019,...
  9. Windows 10 Backup Error -"A shadow copy could not be created. Please check 'VSS' and 'SPP'...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Backup Error -"A shadow copy could not be created. Please check 'VSS' and 'SPP'...: I have started to receive Below Mentioned error. I have checked on Application log that points to storage space issue on device ( NAS drive). Infect Device has more than Enough space to store windows backup. [ATTACH]...
  10. A volume shadow copy service operation failed. VSS &SPP (0x87800A1)

in Windows 10 Backup and Restore
    A volume shadow copy service operation failed. VSS &SPP (0x87800A1): Hello awesome people of this forum! I need help. I have experienced a (fatal) error in attempting to backup my Windows box via System Image. I cannot seem to figure out the problem, and I was hoping someone may know more in trying to fix this and I would like to learn....
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0x81000019 windows 10 backup failed

2. 0x81000019 writer experienced a transient error

3. vss application event log windows 10

4.   A shadow copy could not be created. Please check VSS and SPP application event logs for more information. The specified object was not found. Error code: 0x81000019,
  5. backup failed 0x81000019 check vss and spp application,
  6. Please check VSS and SPP,
  7. fix for shadow copy could not be created. please check vss and spp application event logs for more information.,
  8. A shadow copy could not be created. Please check the VSS and SPP application event logs for more information. Details: the shadow copy provider had an error. Check the system and application event logs for more information. error code: 0x81000019,
  9. a shadow copy cannot be created please check the VSS,
  10. error 0x81000019 the writer experienced a non-transient error.,
  11. 0x81000019 windows 10,
  12. windows 10 error 0X81000019,
  13. 0x81000019