Windows 10: Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1

Discus and support Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm in the process of upgrading my Microsoft Studio ver 1 with a faster/larger M.2 and SSD. It was purchased with an i7, 16g memory, 128g M.2 and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by GSR1941, Mar 3, 2020.

1. GSR1941 Win User

Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1

I'm in the process of upgrading my Microsoft Studio ver 1 with a faster/larger M.2 and SSD. It was purchased with an i7, 16g memory, 128g M.2 and a slow 1TB HDD. After cleaning the system and checking for the latest updates
    before removing the drives, I created a "Image Copy" of the system using the "Backup and Restore Window 7" process listed in the Control Panel. I wanted all my data, apps and programs to move over to the new drives.
    I also created a recovery drive.
    My objective was to install the OS on the faster M.2 while using the SSD for data.
    So I followed the instructions to download the Intel drivers for use when installing the OS to the M.2 drive.
    During the install process using the Intel drivers I was able to select the M.2 drive
    to install the OS.

I'm now getting a blue screen with the following Recovery message.

RECOVERY "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The application or operating system couldn't be loaded
    because a required file is missing or contains errors. File: \Windows\system32\winload.efi"

I've attempted the Recovery Environment and rerun the install process after using "Diskpart" to delete partitions.
    I'm still getting the same error. I've also tried using a generic Win10 ISO and still get the same error.

At the current time, I'm at a loss and would love to resolve the issue without having to remove/reinstall the old equipment.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    MB

:)

GSR1941, Mar 3, 2020
  2. John Zab Win User

0xc000000e

Hi Peter,

To assist you better with your concern regarding 0xc000000e, give us an idea on the following:

• Can you provide the steps Vijay gave you? if it's from Community, you may post the link.
    • When are you usually getting this messages?
    We look forward to your response.

John Zab, Mar 3, 2020
  3. error code 0xc000000e

The boot error 0xc000000e on Windows seems quite irritating as the user finds difficult to load the operating system normally. It mainly occurs due to uncertain shutdown or restart of the computer which may be because of power failure or sudden system crash thereby making the boot configuration data corrupt. I will explain you how to repair the boot configuration data.
    1) Insert the Windows installation bootable disk and open the command prompt through it.
    Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1 [​IMG]
    2) Execute the following commands one by one
    bootrec/fixmbr
    bootrec/fixboot
    bootrec/rebuildbcd

Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1 [​IMG]
    3) Wait for the process to be completed and then Restart your PC.
    4) Visit the link www.officialtechsupport.com/fix-boot-error-0xc000000e-windows-10/ to know the rest of the methods to fix boot errors on your PC

AdityaChoudhary, Mar 3, 2020
  4. Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1

Error 0xc000000e required device cannot be found

Hi James,

I realize that it must be difficult for you when things are not working as it should. Sorry to know that you are facing this issue. I will try to help you with this issue.

Please answer these questions to get more clarity on this issue:

• What is the make and model of the pc?

• Did you upgrade to Windows 10 or did Windows 10 come pre-installed on the pc?

Suggest you to follow the suggestion provided by “Jenith_James” from this thread to check if that helps.

Error code: 0xc000000e in Windows 10

Keep us informed to help you further.

Srimadhwa B, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1

1. Error 0xc000000e following a replacement of both the M.2 and HDD in my Microsoft StudioVer 1 - Similar Threads - Error 0xc000000e following

2. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e: Details:Recently my 500GB SATA boot drive ran out of space due to apps/updates. I then have purchased a m.2 NVME drive. I have used Macrum Reflect 8 to clone the 500GB SATA drive to the new 1TB NVME M.2. Before that I did format the new drive with the GPT format in disk...
  3. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e: Details:Recently my 500GB SATA boot drive ran out of space due to apps/updates. I then have purchased a m.2 NVME drive. I have used Macrum Reflect 8 to clone the 500GB SATA drive to the new 1TB NVME M.2. Before that I did format the new drive with the GPT format in disk...
  4. Cloned LEGACY SSD to M.2 error: 0xc000000e

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Replacing my m.2 for a bigger one

Replacing my m.2 for a bigger one: In my system I currently have an m.2 ssd that I boot from and a HDD. I want to replace my m.2 ssd with a bigger one; however to do that I would have to take out the m.2 I boot from as I only have one m.2 slot. I need help as I don't know what to do....
  6. cloning hdd to NVMe m.2

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    cloning hdd to NVMe m.2: if i clone my hdd to a nvme m.2 using something like macrium will windows use the right driver for nvme on boot or would i need to reinstall to get correct drivers https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cloning-hdd-to-nvme-m2/a8055614-e138-453d-a75f-15a6d457735e
  7. My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My HDD makes a grinding sound, followed by a 1-2 seconds OS freeze.: Hi community. I'm experiencing some issues since I installed a new HDD on my desktop which I exclusively use for storing games and pictures. Since, Windows freezes now and then through a clicking sound from the drive while not even requesting data from it. I was doing only...
  8. Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD

Upgrading hdd to M.2 SSD: I got a new m.2 drive for Christmas and ive been trying to set it up so that my new SSD drive will replace my old hdd. I partitioned and cloned the new drive and it works well with HDD. However when I take the hdd drive out and turn my computer back on it brings up support...
  9. Error: 0xc000000e

Error: 0xc000000e: I was trying to install Linux alongside Windows. One person suggested I change the format of the disk to MBR, so I did so with an external program. I now see this was a bad idea as on reload, I can't access Windows. It gives the error 0xc000000e, not surprising as the...
  10. Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Performance: 2 HDD VS 2 Partitions in 1 HDD: I have C: for OS, D: for my documents. I use for game dev, mostly using Phoshop, Unity Which one of the follow options have better performance? 2 HDD (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 1 HDD 2 Partitions (1 for OS, 1 for documents) 62047
Tags: