Windows 10: error 0xc0000034 and "Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied"

Discus and support error 0xc0000034 and "Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied" in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Having issues with error 0xc0000034 and Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied when trying to fix the problem. I have looked at many suggested... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by nowin10fan, Feb 21, 2019.

1. error 0xc0000034 and "Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied"

Having issues with error 0xc0000034 and Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied when trying to fix the problem.

I have looked at many suggested fixes but have a few questions. I am concerned about losing data.

One suggestion is to assign a drive letter using diskpart and format the EFI partition with this command: "format N: /FS:FAT32". The warning that all will be erased concerns me. Will I loose all my data on my computer. I am also unsure which volume to assign the letter too. One forum says the "hidden" "fat32" volume but multiple forums offer different commands and wordings. Can anyone offer a solution to "access denied" that will not result in my files being lost. Then there is still the 0xc0000034 error to fix.

:)

nowin10fan, Feb 21, 2019

2. HP - Windows 10 - X:\sources>bootrec/fixboot ---> Access is denied.

My wife's computer has crashed and will not reboot.

She gets a blue screen that has the error code 0xc0000034

I've tried following some steps I found online - How to Fix a 'Boot Configuration Data File is Missing' Error in Windows 10

I downloaded the MediaCreationTool on to a USB as suggested, plugged it in and followed the steps to the CMD Prompt.Here is what I get:

X:\sources>bootrec/fixmbr ---> The operation completed successfully.

X:\sources>bootrec/fixboot ---> Access is denied....

X:\sources>bootrec/rebuildbcd

Scanning all disks for Windows installations.

Please wait, since this may take a while...

Successfully scanned Windows installations.

Total identified Windows installations: 1

[1] C:\Windows

Add installation to boot list? Yes(Y)/No(N)/All(A):a

The system cannot find the path specified.

I'm unsure of what to do next, please advise.

[Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Windows update, recovery, & backup]

BreakingDallas, Feb 21, 2019
  3. macekor Win User
    Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access denied

Hello,

I have a problem, i uninstalled ubuntu with GRUB recently and wanted to fix windows bootloader. And when i type bootrec /fixmbr everything's fine, but when i type bootrec /fixboot it shows access denied. I've read answear to this question

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/windows-10-bootrec-fixboot-access-is-denied/747c4180-7ff3-4bc2-b6cc-81e572d546df
    , but when i list volumes in diskpart i don't see any fat32 partition so i don't know which partition is
    efi. I see following partitions. Does somebody know a solution?
    error 0xc0000034 and "Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied" [​IMG]

macekor, Feb 21, 2019
  4. error 0xc0000034 and "Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied"

BootRec/Fixboot Access Denied

I have been getting the error that automatic repair couldn't repair your pc. (Log file: D:\Recovery\WindowsRE\Winre.wim\System32\LogFiles\Srt\SrtTrai.txt).

I have tried http://troubleshooter.xyz/wiki/fix-automatic-repair-couldnt-repair-your-pc/ and I ran into the problem where bootrec/fixboot gives me an access denied msg.

So I tried this solution : Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied and it gives me the same error.

My laptop is an ASUS M3 6Y30, running Windows 10.

Any help would be appreciated!

Amarajith Balasubramaniam, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

error 0xc0000034 and "Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied"

1. error 0xc0000034 and "Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied" - Similar Threads - error 0xc0000034 bootrec

2. Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!: Windows 11 after upgrading from windows 10 at startup just shows black screen help fix. Windows 10 no black screen problem but occasionally after 10-15min use the screen turns black and unable to see anything...
  3. Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access denied bootrec /fixboot why?!: Windows 11 after upgrading from windows 10 at startup just shows black screen help fix. Windows 10 no black screen problem but occasionally after 10-15min use the screen turns black and unable to see anything...
  4. Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot - Access Denied Error: I am trying to repair Windows 10 on an Acer laptop. The USB windows repair boot disc wont repair it automatically so went to the Troubleshoot menu and the command line tools where your articles suggest I try the following commands. Bootrec /fixmbr, This seems to work....
  5. Bootrec /fixboot access denied?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bootrec /fixboot access denied?: My boot record got corrupted, I am unable to start Win10. I did all of the auto recovery options none had work. I am at the CMD and tried bootrec /fixboot but get access denied. I reformated boot partition to FAT32, copied boot files using bcdboot from \windows directory...
  6. Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 bootrec /fixboot access is denied: Hello. I have followed all the instruction and type in cmd starting from: Diskpart -> list disk and sel disk 0. Now i am stuck on "List Volume" on the cmd. I have 4 volumes on my screen : Vol 0 as C- OS NTFS partition, Vol 1 as E- Recovery partition, Vol 2 as "blank (aka...
  7. FIX bootrec /FixBoot Access is denied error on Windows 10

in Windows 10 News
    FIX bootrec /FixBoot Access is denied error on Windows 10: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The bootrec /FixBoot Access is denied error mostly occurs while fixing boot related issues inside Command Prompt. It is related to the Boot Manager. There are some other causes for this issue too, but it usually revolves around the notion [...] This post FIX...
  8. Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Bootrec /fixboot Access is denied error: I encountered winlog.exe missing/corrupted issue during laptop startup. Have googled up solutions in repairing with USB bootable drive but did not help. There's other recommendations to enter command prompt and enter the few bootrec commands. However upon entering Bootrec...
  9. Access denied on bootrec /fixboot

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied on bootrec /fixboot: Hello, I installed Windows 10 version 1809 recently. It crashed after a system restore and did not boot anymore. So I used the installation disk and tried out the inbuilt repair functions, which did not work. I also tried line commands, which worked expect bootrec /fixboot....
  10. bootrec /fixboot access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    bootrec /fixboot access is denied: My Windows upgrade is failed and force the PC to power off while it is still writing to the disk, and appeared the blue screen error "INACCESSIBLE_BOOT_DEVICE". and I run the command "bootrec /fixboot", however, I received the "bootrec /fixboot access is denied" error...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error code 0x0000034 windows 10 Fixboot denied

2. error code 0xc000034 windows 10 access denied