Windows 10: error 0xc0000098 unable to get to windows setup/repair/recovery

Discus and support error 0xc0000098 unable to get to windows setup/repair/recovery in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have an alienware x51 not sure which one. My hard drive failed i tried to reset windows it worked but i could not login in with keyboard and mouse. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by BrianBenjamin, May 4, 2019.

1. error 0xc0000098 unable to get to windows setup/repair/recovery

I have an alienware x51 not sure which one. My hard drive failed i tried to reset windows it worked but i could not login in with keyboard and mouse. I tried installing windows 10 with my windows 10 usb that i bought from Microsoft, i could not get to windows setup due to error on boot manager error 0xc0000098. I checked my hard drive inside my computer it was all blue. I assumed my hard drive fried. I bought a new hard drive same exact one. I tried install windows with same windows 10 usb it will load files but wont bring up blue screen to recovery or install windows. I get same boot manager error

windows failed to start a recent hardware or software change might be the cause to fix the problem

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.efi

I also tried to install in legacy mode and got same file error but ending in \winload.exe

I also get sometime is no boot drive found even though its plugged and my computer recognized its there.

I used hardware diagnostic and tell me everything is good no problem with hardware and new hard drive

What do I do or how to I fix this problem?

Do I need new windows 10 install usb or dvd?

I have checked all forums on this and I keep getting same answer that I should be able to get to windows recovery or repair but I am unable to because of this boot manager error

I can give more info about my computer if asked.

:)

BrianBenjamin, May 4, 2019

2. Windows 10 0xc0000098 error

Hi,

0xc0000098 is caused by an incomplete or corrupt configuration in the BCD registry hive. To help get the best solution to your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you experiencing the blue screen error during boot up?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're able to boot up your computer, we suggest following the steps on this
    link
    to help resolve blue screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, May 4, 2019
  3. Alden Rey Win User
    error code: 0xc0000098

Hi,

The the 0xc0000098 error can appear due to a corrupted BCD (Boot Configuration Data) file. This can be due to a change in the hardware. There is also a possibility that Windows files or the hard drive was damaged on some cases. In this case, we suggest to boot
    from windows 10 installation disc and kindly follow the steps provided by
    Teemo Tang
    on this
    link

Should you have further concerns, feel free to post.

Regards.

Alden Rey, May 4, 2019
  4. H.Modh Win User

error 0xc0000098 unable to get to windows setup/repair/recovery

Need help to resolve Windows 10 Error Code: 0xc0000098 (your PC/Device needs to repaired)

I recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7.
    Once I restarted my PC, it was stuck to Operating System Not Found.

Then I used bootable USB to repair a laptop.<br>
    On the first go, I tried below steps.

1. Enabled External Boot Device in boot setting menu
    2. Completed language setting
    3. Clicked on Repair your computer which is just below Install Now option
    4. Opted for Troubleshoot option
    5. Went to Advanced options
    6. Clicked on Startup Repair

After all the above steps, it just stuck to a blue page mentioning Error Code: 0xc0000098

Now every time I try to repair a laptop using a bootable USB, it always stuck to this blue page. I have posted a video having this problem .

H.Modh, May 4, 2019
Thema:

error 0xc0000098 unable to get to windows setup/repair/recovery

1. error 0xc0000098 unable to get to windows setup/repair/recovery - Similar Threads - error 0xc0000098 unable

2. Error 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 0xc0000098: I was reinstalling Windows 10 because my Windows got corrupt. Suddenly after I formatted my C Drive in which I had installed my OS I had an unexpected shutdown after then whenever I am trying to reinstall OS I am always stuck at Error 0xc0000098. I am not able to do anything....
  3. Error 0xc0000098

Error 0xc0000098: [IMG]I'm having problems with my Windows 10 PC,It has an error saying "The Boot Confinguration Data File Doesn't contain valid information for an operating system" I tried Booting It from USB but it keeps showing the error again...
  4. Surfacebook shows need recovery and error type:0xc0000098

Surfacebook shows need recovery and error type:0xc0000098: When I exit and restart then this screen appears again[IMG][IMG] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/surfacebook-shows-need-recovery-and-error/d895f69d-e850-4332-a300-9ab7519260b4
  5. Error Code 0xc0000098

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Code 0xc0000098: Hi everyone. I am having a super tough time with this stupid error code that abruptly showed up on my pc (Error: 0xc0000098). I do NOT have a disk for Windows nor does my laptop support disks. My alternate solution to this was Creation Media Tool and installing windows 10 on...
  6. Error 0xc0000098

Error 0xc0000098: Hi everyone, My name is João, and I both my windows 10 with a usb boot. I built my desktop yesterday and I tried to install Windows on my new desktop. When I put the USB, automatically the system try to syats the boot, but has one message with this code ONLY; Status:...
  7. Error code: 0xc0000098

Error code: 0xc0000098: The operating system couldn't be loaded because the system registry file is missing or contains errors. This is from a cyberpower PC install of Windows 10 Pro, we have tried a clean install. And each time we continue to get this error message. [ATTACH]...
  8. Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!

Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!: i am a PC enthusiast and i have built many PC's from scratch. so recently i built a new pc had everything but a hard drive so instead of waiting for it in the mail i took the old hard drive in my old PC (the only hard drive on it) formatted it (the long way of formatting so...
  9. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098: The laptop of my girlfriend froze when we tried to move a big chunk of pictures from a phone to the laptop. After a restart it didnt load up windows 10 anymore. The laptop only shows the "Boot Menu" and gives the option to pick between two PCI LANs. We tried repairing the...
  10. This PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc0000098

This PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc0000098: Hi, I just bought a brand new SSD drive for my old laptop MSI GE600, replaced it and everything looked fine in BIOS until I booted from my USB drive with Windows 10 on it. I get a message that my PC needs to be repaired with error code 0xc0000098 and information that my...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc0000098 windows 7 driver missing or corrupt

2. tried to fix 0xc0000098 windows 10 now cant even get blue screen