Windows 10: Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!

Discus and support Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP! in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; i am a PC enthusiast and i have built many PC's from scratch. so recently i built a new pc had everything but a hard drive so instead of waiting for it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by EthanLundy, Sep 25, 2018.

1. Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!

i am a PC enthusiast and i have built many PC's from scratch. so recently i built a new pc had everything but a hard drive so instead of waiting for it in the mail i took the old hard drive in my old PC (the only hard drive on it) formatted it (the long way of formatting so that it read zeros across the board) and put it in my new PC, installed windows with a USB flash drive, no problems. but when the new hard drive came in the mail which was identical to the one i had before (western digital blue 1 TB) i put it in the old PC and with the same USB i used to install windows on my new computer i tried to install it again on the old PC and i got this message when trying to boot in order to install windows again.

"

The application or operating system couldn't be loaded because a required file is missing or contains errors.

File: \windows\system32\boot\winload.exe

Error code: 0xc0000098

"

so i reset the bios to optimized defaults, didn't work, reformatted the USB that i was using to install windows, didn't work. i cant figure out what i need to do in order to repair the PC so that i can install windows on this new hard drive for my old PC.

PC specs of the PC that i cannot get to work:

Bios: gigabyte AB350 gaming 3 (bios version is F10)

CPU: ryzen 3 1200

Hard drive: Western digital blue 1 terabyte

the USB i am using to install windows is 8 GB, it is formatted in FAT32

the rest of the specs shouldnt matter.

if you know the answer or any suggestion please help im unsure about what to do at this point

:)

EthanLundy, Sep 25, 2018
  2. H.Modh Win User

Need help to resolve Windows 10 Error Code: 0xc0000098 (your PC/Device needs to repaired)

I recently moved to windows 10 from windows 7. Since I restarted my PC, it stuck to Operating System Not Found.

Then I used bootable USB to repair a laptop.

On the first go, I tried below steps.

• Enabled External Boot Device in boot setting menu
    • Completed language setting
    • Clicked on Repair your computer which is just below Install Now option
    • Opted for Troubleshoot option
    • Went to Advanced options
    • Clicked on Startup Repair
    After all the above steps, it just stuck to a blue page mentioning Error Code: 0xc0000098

Now every time I try to repair a laptop using a bootable USB, it always stuck to this blue page. I have posted a video having this problem .

H.Modh, Sep 25, 2018
  3. Windows 10 0xc0000098 error

Hi,

0xc0000098 is caused by an incomplete or corrupt configuration in the BCD registry hive. To help get the best solution to your concern, we'd like to ask the following questions below:

• Are you experiencing the blue screen error during boot up?
    • Have you done any changes on your computer before the issue started?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    If you're able to boot up your computer, we suggest following the steps on this
    link
    to help resolve blue screen errors.

We'll keep an eye out for your response.

Martin Bar, Sep 25, 2018
  4. maxiu Win User

Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!

This PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc0000098

Hi,
    I just bought a brand new SSD drive for my old laptop MSI GE600, replaced it and everything looked fine in BIOS until I booted from my USB drive with Windows 10 on it. I get a message that my PC needs to be repaired with error code 0xc0000098 and information that my system registry file is missing or contains errors which considering the drive is empty is an accurate description however I would like to perform a clean system installation and not repair. The only options I'm given on the screen is "Try again" which is as useful as it sounds or "F8 for Sartup Settings" both of which just refresh the error message. Honestly this is the first time I've come across such error and I'm not even sure how I'm supposed to get to the installation screen?

maxiu, Sep 25, 2018
Thema:

Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP!

1. Error 0xc0000098 Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. HELP! - Similar Threads - Error 0xc0000098 Device

2. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Your PC/Device needs to be repaired: After getting Windows 10 installed onto a usb flash drive by a friend and plugging it into my HP laptop, I still get the error code instead of it booting to the Windows 10 installation screen. It tells me I’ll need to use recovery tools, although the recovery tool is already...
  3. Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f: so I tried fixing a startup issue and ended up deleting a disk volume which did this. F8 causes my screen to flash black and no other option really does anything. Please help...
  4. Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f

Help! Your PC/Device needs to be repaired error code 0x00000f: so I tried fixing a startup issue and ended up deleting a disk volume which did this. F8 causes my screen to flash black and no other option really does anything. Please help...
  5. "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" Error 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Gaming
    "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" Error 0xc000007b: Any solution for "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" Error 0xc000007b ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pcdevice-needs-to-be-repaired-error/813fcb4a-bd14-4626-8101-3bbf98fb1735
  6. "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" Error 0xc000007b

"Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" Error 0xc000007b: Any solution for "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" Error 0xc000007b ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/your-pcdevice-needs-to-be-repaired-error/813fcb4a-bd14-4626-8101-3bbf98fb1735
  7. "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired" Error 0xc000007b

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  8. PC needs to be repaired - error code 0xc0000098 - can't backup boot

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC needs to be repaired - error code 0xc0000098 - can't backup boot: Hello. My computer ran into some issues and after running the automatic diagnostic software with an ISO Windows installation file on a USB it started displaying the message: "Your PC/Device needs to be repaired. The Boot Configuration Data file doesn't contain valid...
  9. Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired - Error code: 0xc0000098: The laptop of my girlfriend froze when we tried to move a big chunk of pictures from a phone to the laptop. After a restart it didnt load up windows 10 anymore. The laptop only shows the "Boot Menu" and gives the option to pick between two PCI LANs. We tried repairing the...
  10. This PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc0000098

This PC/Device needs to be repaired 0xc0000098: Hi, I just bought a brand new SSD drive for my old laptop MSI GE600, replaced it and everything looked fine in BIOS until I booted from my USB drive with Windows 10 on it. I get a message that my PC needs to be repaired with error code 0xc0000098 and information that my...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error screen c drive could not be repaired please enter admin password

2. Device needs to be repaired-Boot Error Code 0x0000098