Windows 10: error 0xc00000e occurs every now and then

Discus and support error 0xc00000e occurs every now and then in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; in the control panel in security and maintenance it says to restart to fix drive errors but when it turns back on it comes up with error 0xc00000e,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by BobbyReay-Halliday, Sep 8, 2020.

1. error 0xc00000e occurs every now and then

in the control panel in security and maintenance it says to restart to fix drive errors but when it turns back on it comes up with error 0xc00000e, however the f8 and enter key wont do anything. when i turn the pc off and back on it boots as a normal computer would but in the control panel it still says i have drive errors.

this also occurs when i watch youtube for a while on google chrome, it will start to buffer the video and if i do anything it blue screens, restarts and comes up with error 0xc00000e. same situation as before where f8 and enter dont do anything but turning the pc off and on makes it boot normally.

im wondering if theres a fix to this or whether its a hardware issue.

thanks, bobby

:)

BobbyReay-Halliday, Sep 8, 2020
  2. TNJDK Win User

Error code 0xc00000e in Windows 10

And... error 0xc00000e

After the Bios changes, is there any particular step to redo? Or don't it have any influence?

TNJDK, Sep 8, 2020
  3. error code 0xc00000e

I get a message telling me that my PC/Device needs to be repaired. A required device isn't connected or can't be accessed. Error code 0xc00000e. I have upgraded to from Windows 7 to Windows 10 about 3 months ago. How do i repair this problem?

onthecoastfw, Sep 8, 2020
  4. TNJDK Win User

error 0xc00000e occurs every now and then

Error code 0xc00000e in Windows 10

I have a really frustrating problem and need help.

It started monday morning (it's thursday evening now) when booting my computer.

I got the error message:

"MBR Error 1"

After consulting Gigabyte (the maker of my motherboard), I reset CMOS and changed the battery, just to be sure.

It got rid of the "MBR Error 1" message.

But then I got this error:

Recovery

Your PC/Device needs to be repaired

An unexpected error has occured.

Error Code: 0xc00000e

You'll need to use recovery tools. If you......

I followed the instructions from:

PC Needs to be repaired, File: \Windows\system32\winload.exe, Error Code: 0xc000000e

Somehow the drive letters had gotten mixed, as drive C:\ was suddenly another drive. I unplugged all drives from the motherboard, except my primary drive, only containing the most important programs and Windows 10, still got error code 0xc00000e. Reconnected
    my DVD-drive to run the Windows 10 media and tried to repair the installation. It failed.

I retried the bootrec commands and finally it recognized my Windows installation (bootrec /scanos).

But when I tried bootrec /rebuildbcd, I got the following message:

Scanning all discs for Windows Installations.

Please wait, sincde this may take a while...

Succesfully scanned Windows Installations.

Total identified Windows installations: 1

[1] c:\windows

Add installations to boot list? Yes No All - A

The requested system unit was not found (my translation)

The commands "bootrec /fixmbr" and "bootrec /fixboot" are both successfull.

But I still have the 0xc00000e error.

There has been no hardware upgrades, and the only software I believe was a Windows upgrade on sunday or earlier.

Do any have a solution, that doesn't involve a reinstall, as there are files and codes I need.

TNJDK, Sep 8, 2020
Thema:

error 0xc00000e occurs every now and then

1. error 0xc00000e occurs every now and then - Similar Threads - error 0xc00000e occurs

2. Error Code 0xc00000e blue screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code 0xc00000e blue screen: I've tried to follow the steps in different youtube videos where they show you how to enter command prompt and try to repair it from there. But whenever I try to enter command prompt my computer "crashes" and I return to my blue screen with: Error Code 0xc00000e. I can...
  3. Error code 0xc00000e -

Error code 0xc00000e -: HP ENVY x360 Convertible 15m-dr1012dx, Windows 10 Pro, Optane 512 GB Pulled 512GB drive out of laptop, put new 2TB in - configured new windows environment fine, with Bitlocker encryption. Swapped back to the original drive in the laptop, gets Error code 0xc00000e Tried Win...
  4. 0xc00000e

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    0xc00000e: Hello so I was reinstalling windows in my pc and the error 0xc00000e showed up it give me some options but my keyboard suddenly didn't work on the pc I tried it on my laptop and it works so I don't know what the problem is can someone help me submitted by /u/alfredingas...
  5. windows 10 error code 0xc00000e [ CANT BE FIXED ]

windows 10 error code 0xc00000e [ CANT BE FIXED ]: I litterly tried everything to fix error code: 0xc00000e but nothing wont work : I wanted to change my Hardware settings in the registry wich i did and i shouldnt and now i realise what mistake i had made by the name: HwProfileGuid after i changed it i restarted my...
  6. Windows fails to boot with 0xC00000E error on hot boot

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows fails to boot with 0xC00000E error on hot boot: I changed the internal 1st SSD on my laptop, and wipe everything and installed windows 10 on the 2nd HDD drive. Now, it fails to boot almost every time unless, I boot into the UEFI setup menu to choose the Windows Boot Manager entry. I think the 2 drives are switching at...
  7. Error Code 0xc00000e when booting Windows

Error Code 0xc00000e when booting Windows: I am running Windows 10 on a 2017 Dell Inspirion 15 laptop (not exactly sure what model - can't find the serial number). So I was having an issue logging into my computer following an update, but I didn't have the adminstrator password and wasn't able to just uninstall the...
  8. Error Code 0xc00000e - other solutions not working

Error Code 0xc00000e - other solutions not working: I am running Windows 10 on a 2017 Dell Inspirion 15 laptop (not exactly sure what model - can't find the serial number). So I was having an issue logging into my computer following an update, but I didn't have the adminstrator password and wasn't able to just uninstall the...
  9. Windows error 0xc00000e on startup stopping updates.

Windows error 0xc00000e on startup stopping updates.: You are welcome! Glad the simple solution worked *Smile
  10. Random 'command window' popup occurs every now and then

in Windows 10 Support
    Random 'command window' popup occurs every now and then: Hello everyone, Sorry if this has been asked before. Recently there have been random intervals where a 'command window' (not sure if it is THE command window or something that looks like it) pops up and immediately closes. Has anyone else had this occurence? I have...
Tags: