Windows 10: Error 0xc0000142 when I try to open Chrome. A few minutes later the screen turned black and...

Discus and support Error 0xc0000142 when I try to open Chrome. A few minutes later the screen turned black and... in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi, I was on my laptop recently and when I tried to open Chrome an error called Error 0xc0000142 popped up. Within a few minutes my laptop screen... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JohnBeck7435, Dec 28, 2019.

1. Error 0xc0000142 when I try to open Chrome. A few minutes later the screen turned black and...

Hi,

I was on my laptop recently and when I tried to open Chrome an error called Error 0xc0000142 popped up.

Within a few minutes my laptop screen turned completley black but I can tell the laptop is still turned on as its backlight keyboard is still on and devices plugged into it are still on I cannot turn my laptop off and nothing I press registers on it.

Please help!

* Original title: Error 0xc0000142

:)

JohnBeck7435, Dec 28, 2019

2. Black screen error

Hello,

There are several reasons why you are facing a black screen issue. One of these is due to outdated or incorrect device drivers. For us to figure out what's causing this, provide more details by answering the listed questions:

• Can you confirm to us if you are using a laptop or a computer?
    • Have you made any recent changes to your device prior to this happening?
    • What exactly were you doing when the error occurred?
    • Have you tried any troubleshooting steps to resolve this? If yes, specify all of the steps that you have done.

As an initial part of troubleshooting, we suggest following the steps given on this article:

Troubleshoot black screen or blank screen errors
    . This will help you diagnose and rectify most of the known black screen concerns.

We will wait for your response.

Dhavelyn Mer, Dec 28, 2019
  3. zplugger Win User
    Black Screen after Log on

Computer boots to windows log on,have no password here.After a minute on log on it go to a black screen,stays there forever. I can get to Task Manager from black Screen,lost on what to do next. Just want my Windows 10 back, not sure what caused this problem. Any Suggestion on what my next step should be?*Sad

zplugger, Dec 28, 2019
  4. Rose Cal Win User

Error 0xc0000142 when I try to open Chrome. A few minutes later the screen turned black and...

black screen

Hi Bart,

It is possible that you're experiencing black screen due to corrupted system files. To assist you better, we'd like to gather more information:

• Are you getting any error messages?
    • What happen when you tried to login?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

In the meantime, we suggest that you follow the steps in this
    article
    to troubleshoot black screen errors. You can choose which situation you're experiencing the error and perform the instructions.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Dec 28, 2019
Thema:

Error 0xc0000142 when I try to open Chrome. A few minutes later the screen turned black and...

1. Error 0xc0000142 when I try to open Chrome. A few minutes later the screen turned black and... - Similar Threads - Error 0xc0000142 try

2. ometimes later when i try to open regestry editor it causes error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    ometimes later when i try to open regestry editor it causes error: ometimes later when i try to open regestry editor it causes error showin open and close immediately and my wuauserv services is missing and in update window it showingv that something went wrong try to reopen later.how to fix those problems please help me sir...
  3. Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Black Screen for A Few Minutes After Login: First of all, thanks in advanced for your help. I've been having this issue for quite a while and it's still happening. Every time after I log in (password screen), the screen only displays black screen for a few minutes before the background and everything shows up. During...
  4. Black screen after a few minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Black screen after a few minutes: I can boot windows just fine but it always goes black and forces a hard restart with the power button after some minutes. Some times its 2 or sometimes it's 20. Fresh install but problem persists. Any tips would be greatly appreciated. submitted by /u/milofelix [link]...
  5. BSOD when I try to open Chrome

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD when I try to open Chrome: Hi all, Really hoping someone can help me with this as it's driving me nuts! I have been using Google Chrome as my everyday browser on this Iota laptop I've had for almost a year, with no issues. In the last few weeks, I have been getting the occasional Blue Screen Of Death...
  6. CMD.exe Fails to Open Error 0xc0000142

CMD.exe Fails to Open Error 0xc0000142: Hello! I've ran into a massive issue that is slowly crippling my pc. I think it began by running Ccleaner through my applications and registry for the first time in two or three years. Now, whenever I try to run cmd.exe I get error '0xc0000142'. This happens on nearly...
  7. Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Class not registered error when trying to open Chrome: I installed Chome but when I try to open it I get a class not registered error message. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/class-not-registered-error-when-trying-to-open/3d67c131-b3dc-4cc6-8ad5-cfbb2fb7da0e
  8. cmd.exe errors 0xc0000142 ,tried many things

cmd.exe errors 0xc0000142 ,tried many things: hi iam lost atm, my pc works usually fine,i fix probs without issues,but yesterday openvpn acted up, in middle of the day i checked what exactly the issue was, and cmd-admin to see whats going on ,and it errored 0xc0000142 odd then i took some steps to check what it...
  9. 0xc0000142 Error

0xc0000142 Error: Can not open outlook, word or excell. Please assist with a fix. AMB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/0xc0000142-error/c76f6a26-a75f-4c9e-8923-dcd13799f754
  10. Error code 0xc0000142 when trying to open Windows apps

Error code 0xc0000142 when trying to open Windows apps: After the 1803 update, I can no longer open Excel, Word, PowerPoint. I keep getting the above error message. How do I get this cleared so I can work!...
Tags: