Windows 10: Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition

Discus and support Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition in Windows 10 Backup and Restore to solve the problem; Hi, I'm trying to recover a PC which holds important data. the PC can't boot and gives an Errorcode 0XC000014C. referencing to boot the pc can't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Backup and Restore' started by b3nvo, Apr 29, 2019.

1. b3nvo Win User

Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition

Hi,

I'm trying to recover a PC which holds important data.
    the PC can't boot and gives an Errorcode 0XC000014C.
    referencing to boot

the pc can't start anymore, so i made an USB of windows 10.
    using commandprompt in the installer USB i tried:
    bootrec /fixmbr
    bootrec /fixboot -> this gives an access denied error.

so i tried recovering it using BCD, but apparently this only works for EFI.

Are there any other possible ways to get the PC working again other than a reinstallation of windows.
    for example hooking a different HDD to the pc and installing windows on there or any ways of using Windows to go on an USB.

~

:)

b3nvo, Apr 29, 2019

2. Windows 10, Boot error 0xc000014c

I've tried this but get, "the system cannot find the path specified", after inputting each CMD line.

Lord Gabalfa, Apr 29, 2019
  3. clone MBR HD to bootable GPT partition?

Hi,

1. You cannot convert mbr to gpt without data loss. otherwise, you can follow directions here:

FROM WINDOWS RECOVERY CONSOLE:

To change a master boot record disk into a GUID partition table disk using a command line

• Back up or move the data on the basic master boot record (MBR) disk you want to convert into a GUID partition table (GPT) disk.

• Open an elevated command prompt (right-click Command Prompt, and then click Run as Administrator) and type diskpart. If the disk does not contain any partitions or volumes, skip to step 6.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type list disk. Make note of the disk number you want to convert.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type select disk <disknumber>.

• At the DISKPART prompt, type clean.

2. I'd suggest converting your vista drive to a virtual machine, load that up on your windows 10 system and use a program like virtualbox to run it.

CoatH4nger, Apr 29, 2019
  4. DaveM121 Win User

Need to convert Windows 8.1 from UEFI boot to legacy boot

Hi dnsbob

Legacy boot requires MBR Partition Style

Secure boot requires GPT partition Style

DaveM121, Apr 29, 2019
Thema:

1. Error 0XC000014C during boot on MBR legacy partition - Similar Threads - Error 0XC000014C during

2. How to create - or convert - partitions in a Legacy MBR/BIOS setup

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    How to create - or convert - partitions in a Legacy MBR/BIOS setup: I have just upgraded a Lenovo T430 laptop from Win7 Pro to Win10 Pro (version 20H2) with the excellent help of Brink's tutorial. I chose an in-place upgrade as I wanted to retain some of the settings and apps from the Win7 setup (I have no critical personal data on this...
  3. Error code 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error code 0xc000014c: HELP stuck really need help. This error code has appeared today and i cannot get rid of it. Have burnt the iso etc onto a disc however the system won't read the disc. All of this after an update last night...
  4. Novice question on MBR/Legacy installation System Partition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Novice question on MBR/Legacy installation System Partition: Novice question on MBR/Legacy installation System Partition Greetings. Recently did a fresh installation on an ancient MBR/Legacy machine using the latest 1909 ISO. The process created a 579 MB System Partition consisting of two folders, Boot and Recovery, among other...
  5. Error 0xc000014c

Error 0xc000014c: I was attempting to change my HDMI cord and accidentally unplugged my desktop while it was starting up. I got the 0xc000014c error. I downloaded windows 10 media creation on a usb from my windows 8 laptop but it doesn’t do anything when I plug it into my pc. Plus when i try...
  6. 0xc000014C error attempting to read the Boot Configuration Data

in Windows 10 News
    0xc000014C error attempting to read the Boot Configuration Data: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]The error code 0xc000014C which may appear while booting up a computer points towards the Registry of the computer is corrupt as a result of which the system was unable to read the BCD file. This is triggered when the computer [...] This post 0xc000014C...
  7. Windows boot error 0xc000014c, nothing works to fix it.

Windows boot error 0xc000014c, nothing works to fix it.: Hi there. My PC crashed yesterday afternoon. When it restarted, this message popped up; Recovery Your PC/Device needs to be repaired The Boot Configuration Data for your PC is missing or contains errors. File: \Boot\BCD Error code: 0xc000014c You'll need to use...
  8. boot configuration data is missing Error code: 0xc000014c

boot configuration data is missing Error code: 0xc000014c: Hey, my PC isn't booting after a reset. I upgraded my Toshiba Satellite C665 - P5012 PC from win7 to win10 pro edition. Apparently, due to its hardware insufficiency and loads of installed programs my pc was not running well so i performed a reset and the thing is my PC was...
  9. Error Code: 0xc000014c

Error Code: 0xc000014c: Hello, so originally my laptop was experiencing crashes after recent updates until a couple days ago when it failed to boot up and got stuck in the Automatic Repair loop, and none of the repair/restore options worked. So the only thing I could do was type in the Bootrec...
  10. Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c

in Windows 10 Support
    Dell XPS Laptop won't boot, error 0xc000014c: I have a Dell XPS laptop that won't boot all of the sudden. Upon turning on the laptop, it attempts an automatic repair but fails. The first error code it showed all the time was 0xc000014c. It has also shown error code 0xc00000e9. I have tried the following with no...
Tags: