Windows 10: Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

Discus and support Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I keep getting these two errors in an alternating way, is there anything to do without losing data?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by bottomtextboy, May 21, 2022.

1. Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

I keep getting these two errors in an alternating way, is there anything to do without losing data?

:)

bottomtextboy, May 21, 2022
  2. Noela Tum Win User

UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME error

Hi Andre,

The challenge that you're experiencing when you got the error, UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME,
    is due to a damaged file system that failed to mount. It also means that sub-system in the machine failed to mount the boot volume. To isolate the issue, kindly answer the following questions:

• When did you first encounter the issue?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps have you done so far?
    • How did you upgrade the device to Windows 10?

You can also follow the steps that was shared by Michelle Her and
    Billion Debbarma on these threads to troubleshoot the issue:

Hope this helps and let us know if it works.

Noela Tum, May 21, 2022
  3. Rose Cal Win User
    How to fix error unmountable boot volume

Hi James,

It is possible that you received the error UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME due to a damaged file system which failed to mount. This error also means that sub-system on machine failed to mount the boot volume. To efficiently assist you, we'd like
    to gather more information:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • What is the exact error message you received?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

Meanwhile, we suggest that you you follow the steps shared by Michelle Her and
    Billion Debbarma on this threads below to troubleshoot your concern:

Keep us posted if you need additional help.

Rose Cal, May 21, 2022
  4. newtekie1 Win User

Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

Unmountable Boot Volume

Unmountable boot volume usually means a bad hard drive. Booting the XP CD and running chkdsk will sometime bring the computer back to life for a while, but eventually the drive will die.

newtekie1, May 21, 2022
Thema:

Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

1. Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME - Similar Threads - Error 0xc0000185 UNMOUNTABLE

2. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume: Unmountable boot volume https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/0a612465-960b-44be-ad9e-c68d9cb94c12
  3. Unmountable boot volume error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume error: Is there any option to fix the unmountable boot volume code stop problem without losing our data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume-error/274bce51-a530-4515-9425-34e04174cebb
  4. Unmountable boot volume error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Unmountable boot volume error: Is there any option to fix the unmountable boot volume code stop problem without losing our data https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume-error/274bce51-a530-4515-9425-34e04174cebb
  5. Error code: Unmountable Boot volume

Error code: Unmountable Boot volume: I ran an windows defender offline scan.then it shows me to enter my bitlocker recovery key.so i enterd it.Then after restarting blue screen shows and showing error code : Unmountable boot volume please help me with this....
  6. Unmountable boot volume error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume error: Hello can someone please help meI connected an external hard disk to my laptopMy laptop was still onThen my laptop power button didn't turn on anymoreAfter few minutesIt turned onBut the at the booting screenIt kept showing up the BSODStop code is : UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME My...
  7. Unmountable boot volume error

Unmountable boot volume error: Hello can someone please help meI connected an external hard disk to my laptopMy laptop was still onThen my laptop power button didn't turn on anymoreAfter few minutesIt turned onBut the at the booting screenIt kept showing up the BSODStop code is : UNMOUNTABLE_BOOT_VOLUME My...
  8. Unmountable boot volume

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unmountable boot volume: How to overcome this error blue screen appears and restarts again and repeating again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unmountable-boot-volume/10422cf3-e96b-4048-b980-62475e4f4d9f
  9. Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 0xc0000185 and UNMOUNTABLE BOOT VOLUME: I keep getting these two errors in an alternating way, is there anything to do without losing data? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-0xc0000185-and-unmountable-boot-volume/126da381-0805-4ee7-91e2-e4e456d890b0
  10. unmountable boot volume error

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    unmountable boot volume error: Windows 10 on startup displays brief message directing me to *?*/stopcode and error message "unmountable boot volume". Shortly after it displays "Automatic repair preparing" Then nothing....