Windows 10: Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates

Discus and support Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, So i have recently rolled back updates because some stuff didnt work correctly after new windows 10 updates. I made a recovery point before doing... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/sleepermane, Mar 3, 2020.

1. Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates

Hi,

So i have recently rolled back updates because some stuff didnt work correctly after new windows 10 updates.

I made a recovery point before doing this. Now i have this error with no way to go. Will bring my laptop to a shop tomorrow.

I just wanna know if all my files are still recoverable.. there are a lot of projects i was working on and it would suck if those were all gone.

Thanks in advance!

submitted by /u/sleepermane
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/sleepermane, Mar 3, 2020

2. Windows 10 error code 0xc0000242

Screen went blue out of nowhere. It's stuck on the recovery screen.

File: \WINDOWS\System32\drivers\EhStorClass.sys

Error code: 0xc0000242

Please help!

Benjamin Longview, Mar 3, 2020
  3. Vista Automatic Updating Error

Automatic Updates isn't currently running.

DistantDeath, Mar 3, 2020
  4. jbunch07 Win User

Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates

Vista Automatic Updating Error

Resolution Suggestion:

# To resolve this problem, make sure that BITS and the Automatic Updates service are started..

A simple solution but one that works in most circumstances!

1. Click Start, click Run, type services.msc, and then click OK.

2. In the list of services, right-click Automatic Updates, and then click Properties.

3. In the Startup type list, click Automatic, and then click Apply.

4. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

5. Right-click Background Intelligent Transfer Service, and then click Properties.

6. In the Startup type list, click Manual, and then click Apply.

7. If Service status is set to Stopped, click Start, and then click OK.

http://www.updatexp.com/0x80070422.html- source *Smile Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates :) hope that helps.

jbunch07, Mar 3, 2020
Thema:

Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates

1. Error 0xc0000242 after roll back updates - Similar Threads - Error 0xc0000242 roll

2. Error Code: 0xc0000242

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error Code: 0xc0000242: I have a desktop computer, probably 12 years old. I really need to fix this error as soon as possible. I got the error after I cleaned my desk, removed all external devices, like monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. After I finished cleaning, and plugged in all devices back, and...
  3. Error Code: 0xc0000242

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error Code: 0xc0000242: I have a desktop computer, probably 12 years old. I really need to fix this error as soon as possible. I got the error after I cleaned my desk, removed all external devices, like monitor, mouse, keyboard, etc. After I finished cleaning, and plugged in all devices back, and...
  4. Error Code: 0xc0000242

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Windows Update is not working after roll back

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Update is not working after roll back: Hello,I had a pop up to install Windows Update 22H2, which I originally did. However after update was completed, I've noticed that some of the games I play are very laggy. After searching the web, I've found out that this updates causes that for some games and the suggestion...
  6. Windows Update is not working after roll back

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Update is not working after roll back: Hello,I had a pop up to install Windows Update 22H2, which I originally did. However after update was completed, I've noticed that some of the games I play are very laggy. After searching the web, I've found out that this updates causes that for some games and the suggestion...
  7. Rolling back updates manually?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Rolling back updates manually?: I've just had to reset my PC due to a number of issues I suspect were caused by the recent 2004 Update. I want to go back to 1909, but the reset automatically installed 2004, so I have no update history to draw it from. Does anyone know if there is a way to download 1909,...
  8. Update Won't Roll Back

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update Won't Roll Back: Patch Tuesday was 2 days ago. This morning, when I rebooted, something had trashed my desktop, 2 email programs, Word, most of my startups, etc. I assume this was Windows Update but can't be sure. Win is now Version 1903 (Build 18362.1082); was 1903 but I don't know what...
  9. Error 0x0000225 after rolling back update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Error 0x0000225 after rolling back update: Hi, So i have recently rolled back updates because some stuff didnt work correctly after new windows 10 updates. I made a recovery point before doing this. Now i have this error with no way to go. Will bring my laptop to a shop tomorrow. I just wanna know if all my files...
  10. How to update after rolling back

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    How to update after rolling back: So I rolled back the 393 build to the 372 build. Windows is smart enough to not re-update me to 393 when Windows check for updates. There should be a check box or something to allow the update. So now I want to go to 393 again but WU is not seeing it. How do I force it ?...