Windows 10: Error 0xC004C003 Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro failed on Brand New Laptop

Discus and support Error 0xC004C003 Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro failed on Brand New Laptop in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I just received my new ACER laptop with Windows 10 Home. After unpacking the laptop I turned it on and went through the Windows installation and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by EdG42, Aug 19, 2021.

1. EdG42 Win User

Error 0xC004C003 Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro failed on Brand New Laptop

I just received my new ACER laptop with Windows 10 Home. After unpacking the laptop I turned it on and went through the Windows installation and sealing process. I then logged into Windows using my Microsoft account, saw that Windows was activated, applied all available Windows updates, and rebooted to apply all the updates. When Windows came back from the reboot, I logged in again and selected to upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro from the Windows Update screen. I paid for the upgrade with my credit card. Windows then downloaded the update and displayed an Install button on the Wi

:)

EdG42, Aug 19, 2021
  2. beardsbn Win User

Error code: 0xC004C003

hi im getting activation error Error code: 0xC004C003 on my laptop i bought the laptop brand new from argos last year then did windows update and upgraded to windows 8.1 from 8 i have done the upgrade to windows 10 option but im unable to activate Error code: 0xC004C003 windows when i click go to store it wants me to pay £99 can anyone help

beardsbn, Aug 19, 2021
  3. noahvt Win User
    Can't activate Windows 10 pro on brand new laptop

Hi!

I just got a brand new laptop and erased the stock windows 10 home from it to replace it with a clean windows 10 pro install, This all went fine, I deactived windows 10 pro on my OLD laptop by using slmgr /upk and the key was removed from the machine.

When I try to activate the key on my brand NEW laptop(The edition has already been upgraded to windows 10 pro) I get this error: "0XC004C003 The product key used on this pc didn't work with this edition of windows" and I cannot activate it despite this being
    a valid windows 10 pro key... When I restart my laptop it will say "Couldn't reach windows activation servers" and pressing the activate button does absolutely nothing.

What I always used to do is start a live chat with microsoft if this happend and they were able to fix my issue within 2 minutes by using SLUI however, when I try to access the chat link now, it says "This chat link has been discontinued" and I cannot use
    it anymore.

Can anyone help me with this?

noahvt, Aug 19, 2021
  4. Nordic Win User

Error 0xC004C003 Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro failed on Brand New Laptop

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Aug 19, 2021
Thema:

1. Error 0xC004C003 Upgrading from Windows 10 Home to Windows Pro failed on Brand New Laptop - Similar Threads - Error 0xC004C003 Upgrading

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro Activation Error 0xC004C003

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Activation Error 0xC004C003: I purchased a retail Windows 10 Pro licence to upgrade my PC from Windows 10 Home v. 22H2 OS Build 19045.2130 to the Pro version and entered the license code in Settings>Activation.This produces the following message :"We can't activate Windows on this device because you...
  3. Windows 10 Home to Pro Activation Error 0xC004C003

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Activation Error 0xC004C003: I purchased a retail Windows 10 Pro licence to upgrade my PC from Windows 10 Home v. 22H2 OS Build 19045.2130 to the Pro version and entered the license code in Settings>Activation.This produces the following message :"We can't activate Windows on this device because you...
  4. Windows 10 Home to Pro Activation Error 0xC004C003

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  5. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro failed error 0x80070490

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro failed error 0x80070490: I selected Settings/Update and Security/Activation/Go to Store and Buy. I approved payment. Then selected install. But after several minutes got message "Windows upgrade failed error code 0x80070490". Problem may be that I might not have been logged into my Microsoft account...
  6. Windows 10 pro upgrade error 0xc004c003.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro upgrade error 0xc004c003.: Hi, I tried upgrading my windows 10 Home to Windows 10 pro, however, I clicked the buy button instead of the upgrade button. A non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise got installed for me instead of Windows pro and this deactivated windows on my laptop. I get an error code...
  7. Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Failed Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: My current laptop Lenovo Thinkpad T490 came with Windows 10 Home installed. I went to the Microsoft Store to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. I purchased the upgrade and installed it at which point the computer gave error code 0x80070005. I restarted and said "Applying updates"....
  8. Get an error 0xC004C003 when I upgrade from win 10 Home to pro

Get an error 0xC004C003 when I upgrade from win 10 Home to pro: Hi Everyone, I upgraded to win 10 pro by purchased from Microsoft Store, but I got an error 0xC003C004 after that. I tried so many time to do the troubleshooting but it didn't work. Is there any way to activated by using the Installation ID or anything? Thank you....
  9. Error 0xC004C003 will not install Windows 10 pro upgrade

Error 0xC004C003 will not install Windows 10 pro upgrade: I am at a loss. I have a surface book 3. I purchased the upgrade through the store. I was expecting it to ask me where to save the install. Instead it just said it couldn't install. It then restarted itself and now it has Windows 10 Enterprise, not the Home it came with...
  10. Activation Error 0xC004C003 - Windows 10 home to pro

Activation Error 0xC004C003 - Windows 10 home to pro: Hello, someone please help! I bought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro and I CANNOT get it to activate, please see the error code above. Troubleshooter does nothing but tell me to contact my admin ME. I bought this from the Microsoft store, I have done a full reset of my...