Windows 10: Error 0xC004C003 will not install Windows 10 pro upgrade

Discus and support Error 0xC004C003 will not install Windows 10 pro upgrade in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I am at a loss. I have a surface book 3. I purchased the upgrade through the store. I was expecting it to ask me where to save the install. Instead... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by A. Amiel, Oct 25, 2020.

1. A. Amiel Win User

Error 0xC004C003 will not install Windows 10 pro upgrade

I am at a loss. I have a surface book 3. I purchased the upgrade through the store. I was expecting it to ask me where to save the install. Instead it just said it couldn't install. It then restarted itself and now it has Windows 10 Enterprise, not the Home it came with and the enterprise isn't even activated. It will not reinstall the original Home version and now I can't even log in to tech support because microsoft doesn't recognize my computer as being legitimate. I'm ready to throw it out the window. I have a receipt that I purchased the upgrade, but I have no product key I have nothing. HELP!!!!

:)

A. Amiel, Oct 25, 2020

2. Error Code 0xC004C003 After Clean Installation Windows 10 PRO

Thank you very much MR. Swathi Ravichandran, for the information you provided to me. It's very clear and clean the confusing and different circumstances I receive it from different Microsoft technical support calls, in the last view days.

you should know that I did different way to install Windows 10 Pro in my computer five years old [HP Laptop_ ]Which was running under Windows 7 then Upgraded to Windows 8.1 Pro. [Current version]

these are the steps I Experience During Windows 10 pro Installing in my computer Laptop in the last two month

1-Filled to upgrade from windows update since August 2015. [Manufacture HDD]

2-errors code 0xC004C003 received on upgrade Windows 8.1 to windows 10 Pro [installed from DVD [ESD-ISO] ]after Downloads from Microsoft. [Manufacture HDD].

3-Same errors code 0xC004C003 [Installed from DVD [ESD-ISO]] on clean installation of windows 10 pro on previous version Windows 8.1 Pro [Manufacture HDD]. ask for product key to activate Windows.

4-Last Experience is to Install windows 10 pro in new HDD as [Clean Installation} the same errors code 0xC004C003. [Two days ago] ask for product key to activate Windows.

the last things for me to do is to install windows 8.1 Pro in the new HDD then upgrade it to Windows 10 Pro.

then I follow the link you provided

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

the information you provided it's very helpful. Thank you again.

Tiger Ally, Oct 25, 2020
  3. upgraded to windows 10 and 0xC004C003 error

Hi,

You may try these steps and check if it helps.

• Push the Start button
    • Type Settings
    • Navigate to Update and Security
    • Click on Activation
    Due to high demand for Windows 10 globally, few of us may experience a temporary delay in activation. For Activation Error 0xC004C003; request you to wait for 24 hours and Windows 10 should activate automatically without any issue on your machine

Appreciate your patience in this regard.

Vidyaranjan A V, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Nikhar_K Win User

Error: 0XC004C003 while activating Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

As per the error code 0xC004C003, it seems that you have entered an invalid product key. Please reply with the following details to assist with the appropriate troubleshooting steps:

• Have you recently changed any hardware in the computer?
    • Which version of Windows is installed on the computer currently?
    • Have you upgraded the computer to Windows 10 earlier?

I suggest you to refer the troubleshooting steps mentioned in the article

Activate Windows 10
    to activate Windows 10. You can also use the

Activation Troubleshooter
    to activate Windows.

For more information, I would also suggest you to refer the article to
    Get help with Windows activation errors
    , which contains the information on the error code 0xC004C003 that you are receiving.

If the issue persists, you can get in touch with our Live Technical support team by calling them. Please refer the article

Global Customer Service phone numbers
    to get the Customer support number as per your country.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Oct 25, 2020
Thema:

1. Error 0xC004C003 will not install Windows 10 pro upgrade - Similar Threads - Error 0xC004C003 install

2. Windows 10 Home to Pro Activation Error 0xC004C003

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home to Pro Activation Error 0xC004C003: I purchased a retail Windows 10 Pro licence to upgrade my PC from Windows 10 Home v. 22H2 OS Build 19045.2130 to the Pro version and entered the license code in Settings>Activation.This produces the following message :"We can't activate Windows on this device because you...
  3. Windows 10 pro upgrade error 0xc004c003.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 pro upgrade error 0xc004c003.: Hi, I tried upgrading my windows 10 Home to Windows 10 pro, however, I clicked the buy button instead of the upgrade button. A non-genuine Windows 10 Enterprise got installed for me instead of Windows pro and this deactivated windows on my laptop. I get an error code...
  4. Windows 10 Pro Activation Error Code 0xC004C003

Windows 10 Pro Activation Error Code 0xC004C003: In 2017, I bought PC components, Windows 10 Pro and Office 2016 download versions from NewEgg. I recently built the PC and installed the Windows 10 Pro. No problems until after Windows and updates were installed. Activation Error Code 0xC004C003 was reported. Activation...
  5. Get an error 0xC004C003 when I upgrade from win 10 Home to pro

Get an error 0xC004C003 when I upgrade from win 10 Home to pro: Hi Everyone, I upgraded to win 10 pro by purchased from Microsoft Store, but I got an error 0xC003C004 after that. I tried so many time to do the troubleshooting but it didn't work. Is there any way to activated by using the Installation ID or anything? Thank you....
  6. Windows 10 pro activation error 0xC004C003

Windows 10 pro activation error 0xC004C003: I bought my new laptop with Windows 10 Home this September. I bought an upgrade to Windows 10 pro on Microsoft Store and after installing new component I found that Windows are not activated with the error code 0xC004C003. Using troubleshoot was not helping, saying we can't...
  7. Activation Error 0xC004C003 - Windows 10 home to pro

Activation Error 0xC004C003 - Windows 10 home to pro: Hello, someone please help! I bought an upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro and I CANNOT get it to activate, please see the error code above. Troubleshooter does nothing but tell me to contact my admin ME. I bought this from the Microsoft store, I have done a full reset of my...
  8. Windows 10 activation error 0xC004C003

Windows 10 activation error 0xC004C003: Hi, I bought a retail key for windows 10 and installed on a new laptop. After 2 days the laptop broke down and returned it. Now I have another device received from supplier and try to install the Windows 10 again but get this error on Activation when using the same key. I...
  9. Activate windows 10 Pro with 0xc004c003 error code

Activate windows 10 Pro with 0xc004c003 error code: [ATTACH] Any one can help me that I solve this problem. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/activate-windows-10-pro-with-0xc004c003-error-code/7c1a3fa5-f46a-43a6-a173-4309bf554d97"
  10. windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C003 after clean install

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C003 after clean install: hello after upgrading to 10 from 8.1 *not a clean install* windows performance was quite bad i downloaded windows 10 iso from microsoft website then installed home edition as i was told here it won't ask me for a key and if yes i would be able to skip it and it will...
Tags: