Windows 10: Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change

Discus and support Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; At the start of the new year I upgraded my PC. At that time I had to deal with other activation issues, eventually solved by Microsoft support services... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Siggy7085, Jan 13, 2020.

1. Siggy7085 Win User

Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change

At the start of the new year I upgraded my PC. At that time I had to deal with other activation issues, eventually solved by Microsoft support services generating a new product key for me. I thought that would solve things for good, and after my new motherboard suddenly required replacement again I assumed the key I now had in addition to activation tied to my MS account would let me activate Win10 with no issues. I was very wrong, and I am veryVERY frustrated.

Here's some screenshots of the troubleshooting process:

Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change e08597ec-214a-42ef-ad78-5ec48a21b5d1?upload=true.png

Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change 9e7aa2fb-9990-4595-876b-ae9d2c889c42?upload=true.png

Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change dac9b624-298a-41bc-8dda-8b84b1f4597b?upload=true.png

Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change c4eb4084-b5a5-4983-aa46-b8a92964e146?upload=true.png

As you can see, I DO have a product key, and my previous computerIS listed in the troubleshooter, except the process just doesn't work.

So yeah, I'm annoyed. I don't want to have to spend an hour on the phone and let some stranger connect to my PC remotely again. Getting solutions to these issues is like pulling teeth, I can't stand how convoluted it all is, and the condescending "...purchasing a genuine copy of Windows." is extremely insulting when this issue shouldn't even be happening.

***Original title: Win10 Activation Failure After Hardware Change***

:)

Siggy7085, Jan 13, 2020

2. Can't Activate Windows 10 0xC004C008

Hi Francisco,

The error0xC004C008 usually occurs when the system detects that a hardware has been replaced or you've already used the product key on another device. To help you resolve the error message you're currently experiencing,
    I'd recommend that you follow the steps on this link
    on how to reactivate Windows 10 after a hardware change. It contains steps on how you'll be able to activate Windows 10 on your new machine.

If the issue persists after following the steps in the article, I'd suggest that you contact
    Microsoft customer support to help you further diagnose the issue.

Let me know should you have any other concerns.

Kristoffer Abs, Jan 13, 2020
  3. Trying to activate Window's 10 Pro and receiving error 0xc004c008

Hello Marvin,

I suggest that your perform phone activation and see if this will help you in resolving the error. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Press Windows Key + X.
    • Click Run.
    • Type slui.exe 4, and the press the Enter key.
    • Select your Country from the list.
    • Choose the Phone Activation option.
    • Stay on the phone and wait for a person to help you with activation.
    • Explain your problem clearly to the support person.

Inform us if there were significant changes.

Antoneth Ber, Jan 13, 2020
  4. Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change

Windows 10 wont "Activate" after hardware upgrade

Hi, fcp4life,

Follow the steps listed in this Support Doc.

Reactivating Windows 10 after a hardware change

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/20530/...

If you made a significant hardware change to your device (such as replacing the motherboard), Windows 10 might no longer be activated and you might see the activation error codes 0x803f7001 or 0xC004C008.

If your Original Hardware Manufacturer (OEM) changed the motherboard for you, your PC should reactivate automatically or you should be provided with a replacement product key. If you see the Activation error “Unable to reach Windows activation servers,” then
    follow the steps in this additional help article.

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/12440/...

Smittychat., Jan 13, 2020
Thema:

Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change

1. Error: 0xC004C008 when trying to activate Windows after hardware change - Similar Threads - Error 0xC004C008 trying

2. Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation: i recently changed my motherboard but windows will not activate , ive tried the troubleshoot button but that doesn't work , I've also tried activate by phone however the call doesnt go through so i have not been able to use it , can anyone help me ?...
  3. Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error code 0xC004C008 Windows Activation: i recently changed my motherboard but windows will not activate , ive tried the troubleshoot button but that doesn't work , I've also tried activate by phone however the call doesnt go through so i have not been able to use it , can anyone help me ?...
  4. Activation error after Hardware change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation error after Hardware change: Hello, I have had a Windows 10 pro for several years c a genuine product key. Now, after I needed to upgrade my system, I changed Motherboard and CPU and added an extra SSD hard for increasing windows drive. Before doing it, I read all of the instructions and recommendation...
  5. Activation after hardware change error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Activation after hardware change error: I haven't been able to activate my Windows for a week now. I've had a hardware change recently, and when I select my device, and say I'm currently using it, I'm always greeted with the "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." How can I fix this? I want...
  6. Error 0x803fa067 when trying to activate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change

Error 0x803fa067 when trying to activate Windows 10 Pro after a hardware change: I have recently upgraded my system due to a faulty motherboard and DIMMs - I reinstalled Windows 10 Pro and to my dismay I can't activate it anymore, eventually getting error 0x803fa067. When I try to update my product key after fumbling with the "my hardware has recently...
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008

Cannot activate Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004C008: I recently built a Pc and got a defective motherboard, everything was fine until my motherboard started BSOD, so I decided to sent it back and ask for a refund since I could't access anything including the BIOS, I could not deactivate my Windows 10 Product Key. I got a new...
  8. Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008

Windows 10 Pro activation error 0xc004c008: Hello! I have a product key of windows 10 pro. Currently, I have procured a upgraded desktop device and now I want to reinstall my windows 10 pro with activation in the new device, but error code 0xc004c008 is popping up. What can be the probable solution for this?...
  9. Windows activation 0xC004C008

Windows activation 0xC004C008: Hello , i recently update my pc parts (mobo,cpu,ram) and formated my ssd and put windows 10 again to an m.2 nvme and kept the first ssd as a storage one. Once i set windows and log with my microsoft acc as administrator i could see my pc avitvated in the acc but windows were...
  10. Windows 10 No longer Activated Error Code 0xC004C008

Windows 10 No longer Activated Error Code 0xC004C008: The most recent update to Windows 10 has caused my windows to say it is no longer activated. I activated it with my product key when i got my new computer, which was about a couple of months ago. From this time it has been activated with no problems, however after...