Windows 10: Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement

Discus and support Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have a digital license, and was unable to extract a product key because the reason I replaced my motherboard/CPU is due to the original one dying... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Scott890637, Jul 28, 2019.

1. Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement

I have a digital license, and was unable to extract a product key because the reason I replaced my motherboard/CPU is due to the original one dying unexpectedly. When using the troubleshooter I click the link for "I changed hardware on this device recently. I pick the same desktop that this is and click "This is the device I'm using right now" but when I click activate it just says "We can't reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later." The Learn more link where it lists various error codes doesn't include this one. If I log into my Microsoft account I can still see "this" computer (though it still lists the CPU I had before replacing it) on my devices list. How do I get this computer to be reassociated with my Windows license?

:)

Scott890637, Jul 28, 2019

2. Windows activation error

Hi Brandon,

Before replacing the Mother Board if Windows 10 was activated, then you can refer the steps/link below for activating Windows 10.

The only hardware changes that can negatively impact activation status once you upgrade to free version are the changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    The following changes are examples of hardware changes that will NOT impact the activation status:

• HDD/SSD
    • Video card
    • Adding extra memory
    If you replace the CPU, TPM, or Motherboard you may have to re-activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/why-activate-windows-10

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, Jul 28, 2019
  3. K_Kang Win User
    Windows activation fails after upgrading CPU and motherboard

Hello,

I get an error message trying to re-confirm Windows 10 activation after upgrading motherboard and CPU. Error message that came was: "Unable to activate Windows. We can't reactivate Windows as our servers aren't available right now. Wait for a few minutes
    or try adding your Microsoft account again. Learn more".

This is now the second day in a row that it does not work.

Have you seen the same, and if yes, any suggestions for a fix?

Background:

-I was following the process recommended by Microsoft Support for the activation after motherboard and CPU upgrade.

-Before upgrade I had perfectly activated win 10.

BR,

K_Kang, Jul 28, 2019
  4. Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement

Password incorrect after replacing motherboard.

Hi,

Thank you for being part of Windows 10 family.

Sorry to know that you are facing issues with Windows 10.

There is some confusion about hardware changes on a Computer that will impact their free upgrade activation status. To clarify, the ONLY hardware changes that can negatively impact a customer’s activation status once they have upgrade are changes to the:

• CPU
    • TPM
    • Motherboard replacement
    If you replaces the Motherboard they may have to re activate but this will not require a purchase of Windows 10.

You can try to perform a clean install.

I would suggest you to create a ISO file from the below Microsoft Help Article and try to reinstall Windows 10.

Download Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us for further assistance and we will be glad to help.

Nyima Yonten, Jul 28, 2019
Thema:

Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement

1. Error 0xc004f025 when re-activating Windows after motherboard/CPU replacement - Similar Threads - Error 0xc004f025 activating

2. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard: I recently needed to replace my failing CPU, and in doing so upgraded, therefore I put in an upgraded motherboard as well. This caused an activation issue with Windows, where it now thinks the key isn't valid because it is used on another device. Additionally, when I try to...
  3. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard: I recently needed to replace my failing CPU, and in doing so upgraded, therefore I put in an upgraded motherboard as well. This caused an activation issue with Windows, where it now thinks the key isn't valid because it is used on another device. Additionally, when I try to...
  4. Windows activation issues after replacing CPU/Motherboard

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.

No activation after motherboard &CPU replacement.: Split from this thread.This PC is running an activated Windows 10. I have replaced the motherboard & CPU NOT the hard disk with the activated software and system now tells me it needs activating - and no error code is produced by the system. The inability to communicate...
  6. Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.

Windows 10 re-activation after motherboard replacement.: My ASUS ROG GU502G laptop recently had its motherboard replaced. Upon wiping it and setting it up for another user, I am unable to re-activate Windows 10 due to the old product key being used on the motherboard that was replaced. Is there any way to re-activate windows...
  7. Activation error code 0xC004F025 after change of motherboard

Activation error code 0xC004F025 after change of motherboard: I have windows 10 version 1803 with digital licence through free upgrade from win 7 I replaced a broken motherboard with an identical new model can't activate - error code 0xC004F025 went step by step through activation/troubleshoot - after a few trys [server not...
  8. Re-activating Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004F025

Re-activating Windows 10 Error code: 0xC004F025: I upgraded my motherboard and CPU, and now apparently my Windows 10 is no longer "active". I had Windows 7 on the PC originally, did a free upgrade to Windows 10 way back. I don't know what my original Windows 7 product key was, and it only shows the last 5 digits of my...
  9. Upgraded Motherboard, now getting error 0xC004F025 when trying to activate

Upgraded Motherboard, now getting error 0xC004F025 when trying to activate: I do not have a key, but a digital license. I went through the troubleshooter and it just fails with no stated reason. I've been on the phone talking to the activation team who refused to help, and have been trying to get SOMEBODY to help without immediately telling me to...
  10. windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade

windows activation error 0xC004F025 after motherboard upgrade: I've had this digital license of windows for about 7 years, upgrading from W7 to W10 from the free upgrade month, as the license came with the tower when I purchased it (hence why it's a retail channel). As this tower was down for almost a year it had to preform several...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xc004f025 replace motherboard

2. error 0xc004f025

3. windows activation error 0xc004f025 after motherboard replacement

4. 0xc004f025 after replaced mainboard,
  5. 0xc004f213 after mainboard replacement,
  6. cant activate windows on this device right now. error code: 0xc004f025,
  7. 0xc004f025 activation,
  8. we cant activate windows on this device right now. error code 0xc004f025