Windows 10: Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used

Discus and support Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH]Volume Licensing Activation Error Code 0xC004F042 shows up when the KMS host cannot activate the […] This article Error 0xC004F042, Specified... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Jan 30, 2021.

1. WinClub New Member

Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used

WinClub, Jan 30, 2021
  2. Curious Win User

Many service control Manager serious errors

My windows 10 home 1803 has been sluggish in responding lately and the event viewer shows several red exclamation errors. The source of almost all is the "service control Manager",
    • The Downloaded Maps Manager service hung on starting.
    • The Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
      A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service to connect. (I checked in services.msc and it is set to "manual" start)
    • The Windows Presentation Foundation Font Cache 3.0.0.0 service failed to start due to the following error:
      The service did not respond to the start or control request in a timely fashion.
    • The NetTcpActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
      The system cannot find the file specified.
    • The NetMsmqActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
    • The NetPipeActivator service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:
    • The W3SVC service depends on the WAS service which failed to start because of the following error:

and
    • From "DistributedCOM":
      The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
      {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
      and APPID
      {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}
      to the user NT AUTHORITY\LOCAL SERVICE SID (S-1-5-19) from address LocalHost (Using LRPC) running in the application container Unavailable SID (Unavailable). This security permission can be modified using the Component Services administrative tool.

How do I fix this mess?
      Thank you

Curious, Jan 30, 2021
  3. Eagle51 Win User
    Many service control Manager serious errors

IIRC ... those have to do IIS (Internet Information Service) i.e. windows web server. Check Control Panel > Programs & Features > Turn Windows Features On/Off and see if any of the IIS stuff is checked and if you don't want/need IIS then uncheck them to uninstall. It should ask you to reboot and if not reboot any way.

Eagle51, Jan 30, 2021
  4. Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used

Why W10 Build 17741 rs5 upgrade to W10 17763 , office KMS was gone??

thank you for your reply.

but you see

in this 2 web-pages (microsoft official site) , it's say

Activate using Key Management Service (Windows 10) - Windows Deployment
    There are three possible scenarios for volume activation of Windows 10 or Windows Server 2012 R2 by using a Key Management Service (KMS) host:

• Host KMS on a computer running Windows 10
    • Host KMS on a computer running Windows Server 2012 R2
    • Host KMS on a computer running an earlier version of Windows
    Configure a KMS host computer to activate volume licensed versions of Office - Deploy Office

• Office 2019: At least Windows Server 2012 or at least Windows 8.1 (volume editions)
    • Office 2016: At least Windows Server 2008 R2 or at least Windows 7 Service Pack 1 (volume editions)

So , I think it's acceptable? (I'm not sure, but it looks like, and I have KMS Host & Guest licence key)

Did I miss something?

✨STAR✨, Jan 30, 2021
Thema:

Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used

1. Error 0xC004F042, Specified Key Management Service (KMS) cannot be used - Similar Threads - Error 0xC004F042 Specified

2. Key not valid for use in specified state

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Key not valid for use in specified state: I have a command line program and for the last 2 weeks when I try and use it I get "Key not valid for use in specified state". I have looked this up and it seems to be tied to encryption of passwords not the program in Windows? Many other forums have said to delete the folder...
  3. Key not valid for use in specified state

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Key not valid for use in specified state: I have a command line program and for the last 2 weeks when I try and use it I get "Key not valid for use in specified state". I have looked this up and it seems to be tied to encryption of passwords not the program in Windows? Many other forums have said to delete the folder...
  4. so i accidently use a kms product key

so i accidently use a kms product key: basicaly what happend i tried those free windows 10 pro product keys and i used it after that i try to put a new key in it shows you need to connect to your orgnizations activation service which is wierd because this is my personal laptop i tried to reset it as it came to the...
  5. Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...: We want to purchase Volume License for Windows 10 for our company and activate thru KMS method but one of my friends told me that now a days Windows 10 activiation thru KMS is not supported. Is this true? If not then how to purchase volume license & activate thru KMS.Thank...
  6. Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...

Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...: We want to purchase Volume License for Windows 10 for our company and activate thru KMS method but one of my friends told me that now a days Windows 10 activiation thru KMS is not supported. Is this true? If not then how to purchase volume license & activate thru KMS.Thank...
  7. Windows 10 activiation thru Key Management Services KMS method Microsoft Generic Volume...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
  8. The specified network location cannot be used

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    The specified network location cannot be used: Hi,I'm trying to backup my windows 10 laptop to my Synology NAS but when I try to use the old windows 7 backup I get the error message:The specified network location cannot be usedI know the path and credentials are correct as I've also set up the new windows 10 backup file...
  9. Activation Error 0xC004F074 - KMS Key Installed

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Activation Error 0xC004F074 - KMS Key Installed: I have an 2nd hand HP computer with Windows 10 Pro preinstalled, it does not activate with 0xC004F074 (not the same code with "licensing status reason" below) code. The installed key is Windows 10 Pro KMS key. There is no COA sticker or Windows sticker on the computer. A few...
  10. Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038

in Windows 10 News
    Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038: [ATTACH]Key Management Service or KMS is a part of Volume Licensing for Windows Activation. […] This article Count reported by Key Management Service (KMS) is insufficient, Error 0xC004F038 first appeared on TheWindowsClub.com. read more...