Windows 10: Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU

Discus and support Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Yesterday I switched from Intel to AMD. Since then I have been trying to get Windows to activate on the new platform but without success. I read all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MilanTodorovic, Oct 3, 2019.

1. Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU

Yesterday I switched from Intel to AMD. Since then I have been trying to get Windows to activate on the new platform but without success. I read all the links and suggestions people had, but nothing helped. The error code I was getting was 0xC004F211. I unregistered the key from the SSD in hope getting it to activate that way.

After going through the Troubleshooter, selecting "I changed hardware on this device recently" and selecting the current PC I get the following message "Unable to activate Windows We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

I reinstalled the whole system.

Once before I changed my PC completely and reactivated the licence without any problems using my Hotmail account. What can I do now? The key I am trying to use was for Windows 8 (since I upgraded to 10).

One thing I noted is that when I try to enter my key, the message below states that the last product key I entered can't be used for this Windows copy. The ID that is inside the brackets doesn't match the one I had before.

Any help is appreciated!

***Modified title from: Failed Reactivation after switching Motherboard and CPU ***

:)

MilanTodorovic, Oct 3, 2019
  2. EdgarMa Win User

Windows Activation error 0xC004F211

I upgraded my PC by switching the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. My previous build was connected to my Microsoft account. after attempting to activate windows on my new machine i keep getting error 0xC004F211. I attempted to contact Microsoft support but apparently
    they won't be able to help until tomorrow. On my Microsoft account there are two different devices that are named the same one of them is my old build and the other is the new build, however i have the activate windows watermark in the bottom left hand corner.
    how can I solve this?

EdgarMa, Oct 3, 2019
  3. gazmoore Win User
    Motherboard and cpu change, activation error code 0XC004B100

Hi i have just upgraded my motherboard and cpu and now windows says im not activated, error code is 0xc004b100, i have gone throught the troubleshoot section and it just say cant activate at this time, how can i get this sorted, it was fine until i changed
    the hardware.

thanks

gazmoore, Oct 3, 2019
  4. PinChung Win User

Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU

Unable to activate Windows after motherboard, CPU and graphic card change

My old motherboard died after a BIOS update. I had to get a new motherboard and CPU.

At the same time, I got a new graphic card.

after setting everything up, Windows 10 asked me to activate windows.

I tried the Windows activate troubleshoot after hardware change, and saw a list of the computers I have. I select the one that was running the current Windows, but it gave me an error message saying

"We can’t reactivate Windows on this device. Try again later."

Please help.

Pin

PinChung, Oct 3, 2019
Thema:

Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU

1. Error: 0xC004F211 while activating Windows after changing Motherboard and CPU - Similar Threads - Error 0xC004F211 while

2. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  3. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  4. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211: I have upgraded my mobo to the new AM5 platform. This also means new processor and memory. After this my windows 11 pro license did not want to activate with error code 0xC004F211. The troubleshooter did not yield a result and told me to get in touch with microsoft for...
  6. After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    After upgrading motherboard cannot activate, error code 0xC004F211: I have upgraded my mobo to the new AM5 platform. This also means new processor and memory. After this my windows 11 pro license did not want to activate with error code 0xC004F211. The troubleshooter did not yield a result and told me to get in touch with microsoft for...
  7. Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional 0xC004F211 after motherboard change

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Cannot activate Windows 10 Professional 0xC004F211 after motherboard change: Hello,I changed my motherboard in my PC last night, all other pieces of hardware remain the same, and am now getting the above error code in Windows Activation. I bought my license from the Microsoft Store, IE Digital license which is retail?, I do not have a license key I...
  8. Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change

Win10 Home Activation Error 0xC004F211 after Motherboard Change: Replacing my old Intel motherboard with new MSI and AMD CPU. On this old system I confirmed that have a Digital Licence before starting motherboard/CPU replacement. Activation Troubleshooting Prompt from MS does not solve issue. The history of my licence is that it was a...
  9. Can't activate windows 10 after a CPU/motherboard upgrade Error Code 0xc004f211 (I am NOT...

Can't activate windows 10 after a CPU/motherboard upgrade Error Code 0xc004f211 (I am NOT...: As the title says I upgrade my CPU and Motherboard because the mobo died and now it says that windows can't activate and I get the error code 0xc004f211. I am simply not purchasing a second windows activation key as a solution....
  10. Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu

Windows not activated after changing motherboard and cpu: I recently changed the hardware on my pc and window 10 is telling me i need to activate windows, even though i am logged into my microsoft account with windows 10 tied to it. when i go through the trouble shooter and i click the "changed hardware" prompt it asks me to select...
Tags:

Users found this page by searching for:

1. windows error code 0xc004f2111

2. 0xc004f2111