Windows 10: error 0xc004f211

Discus and support error 0xc004f211 in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; i recently rebuild my PC with a new MOBO and CPU and get the error code 0xc004f211.the troubleshooter does not help... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by nekroz of ken, May 4, 2022.

1. error 0xc004f211

i recently rebuild my PC with a new MOBO and CPU and get the error code 0xc004f211.the troubleshooter does not help

:)

nekroz of ken, May 4, 2022
  2. Raniel V. Win User

Windows 10 Activation error 0xC004F211

Good day! I'm Raniel, an Independent Advisor and a Microsoft user like you.

I suggest that you run through the steps provided by Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20 and Sumit on this thread with a similar issue that you're experiencing:

https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/for...

I hope this helps.

Raniel V., May 4, 2022
  3. bdanmo Win User
    UnattendedJoin error: failed to find the domain data (0x6e)

Thanks for the suggestion! I don't want to add a domain account, as this is a generic unattended install that will be used for all company machines. Do you think it's possible that the computer would join the domain if, instead of using UnattendedJoin in specialize, I used your steps but left out the specific account?

The other thing I was thinking was to use a generic account to allow the domain join during the specialize step. I added a machine password in the UnattendedJoin component, and instead of getting the error listed above, I got an authentication error, which makes me think I could probably do a secure join instead of the unsecure join.

Thoughts?

bdanmo, May 4, 2022
  4. EdgarMa Win User

error 0xc004f211

Windows Activation error 0xC004F211

I upgraded my PC by switching the Motherboard, CPU, and RAM. My previous build was connected to my Microsoft account. after attempting to activate windows on my new machine i keep getting error 0xC004F211. I attempted to contact Microsoft support but apparently
    they won't be able to help until tomorrow. On my Microsoft account there are two different devices that are named the same one of them is my old build and the other is the new build, however i have the activate windows watermark in the bottom left hand corner.
    how can I solve this?

EdgarMa, May 4, 2022
Thema:

error 0xc004f211

1. error 0xc004f211 - Similar Threads - error 0xc004f211

2. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  3. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...: Hi so I had to change motherboards on my PC and now my windows won't activate. I didn't have the product key so pulled it from the registry however this also doesn't work. I requested a callback 2 days ago and still nothing. I use this PC for work and it's critical that I can...
  4. Windows Won't Activate After Motherboard Change - Error Code 0xC004F211 - Troubleshoot not...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211 after...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211 after...: Hi I am getting the dreaded "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211" error after updating the BIOS on a Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX motherboard.I have tried various possible fixes such as those discussed in this...
  6. Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211 after...

Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211 after...: Hi I am getting the dreaded "Windows reported that the hardware of your device has changed. Error code: 0xC004F211" error after updating the BIOS on a Gigabyte Z790 Aorus Elite AX motherboard.I have tried various possible fixes such as those discussed in this...
  7. Should be simple "call support because troubleshooting isn't solving error 0xC004F211", but...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Should be simple "call support because troubleshooting isn't solving error 0xC004F211", but...: I changed the motherboard and now there's a problem in reactivating the Windows 11 Pro. License is associated to a Microsoft account and I've done as instructed [1] to prepare for the reactivation.Next to the troubleshooting button there's an error message containing...
  8. Should be simple "call support because troubleshooting isn't solving error 0xC004F211", but...

Should be simple "call support because troubleshooting isn't solving error 0xC004F211", but...: I changed the motherboard and now there's a problem in reactivating the Windows 11 Pro. License is associated to a Microsoft account and I've done as instructed [1] to prepare for the reactivation.Next to the troubleshooting button there's an error message containing...
  9. Windows Activation error 0xC004F211, but doesn't show my purchased retail license and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows Activation error 0xC004F211, but doesn't show my purchased retail license and...: I have tried everything. In 2021 I purchased a full retail Windows 10/11 License directly from Microsoft. I used it on my old computer. It was linked to my Microsoft account and still shows up on my Order History. A few days ago, I replaced the motherboard, CPU, and memory....
  10. Windows Activation error 0xC004F211, but doesn't show my purchased retail license and...

Windows Activation error 0xC004F211, but doesn't show my purchased retail license and...: I have tried everything. In 2021 I purchased a full retail Windows 10/11 License directly from Microsoft. I used it on my old computer. It was linked to my Microsoft account and still shows up on my Order History. A few days ago, I replaced the motherboard, CPU, and memory....