Windows 10: Error 0xC00D3E8E: The property is read only

Discus and support Error 0xC00D3E8E: The property is read only in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] [ATTACH]It is very painful to encounter error 0xC00D3E8E while moving a file from one location to another on a Windows 10 computer. There can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Feb 27, 2019.

1. WinClub New Member

Error 0xC00D3E8E: The property is read only

Error 0xC00D3E8E: The property is read only 0xC00D3E8E-100x100.png
    Error 0xC00D3E8E: The property is read only 0xC00D3E8E-150x100.png It is very painful to encounter error 0xC00D3E8E while moving a file from one location to another on a Windows 10 computer. There can be a number of reasons for this error and they are hard to guess – but the main [...]

This post Error 0xC00D3E8E: The property is read only is from TheWindowsClub.com.

read more...

WinClub, Feb 27, 2019

2. Media Created property not showing-disappeared and cannot be set. Error 0xc00d3e8e

Ever since the last major windows 10 update, I cannot set a date at the Media Created property of any of my mp4 files. Every time I try to do it, I get an error code 0xc00d3e8e along with a message telling me that "The property is read-only". To add insult
    to injury, it seems that all my mp4 files have somehow lost the said date, tediously set by me previously.

What is wrong with you Windows guys????? How do I get back my hard work of archiving my media files???????

John Janus, Feb 27, 2019
  3. How to resolve error 0xC00D3E8E

I'm trying to organize my mp4 files in file explorer in Window 10, but when I try to edit the Media Created tab it gives me the 0xC00D3E8E error. I've checked all my permissions (I'm signed in as an administrator) and the read-only box isn't checked. What
    can I do to fix this? P.S. this is a new issue that arose from the recent Windows 10 update.

CasenCarter, Feb 27, 2019
  4. HHH03 Win User

Windows error code 0xc00d3e8e

I’ve done everything that Microsoft has offered to fix my problem with changing media create dates for .MOV, MP4, etc files. The April update changed something to these files making them “read only, Windows error code 0xc00d3e8e” . I’ve tried everything, even reinstalling Win 7. Of course I could edit these files in Win 7.... but everyone is abandoning Win 7 even though everything runs faster in 7... 20% or more. Hopefully someone will have a fix for this read only error. Thanks

HHH03, Feb 27, 2019
Thema:

1. Error 0xC00D3E8E: The property is read only - Similar Threads - Error 0xC00D3E8E property

2. can not remove read-only property from usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    can not remove read-only property from usb flash drive: I have used a usb flash drive to recover windows 10 on my old pc, however the installation of the windows boot on said key couldn't get to completion, most likely due to a network error while downloading the windows ISO image. I have attempted re-doing the process but I was...
  3. can not remove read-only property from usb flash drive

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can not remove read-only property from usb flash drive: I have used a usb flash drive to recover windows 10 on my old pc, however the installation of the windows boot on said key couldn't get to completion, most likely due to a network error while downloading the windows ISO image. I have attempted re-doing the process but I was...
  4. Cannot remove read only property from google drive folder

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot remove read only property from google drive folder: Close dialogue box read only is still there. I literally cannot move the god **** files https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cannot-remove-read-only-property-from-google-drive/d27e458e-d05b-4392-a411-c6eca28dac63
  5. Can not remove the "Read only property"

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can not remove the "Read only property": Today when I tried to modify tags in my music library, I found that it couldn't write the tags. So I checked the properties of it. Under the General tab the "read only " property had a tick in front. [ATTACH] I removed it and clicked on apply. [ATTACH] Then a new window...
  6. File Properties - Read Only Checkbox

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    File Properties - Read Only Checkbox: I'm considering ticking the read only checkbox on a file and just wanted to get an idea of what it does exactly. Like is the file completely read only to everyone(administrators and system included) until someone unchecks the box? submitted by /u/Shaqnothot [link]...
  7. Read-only file/folder properties

in Windows 10 Support
    Read-only file/folder properties: As a long-time user of Windows OS in all its iterations, what I'm going to ask y'all has me totally stumped. I've looked on-line for solutions but have not found anything definitive. I apologize if anything like what I'm going to describe has been asked/answered; I only...
  8. Windows error code 0xc00d3e8e

in Windows 10 Support
    Windows error code 0xc00d3e8e: I’ve done everything that Microsoft has offered to fix my problem with changing media create dates for .MOV, MP4, etc files. The April update changed something to these files making them “read only, Windows error code 0xc00d3e8e” . I’ve tried everything, even reinstalling Win...
  9. Read Only Error!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Read Only Error!: Hi, im a hardcore Wow player, recently i encountered a problem that wont let me play wow due to my folders not able to being write wow files on my windows 7. the was a message when ever i tried to run wow and that was "The CAS system was unable to initialize: Client...
  10. File Properties question, "read only"

in Windows 10 Support
    File Properties question, "read only": Most any folder you right click on and select 'properties' will give you a list of that folder's attributes. One of them always says: Read-only (Only applies to files in folder) I've never been able to figure out what that means. The files in the folder I'm investigating...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0XC00D3E8E

2. error code 0xc00d3e8e when converting a .mov file

3. error code 0xc00d3e8e

4. error 0xc00d3e8e the property is read only,
  5. 0xc00d3e8e the property is read only,
  6. windows remove file properties 0xc00d3e8e,
  7. c00d3e8e the property is read only,
  8. error 0xc00d3e8e