Windows 10: Error 0xCFFFFF828 - Can't sign in on Windows apps

Discus and support Error 0xCFFFFF828 - Can't sign in on Windows apps in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I changed my password last night and wake up to my Xbox App and Windows Store apps giving me this error and refusing to download anything. No idea how... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by TastyTrex, Feb 21, 2020.

1. TastyTrex Win User

Error 0xCFFFFF828 - Can't sign in on Windows apps

I changed my password last night and wake up to my Xbox App and Windows Store apps giving me this error and refusing to download anything. No idea how to fix this. I tried signing out and back in hoping it would just let me input my new password. I even selected "Sign in with a different account" but still, after typing my new password in, it hasn't budged.

:)

TastyTrex, Feb 21, 2020

2. App Store sign-in error, 0xD000000D

Hi Suzanne,

There's a possibility that you are currently signed in on your computer using your local account. For us to sort this out, we suggest that you sign in with your Microsoft account instead. Follow these steps:

• Open Settings > Accounts > Your email and accounts.
    • Select Sign in with a Microsoft account instead.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions.

Once signed in with your Microsoft account on your computer, try signing into the Windows Store app.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 21, 2020
  3. jimhoyle Win User
    How to troubleshoot an error that appears only at Restart or Sign out?

I get an error pop-up error message not every, but almost every time I Restart or Sign out. It's the screen with blue background and on top of Restart or Sign out text an error window says:

Explorer.exe - Application error. The instruction at 0x000… referenced memory at 0x000... The memory could not be written.

Sometimes the error code is just zeros, sometimes random numbers. I have tried so much already to troubleshoot this. For example these did not help in any way:
    • MemTest86+ (no problems)
    • Disabling any Services, Autoruns/ShellExView entries
    • Low resolution mode
    • BIOS settings are fine, no overclocking etc.
    • DISM.exe and sfc
    • etc.

However, these do make the error go away:
    • End process for explorer.exe before Restart or Sign out
    • Safe Mode
    • Creating a new user profile (almost the same as clean installing Windows, many full days of work)
    • Uninstalling NVIDIA graphics driver (then the card is unusable, of course)
    • Disabling Device Manager / Display Adapters / NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1080

I already contacted NVIDIA and the graphics driver is not the culprit. Something has gone wrong with the user profile as the same driver works just fine in a new profile (and there's nothing wrong with the driver anyway, it's just the Restart or Sign out process that has a problem).

What can I do to fix this? One useful thing would be to have a step-by-step procedure for the Sign out. So that it'd ask before continuing to the next step and list what it's doing. Or if I could just disable whatever it does when the error appears.

jimhoyle, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Error 0xCFFFFF828 - Can't sign in on Windows apps

Windows 10 Xbox App Sign in error (0x409) 0x80070005

Hi,

Corrupted profile data, an outdated version of the app, and software conflicts that occur when signing in are some of the factors that we have to take into consideration when troubleshooting issues with signing in to the Xbox app on Windows 10. Let's isolate
    your concern by answering the following questions:

• Have you made any changes to your device or to your Xbox account before encountering this issue?
    • Are you using the same Microsoft account to sign in to the Xbox app and your Windows 10 PC?
    • Are you using an administrator user profile?
    • Have you tried signing in to other built-in Windows 10 apps like the Store app to check if the same issue occurs?

Meanwhile, we suggest signing in to a different user profile. This can help determine if this is due to corrupted user data. Here are the steps:

• Press the Windows button on your device or keyboard, or select the
      Windows icon from the bottom-left corner of the main screen.
    • Select your account name from the top-left corner of the menu, and then select
      Switch account.
    • Sign in with an account other than the one you were using.
    • Sign in to the Xbox app and check if the same issue occurs.

Catherine Cus., Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

Error 0xCFFFFF828 - Can't sign in on Windows apps

1. Error 0xCFFFFF828 - Can't sign in on Windows apps - Similar Threads - Error 0xCFFFFF828 Can't

2. xbox app error code 0x800704cf can't sign in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    xbox app error code 0x800704cf can't sign in: ive been trying to log into the xbox app on my pc, but it keeps showing the "not connected to the internet" error code. i tried creating a new account to see if that would work but that didn't either. i know im connected im not sure what the issue could be i feel like ive...
  3. xbox app error code 0x800704cf can't sign in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    xbox app error code 0x800704cf can't sign in: ive been trying to log into the xbox app on my pc, but it keeps showing the "not connected to the internet" error code. i tried creating a new account to see if that would work but that didn't either. i know im connected im not sure what the issue could be i feel like ive...
  4. Can't sign in to Xbox App

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't sign in to Xbox App: I know that this issue has been adressed a lot of times but i'm pretty desperate to not being able to use the game pass and i pretty much tried everything i've found.So you know how it begins, when i'm on the Xbox App, nothing happens when I try to log in. Things i've found...
  5. Can't sign in to Xbox App

Can't sign in to Xbox App: I know that this issue has been adressed a lot of times but i'm pretty desperate to not being able to use the game pass and i pretty much tried everything i've found.So you know how it begins, when i'm on the Xbox App, nothing happens when I try to log in. Things i've found...
  6. Can't sign in to mail app

Can't sign in to mail app: I have been using Mail and calender app for months. Recently I accidently deleted the app data after it the most apps are not working correctly. So I reinstalled some apps. Mail app is one the apps. After it installs again i tried to add my account. But a adding account...
  7. Can't sign in xbox app. error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in xbox app. error: I keep an error when trying to sign in the xbox app or when i try to verify my account in settingsError Code: 00000000 Correlation Id: fabcffe8705b41f0aa8bcde14c0dbd55 Timestamp: 2021-07-29T11:32:39.655Z...
  8. Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows

Can't sign in to Xbox app on Windows: I've been trying for days. I reinstalled countless times, I've signed out of my account on my pc and tried signing in, I've tried resetting the data, I've treid everything. This morning it actually signed me in for a few hours then glitched out and now I can't sign back in....
  9. Can't sign in on Xbox for Windows app

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't sign in on Xbox for Windows app: I'm trying to buy game pass on windows but I need to sign in to do that. When I try to sign in, the sign in button does nothing. I click on it and nothing happens. This also happens on the feedback center....
  10. Can't sign in in the Xboxbeta app

Can't sign in in the Xboxbeta app: I recently bought Forza Horizon 4, so i downloaded it on the Microsoft store and then installed the xbox beta app so i could play with friends. Every time i try to sign in in the app, it says something along the lines of "You were unable to sign in to Xbox Live". My account...