Windows 10: Error 0xe0000142 MS Office "Word"

Discus and support Error 0xe0000142 MS Office "Word" in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; A couple days after installing Win 10 Version 2004 on 6-1-20, and when I went to open up a Word PDF document, there was a box that came up on my... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Wobble 12, Jun 4, 2020.

1. Wobble 12 Win User

Error 0xe0000142 MS Office "Word"

A couple days after installing Win 10 Version 2004 on 6-1-20, and when I went to open up a Word PDF document, there was a box that came up on my screen that some updating was being done and wait. Then a another box came up unable to open document with error 0xe0000142. This surely had to with my MS Office 2016. I went into the "C' drive programs and discovered, there was an Office 2019, that was there from updating Win 10 version 2004. It did something to OFFICE.....mmmm. I went into uninstall programs and uninstalled the Office 2019. Bingo, all was solved with original 2016 Office opening up mu documents.

This was also a nice reminder to put more current documents onto my Flash drive and additional photos on the other flash drive. Whew!

:)

Wobble 12, Jun 4, 2020
  2. Drone Win User

Office 2013 error

Some had the same issue. Try one of those advises:

Drone, Jun 4, 2020
  3. microsoft word 2003

I have a lot of ms word files on my pc. But one of them showed me an error - Getting unknown error messages while opening (.doc) or (.docx) files. I don't know how to open my word file or repair microsoft word. Any suggestions, guys, please.

abandone15, Jun 4, 2020
  4. Error 0xe0000142 MS Office "Word"

Quicken & MS Office 2010

Hi William,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I understand the inconvenience that you are experiencing. I will definitely assist you.

Try the commands and check if the MS Office is available on your computer. Try the below steps:

• Press Windows + R and type winword.exe
      and hit enter.

• If MS word open up MS Office is available on the system.
    If not, you have to install it again from the store.

Hope this helps. If you need further assistance with Windows, let us know and will be glad to help.

Billion Debbarma, Jun 4, 2020
Thema:

Error 0xe0000142 MS Office "Word"

1. Error 0xe0000142 MS Office "Word" - Similar Threads - Error 0xe0000142 Office

2. After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?: MS 365 will not open Office Word files. Word files do not even appear when searching for them with 365. When I click "open with" on the Word file 365 does not appear. I repaired the Microsoft Office Word program but nothing has changed. What now?...
  3. After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?: MS 365 will not open Office Word files. Word files do not even appear when searching for them with 365. When I click "open with" on the Word file 365 does not appear. I repaired the Microsoft Office Word program but nothing has changed. What now?...
  4. After repair of Office Word why can't MS 365 locate or open Office Word files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  6. Office 2013 not working with MS Word

Office 2013 not working with MS Word: I purchased Office 2013 from Amazon in 2015 It has worked fine on my desktop and notebook computers until recently. Now I get the message that it can't open Normal.dotm and a few other error messages that makes it impossible to open MS Word documents. After trying to fix the...
  7. MS OFFICE ERROR

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    MS OFFICE ERROR: hi, i have used Windows 10 pro original version and my MS office was corrupted. How can i get this again as free..Please suggest.. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-windows_install/ms-office-error/1b9d057e-dd75-44b2-8579-07b6143f5109
  8. Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?

in Microsoft Office and 365
    Free Mobile APP Of MS WORD and OFFICE ?: Hello, Just came across the free (called "mobile") downloads of MS WORD, etc. for W10. From what I can see, they really are free. Sure I am missing something: If free, why would anyone buy Office ? What am I, as usual, missing ? Thought I would ask here first before...
  9. Error opening MS Word

Error opening MS Word: I've just upgraded from W7to W10 today and have done some tweaks to the system regarding all those privacy issues. Now I've installed Ms Office and when wanting to open Word, I was greeted with this [img] error screen. Why is that? How should I configure my system? This...
  10. MS Word Error

MS Word Error: So I couldn't fit the whole error message so I'll put it here: Word could not create the work file. Check the Temp environment variable. I did this thing where you'd change the name of the users folder with regedit. I had to do a couple things to make it work like deleting...