Windows 10: Error 10016 Distributed COM

Discus and support Error 10016 Distributed COM in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Karen Higgins, Oct 19, 2018.

1. Error 10016 Distributed COM

The application-specific permission settings do not grant Local Activation permission for the COM Server application with CLSID
    {D63B10C5-BB46-4990-A94F-E40B9D520160}
    and APPID
    {9CA88EE3-ACB7-47C8-AFC4-AB702511C276}

This is for the runtime broker. I have gone to regedit and set owner of applid and clsid to Administrators. I have gone to component services. There are two runtime broker objects. One already has System as user. The other has disabled ability for me to add permissions and users, even though I am an administrator.

When this error occurs my laptop is locked up for 5 to 20 minutes with 100% disk usage. It is incredibly frustrating as I cannot work. Microsoft, I should not have to experience this common problem and spend hours trying to resolve it.

I will pay for a solution.

:)

Karen Higgins, Oct 19, 2018

2. Windows 10 1703 for x64 Event 10016, Distributed COM

Hi Dan,

To resolve the event ID 10016 issue, we suggest that you check and follow the steps/instructions in this
    article. This article includes the cause and resolution of the error.

We would appreciate it if you could get back to us and provide us your feedback.

Michael Gall, Oct 19, 2018
  3. Distributed COM Error #10016

There are applications you're using that might cause complication against the security policy or that was blocked by the security policy that caused the error that you received. I'm pertaining to the application where you received the error code 10016.

Regards.

Virfranz Man, Oct 19, 2018
  4. Error 10016 Distributed COM

Windows Distributed COM error 10016 Crashing my browser

Hi Dylan,

Event ID 10016 is an error found on the event logs of your operating system. It is related in the Windows
    DistributedCOM component file which is a prerequisite to run most built-in programs of
    Windows 10.

To resolve this error, you can visit this link:
    DCOM event ID 10016 is logged in Windows
    for more information about this error. Once there, go to the “Workaround” section of the article and follow the instructions
    there. This article already supports the latest version of Windows 10 which is
    version 1803 -April 18 Update.

If you continue to have this issue even after performing the above steps, please reply to this thread. The system will notify me so I can get back to you and provide you more answers.

Johann Eva, Oct 19, 2018
Thema:

Error 10016 Distributed COM

1. Error 10016 Distributed COM - Similar Threads - Error 10016 Distributed

2. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Distributed COM errors 10005: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I got "DPC Watchdog Violation" several times. When I open Event Viewer it shows error with event ID 10005. I have the log here:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  3. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Distributed COM errors 10005: I reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop and I got "DPC Watchdog Violation" several times. When I open Event Viewer it shows error with event ID 10005. I have the log here:- <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">- <System> <Provider...
  4. Distributed COM errors 10005

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Distributed COM eventid 10016

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Distributed COM eventid 10016: I have a cool RGB keyboard I'm dying to use but can't. The keyboard works fine for a few seconds but then stops functioning. It installs ok but then something weird happens and it seems like there's a secondary driver that windows tries to install but fails. it causes a Set...
  6. Distributed COM errors 10001, 10005, 10010, 10016

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Distributed COM errors 10001, 10005, 10010, 10016: I am currently trying to rid my Windows 10 Dell laptop of all errors because it is continuously lagging, and this is one that seems to have surfaced often. I have now ran an offline scan, attempted to install some windows updates, ran a SFC scan (that found some unfixable...
  7. Windows Distributed COM error 10016 Crashing my browser

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Distributed COM error 10016 Crashing my browser: For about a month now, I have been having browser crashes. After Chrome support proved useless, I learned how to use the event viewer; and always got the same error immediately preceding the crash; The application-specific permission settings do not grant local activation...
  8. Windows Distributed COM error 10016 Crashing my browser

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Distributed COM error 10016 Crashing my browser: For about a month now, I have been having browser crashes. After Chrome support proved useless, I learned how to use the event viewer; and always got the same error immediately preceding the crash; The application-specific permission settings do not grant local activation...
  9. Distributed COM 10016 - Runtime Broker

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Distributed COM 10016 - Runtime Broker: So all of a sudden all my apps + store stopped working. Digging into the issue deeper I discovered Runtime broker had something to do with it. As all error messages mark it as a problem. Code: L: - <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">L:...
  10. EVENT ID 10016 Distributed COM - Hardlocking My System

in Windows 10 Support
    EVENT ID 10016 Distributed COM - Hardlocking My System: like i pointed out in another thread.. this error is common and not really related to issues like hard crashing/locking.. if you believe it's a video card issue.. consider running Display Driver Uninstaller(DDU) to clean out your gpu drivers and perform a clean install of...