Windows 10: Error 1058 In Windows 10

Discus and support Error 1058 In Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello Can Anyone help me fix this error 1058 Because i cant run WIndows Update In WIndows Update It Tells "Something has went wrong, Please open... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ShawnIsaac, Sep 15, 2020.

1. Error 1058 In Windows 10

Hello

Can Anyone help me fix this error 1058

Because i cant run WIndows Update

In WIndows Update It Tells "Something has went wrong, Please open later"

I did not find any solutions for Windows 10

Thanks in advance....................................................

:)

ShawnIsaac, Sep 15, 2020
  2. jarmst Win User

Windows Defender Error 1058: can't start service

I've seen posts regarding similar behavior for Windows 7, but not for Windows 10. I've tried a few of the steps but some of them (like specific registry key updates) are not applicable, since the registry seems different than previous versions.

Symptoms

• Windows Defender always fails to start, gives "Error 1058"
    • Under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender, every option is greyed out
    • Can't manually start the "Security Center" service
      • Initially set to "Disabled"
      • Change setting to "Automatic," start service manually
      • After a short time, it reverts back to "Disabled"
    Troubleshooting Steps

• Performed virus/malware removal
      • Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, AdwCleaner, Kaspersky's TDSS Removal, Bitdefender, Spybot
      • Individually installed, scanned, and removed each
      • Found some adware/viruses that were removed
      • Nothing shows up in any scans now (seems like everything active was removed)
    • Checked Group Policy Editor/registry key for the "Disable Windows Defender" setting
      • Made sure everything was set to "enable" Defender
      • Still see symptoms
    • sfc /scannow
      • Showed some errors that couldn't be resolved
      • Seems to be missing critical files in the running and backup file list
      • I have the CBS.log that was ran immediately before posting; not sure how to attach it or if I should include a snippet
      • EDIT: just re-looked through the log output, seems like most of the "check failed" errors were for different shortcut files (Task Scheduler, etc.). Not sure how applicable this is now
    Possible Solutions

• Download + reinstall Windows Defender to replace missing files
      • Not sure if this is even possible, given that it's a core system component in W10
    • Restore Registry keys back to default settings
      • Virus seems to have messed up several places
      • Nothing specific to Windows 10 online for getting Windows Defender back to stock in registry

jarmst, Sep 15, 2020
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 15, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Error 1058 In Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Sep 15, 2020
Thema:

Error 1058 In Windows 10

1. Error 1058 In Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error 1058

2. Error Message *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Error Message *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization.: We did the Windows 10 update recently. We noticed that our background settings changed and when we go to change it the background function is grayed out. The message reads in read *Some of these settings are hidden or managed by your organization. We have tried to do some of...
  3. Pc reboots randomly , sometimes freeze and blue screen error occurs sometimes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Pc reboots randomly , sometimes freeze and blue screen error occurs sometimes: I checked event viewer this message is displayed after the reboot . Log Name: System Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power Date: 28-09-2020 7.47.20 PM Event ID: 41 Task Category: 63 Level: Critical Keywords: 70368744177664,2...
  4. Error Message while upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro Edition

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error Message while upgrading Windows 10 Home to Pro Edition: Hello, I had a valid Windows 10 Pro serial key which I used to upgrade my old Lenovo laptop came with Windows 10 Home. It worked perfectly. I did it 6-7 months ago. I sold that laptop recently and didFull Reset before selling. So the key is no longer in use. I bought...
  5. reading error logs

reading error logs: is there someone who is able to understand setupact and setuperr logs please https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/reading-error-logs/6aca81cf-7d22-4544-81d5-d2ea76f34a4b
  6. Computer not installing updates and error 0x80080005.

Computer not installing updates and error 0x80080005.: Greetings! I have a problem with my computer. It stopped installing UPDATES and anything fromMICROSOFT STORE. When I try to install an update I get ERROR0x80080005 and on the microsoft store the apps never make it past''PENDING''. My internet speed is great 400 mb/s and...
  7. Issues with reinstalling teams, as well as weird errors when attempting a fix

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Issues with reinstalling teams, as well as weird errors when attempting a fix: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/XX_Normie_Scum_XX [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/j1cauf/issues_with_reinstalling_teams_as_well_as_weird/
  8. error

in Windows 10 Customization
    error: An error tab keeps popping up multiple times. It is sometimes even stacking at each other. The install of C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Local\Temp\utt3F1D.tmp failed The file "C:\Users\Windows\AppData\Local\Temp\utt3F1D.tmp" is not signed....
  9. BSOD investigating update error 1058 when executing Kasperksy TDSSKILLER scan

BSOD investigating update error 1058 when executing Kasperksy TDSSKILLER scan: Stopcode 20200919 at 06:40:22 Investigating Windows Update Error 1058 Downloaded Kaspersky TDSSKILLER to scan computer BSOC crash occured when tdsskiller.exe executed Link for One Drive Files https://1drv.ms/u/s!AtSj_bFwU9MbnwVsXTdNcFuzmhNm?e=SETjXB [ATTACH]...
  10. error 1058 when enabling window update services

error 1058 when enabling window update services: hi, i just buying a pc from an onlne vendor seem my window cannot update. error 80070422 will appear after i try update my window. after some research i use the services.msc to enable auto update. then the error 1058 appear. please consult. thanks a lot...