Windows 10: error 1058 when enabling window update services

Discus and support error 1058 when enabling window update services in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; hi, i just buying a pc from an onlne vendor seem my window cannot update. error 80070422 will appear after i try update my window. after some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by IlliyasAbd Aziz, Jan 27, 2019.

1. error 1058 when enabling window update services

hi,

i just buying a pc from an onlne vendor
    seem my window cannot update.

error 80070422 will appear after i try update my window.

after some research i use the services.msc to enable auto update.

then the error 1058 appear.

please consult. thanks a lot

:)

IlliyasAbd Aziz, Jan 27, 2019
  2. jarmst Win User

Windows Defender Error 1058: can't start service

I've seen posts regarding similar behavior for Windows 7, but not for Windows 10. I've tried a few of the steps but some of them (like specific registry key updates) are not applicable, since the registry seems different than previous versions.

Symptoms

• Windows Defender always fails to start, gives "Error 1058"
    • Under Settings > Update & Security > Windows Defender, every option is greyed out
    • Can't manually start the "Security Center" service
      • Initially set to "Disabled"
      • Change setting to "Automatic," start service manually
      • After a short time, it reverts back to "Disabled"
    Troubleshooting Steps

• Performed virus/malware removal
      • Malwarebytes, SUPERAntiSpyware, HitmanPro, AdwCleaner, Kaspersky's TDSS Removal, Bitdefender, Spybot
      • Individually installed, scanned, and removed each
      • Found some adware/viruses that were removed
      • Nothing shows up in any scans now (seems like everything active was removed)
    • Checked Group Policy Editor/registry key for the "Disable Windows Defender" setting
      • Made sure everything was set to "enable" Defender
      • Still see symptoms
    • sfc /scannow
      • Showed some errors that couldn't be resolved
      • Seems to be missing critical files in the running and backup file list
      • I have the CBS.log that was ran immediately before posting; not sure how to attach it or if I should include a snippet
      • EDIT: just re-looked through the log output, seems like most of the "check failed" errors were for different shortcut files (Task Scheduler, etc.). Not sure how applicable this is now
    Possible Solutions

• Download + reinstall Windows Defender to replace missing files
      • Not sure if this is even possible, given that it's a core system component in W10
    • Restore Registry keys back to default settings
      • Virus seems to have messed up several places
      • Nothing specific to Windows 10 online for getting Windows Defender back to stock in registry

jarmst, Jan 27, 2019
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Jan 27, 2019
  4. error 1058 when enabling window update services

???Windows XP Update???

that's where i tried to activate it. i would highlight automatic, it says, service stopped, so then i click start and it says "could not start the automatic updates service on local computer
    error 1058: the service, either because it is disabled, or because it has no enabled devices associated with it."
    i think this all started when i updated to Service Pack 3

aaronjohn20, Jan 27, 2019
Thema:

error 1058 when enabling window update services

1. error 1058 when enabling window update services - Similar Threads - error 1058 enabling

2. Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058: In the security center properties local computer window, just about everything from every tab is greyed out. Does anyone have any ways to fix this issue? Any help would be greatly appreciated...
  3. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to solve this update services error 1058 ?: I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this was showing error 1508, after seeing some videos on youtube, this error was not fixing, and when I tried to enable the...
  4. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to solve this update services error 1058 ?: I am not able to upgrade my windows, and when I see it in services I got that my windows update service is disabled and when I tried to enable it, this was showing error 1508, after seeing some videos on youtube, this error was not fixing, and when I tried to enable the...
  5. How to solve this update services error 1058 ?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  6. Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Windows Security Service Won't Start - Error 1058: Hi, so I have an issue where when I open Windows Security, it is empty. I have tried going into Services and enabling the Windows Security Service. However, when I press the Start button, an error message comes up, saying: Windows could not start the Windows Security Service...
  7. Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058

Windows update service not starting wuauserv, error 1058: Hi,My computer is unable to start windows update.Through normal settings I see this;Restarting does nothing. Trouble shooters don't seem to work.I have looked online and traced the problem to the wuauserv windows update service.Through windows services I can see that it is...
  8. How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?

How to fix services error 1058 on Windows 10?: How to fix error 1058 for updating windows10*Moderator note: Modified title for accuracy* https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-services-error-1058-on-windows-10/8d642f31-c6e0-4d72-8aec-a1b4bce4cd6d
  9. error 1058 while window update

in Windows 10 Customization
    error 1058 while window update: hey guys i show the error 1058 in window update time. "something went to wrong try reopen setting later" this error show in window update pannel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1058-while-window-update/8050c3fd-8d93-4e83-8b43-8e59f629f772
  10. error 1058 window update error

in Windows 10 Customization
    error 1058 window update error: hey guys i show the error 1058 in window update time. "something went to wrong try reopen setting later" this error show in window update pannel. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-1058-window-update-error/8050c3fd-8d93-4e83-8b43-8e59f629f772

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error 1058 windows 10

2. windows update service error 1058

3. error 1058

4. error 1058 windows service,
  5. error 1058 windows update,
  6. windows 10 bląd 1058 windows update,
  7. windows defender service error 1058,
  8. wuauserv 1058,
  9. system error 1058 has occurred windows 10,
  10. error 1058 starting windows update service,
  11. windows could not start windows update services error 1058,