Windows 10: Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode

Discus and support Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Hello, i recently turned my pc on and the internet icon was gone. I searched it in se4vices.msc and tried to turn DHCP Client on and after starting the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by LukaPelivan, Jan 18, 2019.

1. Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode

Hello, i recently turned my pc on and the internet icon was gone. I searched it in se4vices.msc and tried to turn DHCP Client on and after starting the service I just got the alert: "Windows could not start the DHCP Client service on Local Computer. ERROR 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe mode." I know i am not in safe mode, I even booted my pc in it it and have gone back to 'normal' mode but still same message appears. I need help ASAP!

:)

LukaPelivan, Jan 18, 2019

2. net start wuauserv error 1084 cannot be started in safe mode

I keep getting an error 0x80240fff when trying to update windows, I have done searches and even micosoft hasn't had any helpful solutions. I have done everything that was suggested but nothing works. I tried going into safe mode and under CMD ran net stop
    wuauserv and net stop cryptsvc and when I try to restart them it says net start wuauserv error 1084 cannot be started in safe mode.

I need answers, don't make me sorry I installed windows 10, and don't make tell people not to download it either.

DebbieGraham, Jan 18, 2019
  3. Password not accepted in Safe mode

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community forum.

Have you tried all the above steps suggested by Sangeeta Sarkar on September 13, 2015.

I would suggest you to provide some information to help you better.

• Are you trying to login the Microsoft account or the Local account in safe mode?
    • Did you try with only safe mode or safe mode with networking?
    • What is the critical error you are getting?

If you are using Windows 10. To go to safe mode you have to follow the below steps.

If you are able to go to login screen in normal mode try the below steps to go to safe mode with networking.

• At the login screen click on the power symbol.

• Hold SHIFT + Click Restart.

• After restarting your system, select the Troubleshoot option.

• Select advanced options under
      Troubleshoot screen.

• Click on Startup Settings.

• Click Restart and follow the onscreen steps to go to
      Safe Mode with networking and check if you are able to login.

[*]
    Please get back with more information, we will be glad to help you further.

Sachin Venkatesh, Jan 18, 2019
  4. Mike.Pmr Win User

Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode

Windows 10 - DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:

I am having a similar issue. File Explore will work for a second when i open an explorer window then quit and won't restart automatically. It works alright in safe mode, but as soon as i restart it starts failing again.

Event Viewer shows errors like DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service ShellHWDetection with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server

It also shows explorer.exe terminate, svchost fail with faulting module being ESENT.dll and other errors.

Mike.Pmr, Jan 18, 2019
Thema:

Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode

1. Error 1084: This service cannot be started in Safe Mode - Similar Threads - Error 1084 service

2. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable"...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable"...: Windows give me like 50: DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:why? i can't even boot i can in safe mode when i reinstall windows i have around 2 min and then my screen update and then frozen...
  3. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable"...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable"...: Windows give me like 50: DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:why? i can't even boot i can in safe mode when i reinstall windows i have around 2 min and then my screen update and then frozen...
  4. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service WSearch with arguments "Unavailable"...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services: This has happened 95 times in total and i have not see anyone capable of fixing it .The system froze at logo screen.I had to force boot manager to start the system.After 3 more froze , it finally boot into safe mode and created this beautfiul scenes of errors.I have checked...
  6. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services: This has happened 95 times in total and i have not see anyone capable of fixing it .The system froze at logo screen.I had to force boot manager to start the system.After 3 more froze , it finally boot into safe mode and created this beautfiul scenes of errors.I have checked...
  7. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the services

in Windows 10 Gaming
  8. DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service: Hi guy,My screen went blue screen and the event log full of:DCOM got error "1084" attempting to start the service TokenBroker with arguments "Unavailable" in order to run the server:Windows.Internal.Security.Authentication.Web.WamProviderRegistrationDCOM got error "1084"...
  9. Windows Backup says "This service cannot be started in safe mode"

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Backup says "This service cannot be started in safe mode": Windows Backup says "This service cannot be started in safe mode" but I'm not in safe mode I want to keep a back up of my files but windows won't let me and I'm not in safe mode. [ATTACH]...
  10. Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode

in Windows 10 Customization
    Cannot Reinstall Windows Apps Get-AppxPackager : This service cannot be start in safe mode: Brief Summary of Issue: Windows 10 has corrupted store apps, apps open then close instantly and UAC is turned on. Normal Mode: Cannot fix packages as they are running e.g Xbox but cannot kill process or even find process as hidden/locked Safe Mode: Cannot start the...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. this service cannot be started in safe mode

2. error 1084 update cannot start in safe mode

3. windows firewall error 1084

4. wuauserv cannot be started in safe mode,
  5. windows defende error 1084 safe mode,
  6. dcom got error 1084 attempting to start the service shellhwdetection with arguments unavailable in order to run the server:,
  7. error 1084 safe mode,
  8. net start wuauserv cannot be started in safe mode,
  9. cannot start all services with error 1084 on win 10,
  10. 1084 caanot start service safemode,
  11. error 1084 the service cannnot started in safe mode