Windows 10: "Error 126: Specified module could not be found" when diagnosing printer issue

Discus and support "Error 126: Specified module could not be found" when diagnosing printer issue in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm getting this error code when I try to fix my printer. It's not printing all of a sudden. Apparently my PrintNotify local service is missing.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by DeanRittenhouse, Jul 24, 2020.

1. "Error 126: Specified module could not be found" when diagnosing printer issue

I'm getting this error code when I try to fix my printer. It's not printing all of a sudden. Apparently my PrintNotify local service is missing.

:)

DeanRittenhouse, Jul 24, 2020

2. Specified module could not be found

Hello Stephen,

Thank you for keeping us posted.

As per the description, I understand that you are experiencing issue with error message: “Specific module cannot be found” on the system.

I certainly understand your concern and will try my best to help you.

I really appreciate all your efforts in trying to fix the issue.

I would suggest you to refer to the suggestions provided in the following Microsoft link given below and check if that helps.

\System\SysMenu.dll The specified module could not be found

The above steps holds good for Windows 10 as well.

I hope this information is helpful.

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance, we will be glad to assist you.

Thank you.

Jayant

Jayant Gupta, Jul 26, 2020
  3. IC64.DLL SPECIFIED MODULE COULD NOT BE FOUND

Hi Dhruv,

I am vanshita.

“The specified module could not be found” error usually shows on Windows startup and warm up, but it may also pop up when working with various programs or trying to connect to the Internet. Just like the majority of Windows errors,[1] this one might be caused
    by a bunch of reasons, starting from virus attack[2] and finishing with corrupted system files.

The most common issues that trigger “The specified module could not be found” alert are:

 missing or corrupted DLL files;

 damaged Windows registry entries;

 incorrect installation of programs;

 outdated Windows drivers;

 malware attack.

To fix “The specified module could not be found” error, you'll have to analyze the background of the error and isolate its culprit. Usually, the alert provides quite explicit information about the problem, so it's not difficult to understand which part of the
    system is malfunctioning:

Normally, the error provides a full path to the DLL file[3] or program that was unable to start. Therefore, write this name down and follow the instructions provided below to fix the “The specified module could not be found” error completely.

First of all, you should check if your computer is not infected with malware. You can do it by scanning the system with Reimage or another security software. If it's not the case and your computer is virus-free, you have to prepare for a quite challenging procedure.

The first step requires identifying and memorizing the program that causes this error. Once it’s done, you can follow these steps and fix “The specified module could not be found” error:

1. Click on Start and open type File Explorer Options.

2. Click the File Explorer Options to open it.

3. When in Folder Options, go to View tab.

4. Under Hidden files and folders option, find and tick Show hidden files and folders.

5. Then find and untick Hide protected operating system files (Recommended) option.

6. Click OK.

Now you have to reboot the computer to Safe Mode with Networking:

1. Open Start and click the arrow next to the Shut Down Button (or Lock Button) and click Restart.

2. Before Windows logo appears, you have to press and hold the F8 key as the computer restarts.

3. Advanced Boot Options screen appears. Use the arrow keys to select Safe Mode with Networking option, and click Enter key.

1. Open Windows Task Manager by pressing Ctrl+Alt+Delete (Ctrl+Shift+Esc) keys together.

2. Go to Process tab.

3. In the list of processes, find entries that are associated with “The specified module could not be found” error and click End task.

The last steps include modifications in Windows registry. In order to avoid accidental damage to the Registry or deletion of wrong keys, you should backup registry. Once it’s done, follow these steps to fix “The specified module could not be found” error:

1. Click Windows + R keys and type regedit in the Run box.

2. Open Registry Editor.

3. Find and delete these registry entries:

Restart the computer

If you have followed these instructions carefully and attentively, they should have helped to solve the problem that caused “The specified module could not be found” error message.

Repair your Errors automatically

ugetfix.com team is trying to do its best to help users find the best solutions for eliminating their errors. If you don't want to struggle with manual repair techniques, please use the automatic software. All recommended products have been tested and approved
    by our professionals. Tools that you can use to fix your error are listed bellow:

Hope it will help you

Thanks

vanshitavanshita, Jul 26, 2020
  4. "Error 126: Specified module could not be found" when diagnosing printer issue

"Error 126: Specified module could not be found" when diagnosing printer issue

I'm getting this error code when I try to fix my printer. It's not printing all of a sudden. Apparently my PrintNotify local service is missing.

DeanRittenhouse, Jul 26, 2020
Thema:

"Error 126: Specified module could not be found" when diagnosing printer issue

1. "Error 126: Specified module could not be found" when diagnosing printer issue - Similar Threads - Error 126 Specified

2. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  3. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”: I recently removed files relating to a HP printer that I no longer use. But each time the PC boots up, there is a notification that specified module could not be found C:\Program Files\HP\HP Deskjet 1000J\10 Series\bin\HPStatus.dll Is there a way around this?Thanks....
  4. Notification on “Specified Module Could Not Be Found”

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The specified module could not be found.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  6. The specified module could not be found.

The specified module could not be found.: There was a problem startingC:\ProgramData\ScoreModern\PinsBhosu\Silim_nindowscom.dllThe specified module could not be found. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-specified-module-could-not-be-found/26447477-48cb-427b-98f4-89082c3cc790
  7. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

in Windows 10 Gaming
    RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  8. RunDLL error The specified module could not be found

RunDLL error The specified module could not be found: My computer is showing RunDLL error lately. The error indicates the path to were the missing module must be located. I checked the folder and I think the dll is related to the loading animation of the mouse cursor. This is my windows specification:Windows 11 Pro 22H2OS Build:...
  9. Windows Event Log fails to start with Error 126: Specified Module could not be found....

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Log fails to start with Error 126: Specified Module could not be found....: Normally I would look in the Event Log Viewer if a service fails to start but since it's the Event Log Service itself that fails to start, I don't know exactly where to look for what the missing Specified Module is.I ran both dism and sfc /scannow without any problems. Any...
  10. Error : 126 Module not found

Error : 126 Module not found: So today i had to do something with ClipSVC apparently i need to stop it but it already stop, i want to turn it back on but it says "Error 126 Module not found" before i tried to start this, i add some reg key, so maybe its the problem? If it is, then tell me how to remove it...