Windows 10: Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10

Discus and support Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm getting Error 1500 when trying to install or uninstall a program. The program in question is PS4 Remote Play which has been working fine until... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by esornad, Nov 12, 2020.

1. esornad Win User

Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10

I'm getting Error 1500 when trying to install or uninstall a program. The program in question is PS4 Remote Play which has been working fine until recently.

Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10 01194652-d5e0-4fb3-b917-278169a5338f?upload=true.png

I have no other installations in progress. Here are the steps I have tried:

1. Rebooted computer
    2. Ran msconfig and disabled all boot up programs except Microsoft applications. Rebooted.
    3. Ran task manager and tried ending any open installation task and Windows Installer. There are none.
    4. Tried to disable the Installation Reference Using the Registry Editor. There is no registry entry @ HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE : \Software\Microsoft\Windows\Installer\InProgress
    5. Tried to restart the Windows Installer service. Even when running Services as admin, Windows 10 will not allow me to stop, start or restart service.
    6. Ran System File Checker in CMD.exe "sfc /scannow". Initially error detected and fixed, but this didn't solve my problem. Rebooted. Ran again, same problem.
    7. Ran "DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth" in CMD.exe. Then ran "sfc /scannow" again. This didn't solve my problem.
    8. Ran Installation Troubleshooting app from Microsoft. Found a problem, this actually allowed me to uninstall the program. Now the program is uninstalled.
    9. Downloaded a fresh installation file from the Playstation website, same problem, it states the Windows Installer is already running.
    10. Ran install file as Administrator, same problem.

I'm sort of at a loss for what to do next. Thank you for any help anyone can offer.

:)

esornad, Nov 12, 2020

2. Can't install Oblivion: Data Error

The crc error is kind-of a developer's fault which happens if you install the game on a system where it had already been installed and uninstalled before. It had happened to me personally and my disk is fine...

To manage without having to reinstall windows, try it - at the best you'd save buying a new disk and at the worst it might not work and no harm would be done...

1.) Go to Add/remove programs and uninstall Oblivion (If it shows on the list). If the add/remove procedure results in an error - skip to the next step and continue as it will still remove the game with the remaining steps.

2.) After or If the uninstall finishes go to Start - Run - type regedit - hit Enter - click on the + sign next to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, click on the + sign next to SOFTWARE, click on the + sign next to BETHESDA SOFTWORKS, right click on Oblivion (if it is still there) and then delete.

3.)Now still in Regedit find HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Uninstall\{35CB6715-41F8-4F99-8881-6FC75BF054B0} and delete it the same way you deleted oblivion in the last step.(If it is still there - this is the uninstall key for add\remove programs)

4.)close regedit.

5.)Go into explorer find the C:\Program Files\Bethesda Softworks\Oblivion folder (if it is still there) and delete it.

6.)find the folder C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\My Games\Oblivion (Substitute your username for USERNAME) and delete it (Again if it is still there)

By doing this it will delete all traces of the game from your computer.

Now you can install the game *Smile Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10 :) hopefully without getting crc problems.

If deleting the stuff from the registry doesn't work or you're still getting uninstallation errors, one way that I used to get around it was to go into Safe Mode and run the setup.exe file from the disc. IIRC it asks you if you want to reinstall the game...so go ahead and reinstall it.

Black Panther, Nov 12, 2020
  3. Cannot insta;; or uninstall programs it keeps saying a program already being installed!

Hi Brandi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community and thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

I will definitely assist you with the issue.

To understand the issue better, please provide us more information.

• Which program are you trying to uninstall?

• What is the exact issue with Office XP Student?
    The issue you are facing could be due to the program is running on desktop background. Let’s try simple troubleshooting steps and heck if it help in resolving the issue. Follow the below steps:

Step 1.

I suggest you to go to the task manager and check if the program is running on Windows back ground. Follow the below steps:

• Press CTRL+Shift+ESC to open Task manager.
    • Locate for the program which you are trying to uninstall.
    • Right click on it and click on End task.
    • Try uninstalling the program.
    If the issue still persist try the below steps.

Step 2.

I would recommend you to restart the computer and as soon as the computer boot up try uninstalling the programs.

If the above steps did not fix the issue try the below steps provided.

Step 3.

I suggest you to unregister and register the Windows installer and check if it helps. Follow the below steps:

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

• Click Start, click Run, type
      MSIEXEC /REGSERVER, and then click OK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.
    Hope this helps. Post us with the status we will be glad to help you.

Billion Debbarma, Nov 12, 2020
  4. Lavin00 Win User

Windows 10 : Error 1500 "Another Installation is in Progress you must complete the installation before continuing this one" when trying to install a program always appears.

Hi,

I have upgrade my windows 8.1 to windows 10 and I am getting Error 1500 "Another Installation is in Progress you must complete the installation before continuing this one" when trying to install a program always appears.

I have tried with suggested solutions for different previous windows version with no success.

I am out of ideas. Any help would be appreciated.

Regards

Bahman

Lavin00, Nov 12, 2020
Thema:

1. Error 1500 - Trying to install or uninstall a program in Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Error 1500 Trying

2. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 1500 another installation is in progress: getting this error here is a Screenshot trying to install the legacy Razer Synapse 2.0 so I can use the Orbweaver peripheral, none of the solutions I've seen on Google worked for me as I don't have any other installs going or setups in Task Manager nor any of the listed...
  3. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1500 another installation is in progress: getting this error here is a Screenshot trying to install the legacy Razer Synapse 2.0 so I can use the Orbweaver peripheral, none of the solutions I've seen on Google worked for me as I don't have any other installs going or setups in Task Manager nor any of the listed...
  4. Error 1500 another installation is in progress

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I'm trying to uninstall programs and nothing is uninstalling.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I'm trying to uninstall programs and nothing is uninstalling.: Recently I was uninstalling a lot of video game-related things like Steam, Origin, etc. I have a different computer I use for games now. As I was trying to uninstall one of them, I think something glitched because now nothing I try and uninstall will uninstall anymore. It...
  6. Uninstalling Program error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Uninstalling Program error: Hopefully I can explain this properly. Also, I recognize there were many dumb decisions on my part through this whole ordeal. I needed to find a driver for a MIDI device that I wanted to use on my pc. the MIDI device is old and it required a product key in order to use....
  7. Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Catastrophic error message when trying to uninstall a program.: I am trying to uninstall a PC game, Europa Universalis III off of my desktop computer, which uses Windows 10 for its operating system. However, I get a pop up error message preventing me from uninstalling. Here is a screenshot, showing the error message that occurs. Any...
  8. Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Error When Running/Installing/Uninstalling programs: When I try to do anything such as install something from adobes, uninstall anything or just try and open a game sometimes, my computer pops up an error saying the file location of what I am doing then "A device attached to the system is not functioning." The only things I...
  9. Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Unable to install or uninstall programs with Windows 10: Whenever I try to install a program, I click on the setup exe that I just downloaded and I get an error message that says "Windows cannot find (the .exe) make sure you typed the name correctly, and try again" When I try to uninstall a program, I get an error message that...
  10. windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows installer repeatedly tries to install an uninstalled program: When running certain programs which were running under windows7 on another computer and are now uninstalled are now attempting to reinstall with windows installer over and over again. It gets interrupted with an error message and then starts all over again. The program...