Windows 10: Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

Discus and support Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to remove older software on my Windows 10 system and received the error message that "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 49ersKCChief01, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

I tried to remove older software on my Windows 10 system and received the error message that "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." Also, when I attempted to remove an older version of tax software I received error code 1601.

I have executed the notes about run msiexec.exe /unreg and run msiexec.exe /regserver then rebooted with not impact.

What are all of the steps that can be taken?

:)

49ersKCChief01, Jan 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

1. Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System - Similar Threads - Error 1601 Installer

2. Removing unknown program from startup Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing unknown program from startup Windows 10: Hi, I checked my startup programs on Task Manager and found "Program" enabled. The command line column shows ["C:\Program" Files\Teams Installer\Teams.exe--checkInstall --source=PROPLUS]. I have Teams installed on my computer. How do I remove this or I shouldn't?...
  3. Adding A Software Program From Network

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Adding A Software Program From Network: We recently bought a new cumputer to add to our network at work. It came with the Windows 1903 update. I was able to add our printer via network connection without issue. However, I cannot find the link in the Programs & Features section to “Add Program From Network” that all...
  4. Unable to remove ads from lock screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove ads from lock screen on Windows 10: I have already unchecked the option below and they're still there and I cannot find any other solution online. Seems like this should be so simple, so it is very frustrating. Thank you for your help. [img] 125611
  5. Remove Ad Choice from computer

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Remove Ad Choice from computer: Remove Ad Choice https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/remove-ad-choice-from-computer/de937ea9-a361-43f2-9104-62c30c73946e"
  6. WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    WINDOWS 10 - Unable to remove legit programs from Quarantine: Dear MS, (and the community), Right off of the bat, I am going to tell you I am absolutely LIVID at Windows king Defender under Windows 10 and it's running amok and controlling with MY files. I had set up all my exclusions across several drives and disabled Windows Defender...
  7. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....
  8. Windows 10 Pro - AD removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro - AD removal: Is there a good program for Ad removal on search engines? I going nuts closing them all the time! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-pro-ad-removal/d4c74671-e87f-4080-bb89-63a6942fec67
  9. Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?: I am referring to this tool. 10096
  10. Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.

in Windows 10 News
    Want to remove the ads from Solitaire in Windows 10? That'll be $1.49.: Microsoft is once again bundling Solitaire with Windows, but if you want an ad-free experience then that's going to cost you. The app in question is the Microsoft Solitaire app, and as first reported by PC World, the app prompts users to "upgrade" to the premium version...