Windows 10: Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

Discus and support Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I tried to remove older software on my Windows 10 system and received the error message that "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by 49ersKCChief01, Jan 31, 2020.

1. Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

I tried to remove older software on my Windows 10 system and received the error message that "The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed. This can occur if the Windows Installer is not correctly installed. Contact your support personnel for assistance." Also, when I attempted to remove an older version of tax software I received error code 1601.

I have executed the notes about run msiexec.exe /unreg and run msiexec.exe /regserver then rebooted with not impact.

What are all of the steps that can be taken?

:)

49ersKCChief01, Jan 31, 2020

2. Windows 10 installing progs

I decided to take the plunge and upgrade to windows 10 from 7. I used the Media Creation Tool from MS website. It took awhile, but I am finally running Windows 10 (12-14).

I opened the new App & Program feature to remove programs that I no longer needed. Scrolling down the list, I was horrified! Apps that I didn't install somehow magically installed themselves. Two programs stood out: Facebook and Candy Crush Soda Saga. Both programs have those tale-tale icons that they came from Windows Store (which I've never even opened). The install date for both of them were on 12-26.

Is this a common thing for Windows 10? Or is it because I did an upgrade and not a clean install?

GoFigureItOut, Jan 31, 2020
  3. Windows 10 installing progs

You did an upgrade.

eidairaman1, Jan 31, 2020
  4. Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jan 31, 2020
Thema:

Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System

1. Error 1601 from Windows Installer in either adding or removing programs Windows 10 System - Similar Threads - Error 1601 Installer

2. Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows: Hi. When I turn on my laptop W11 I am asked to select the MS account I want to use e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and enter a PIN Windows Hello, I think it's called.How do I remove this MS account from the Windows start-up? I have been into system options,...
  3. Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Adding and Removing MS Accounts from Windows: Hi. When I turn on my laptop W11 I am asked to select the MS account I want to use e.g. *** Email address is removed for privacy ***, and enter a PIN Windows Hello, I think it's called.How do I remove this MS account from the Windows start-up? I have been into system options,...
  4. Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Added SSD to system and installed windows 10. However all programs that I want to leave on...: Hi, so I have just installed a small SSD into my PC with the view of running the OS from that and leaving all my existing programs and data on my 1T HDD. I read that the best way to do this is to do a clean install of Windows 10 on the SSD which I have now done and got...
  5. Program for Adding Drivers to Windows 10 Installation Media

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Program for Adding Drivers to Windows 10 Installation Media: I recently upgraded my PC, and the Windows 10 installation media did not have some of the drivers on it. I want to create an installation (on a USB) that contains those drivers integrated into the Windows 10 install. I used to use a program like nLite for doing this, but I do...
  6. Removing unknown program from startup Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Removing unknown program from startup Windows 10: Hi, I checked my startup programs on Task Manager and found "Program" enabled. The command line column shows ["C:\Program" Files\Teams Installer\Teams.exe--checkInstall --source=PROPLUS]. I have Teams installed on my computer. How do I remove this or I shouldn't?...
  7. Unable to remove ads from lock screen on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Unable to remove ads from lock screen on Windows 10: I have already unchecked the option below and they're still there and I cannot find any other solution online. Seems like this should be so simple, so it is very frustrating. Thank you for your help. [img] 125611
  8. Error 1601 Microsoft Installer

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Error 1601 Microsoft Installer: I can download but not install my new software program. Message says there is an issue with Microsoft Installer, error code 1601. How do I fix this? When I click on follow these steps I am taken to Quicken website with no help for this problem. Thanks....
  9. Windows 10 Pro - AD removal

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Windows 10 Pro - AD removal: Is there a good program for Ad removal on search engines? I going nuts closing them all the time! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-networking/windows-10-pro-ad-removal/d4c74671-e87f-4080-bb89-63a6942fec67
  10. Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Does the windows 10 installation tool remove programs?: I am referring to this tool. 10096