Windows 10: Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator

Discus and support Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Have used Paralles to get Windows 10 on my Imac so that I could then install all my Flight Sim X files. Only get part way when the 1628 code comes up.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by BernardGreeer, Nov 15, 2018.

1. Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator

Have used Paralles to get Windows 10 on my Imac so that I could then install all my Flight Sim X files.

Only get part way when the 1628 code comes up. I cannot bring up the idrive.exe and msiexec.exe files to end the process as suggested as in step 3 of suggested fixes.

I think Paralles might have some how prevented access to these on the Processes tab under Task Manager.

Might be that some one has managed to sort this?

***Original title: Error 1628***

:)

BernardGreeer, Nov 15, 2018

2. Flight Simulator installation Error 1628: Failed to complete Installation

I follow every step as you ask but I’m still getting the 1628 error for flight simulator Deluxe Edition

bebesarahGHAZAL, Nov 15, 2018
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator issue after Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi Rahul,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to completely uninstall Microsoft Flight Simulator and check.

Refer the steps below to uninstall.

• Press “Windows key + X”, select Control panel.
    • Open programs and features.
    • In the list of installed programs, select Microsoft Flight Simulator, and then click
      Remove.

Note: If you have earlier versions of Flight Simulator in the list of installed programs, you will have to remove them in addition to Flight Simulator.

Reinstall the Flight Simulator.

Please reply to us if the issue still persist.

ThofikhAhamad, Nov 15, 2018
  4. Stu##() Win User

Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator

Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition

I cannot get Flight Simulator X Deluxe Edition to install! keep getting 1628 error message - it installed OK in Windows 8.1

Stu##(), Nov 15, 2018
Thema:

Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator

1. Error 1628 : While installing Flight Simulator - Similar Threads - Error 1628 While

2. Cant install flight simulator

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Cant install flight simulator: FS cant be installed, it looks like it was stuck for an hour now, how to push the installation? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-flight-simulator/1b8a609f-c4ed-4eee-bdcc-31946afa21c1
  3. Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 installation error

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator 2020 installation error: Hi, I've recently purchased the premium deluxe version of the game on CD version and I'm trying to install it to a brand new computer. The problem is that once the installation of DVD2 finishes, it asks to insert 'disk 3 that contains the file data4.cab'. Once DVD3 is...
  4. Error when installing Flight Simulator X

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error when installing Flight Simulator X: I am having problems installing FSX. Everything happens fine until the end of the installation, already with disk 2, it asks to "Insert the disk" but does not specify which disk is. follows an image to see the error. what can it be?[ATTACH]...
  5. Microsoft Flight Simulator: Installation Error

Microsoft Flight Simulator: Installation Error: I purchased a phisical copy of Microsoft Flight Simulator last September. Last week my PC crashed after an automatic Windows update, so I had to reinstall Windows and all the programs from scratch. However, I cannot install MSFS because in CD 2 which has no scratch or any...
  6. flight simulator installation

in Windows 10 Gaming
    flight simulator installation: I cannot install MSFS2020 on my computer. I purchased the Premium Deluxe version, but when I click on install/play, nothing happens. Please help! https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-installation/e9a1f56c-4c61-4b15-9ee3-4103c5e9f937
  7. Cannot install Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Cannot install Flight Simulator: I cannot install Flight Simulator because X-Plane 11 installer keeps crashing. I did everything I can to fix it such as disabled Firewall and updated drivers, nothing helps...
  8. Flight simulator installation

Flight simulator installation: I have a HP Notebook with windows 10 version 1809 install... I would like to install my Microsoft Flight simulator 2004...Is this possible. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/flight-simulator-installation/bcc40392-8c33-4e16-89d0-c16ec489a950
  9. Microsoft flight simulator X activation issue and installation error code: 1628.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft flight simulator X activation issue and installation error code: 1628.: I have flight simulator on my pc but it plays for 30 minutes and asks for activation but it does not bring up a screen to enter activation into. I have tried re-installing but it gives me error code 1628 and will not reinstall. I have tried every fix on the net but still no...
  10. Microsoft Flight Simulator X Installation Errors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Flight Simulator X Installation Errors: Hi, I recently reset my entire computer, and for whatever reason, I am not able to install Flight Simulator X anymore, even though it worked perfectly fine before the reset. I'm on Windows 10, and I've been receiving the errors 1722 and/or 1603. Please help as soon as...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. installing flight stimulator game and getting code 1628