Windows 10: Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2

Discus and support Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have 50 HP Elite Mini 800 G9 Desktop PCs as well as Surface Pro 7 Windows 10 on 21H2 not accepting installations of applications that are MSI... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Stidam, Jun 28, 2022.

1. Stidam Win User

Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2

I have 50 HP Elite Mini 800 G9 Desktop PCs as well as Surface Pro 7 Windows 10 on 21H2 not accepting installations of applications that are MSI package. More specifically getting errors installing Remotely Anywhere version 11 & CCURE 9000 ver 2.8. Applications work on all other Windows 10 systems but this newer hardware we have received getting failures. Please let me know what has changed as these are critical applications that need to be installed on the systems. I have tried updating latest cumulative updates as well as registry entries under MSI.Package\shell

:)

Stidam, Jun 28, 2022

2. Windows Installer Error: This installation package cannot be opened.

Hi AJ,

Thank you for posting in Community.

We are glad to provide the assistance required to help you answer your query.

The above error can occur if the locally cached Windows Installer package (*.msi) file is damaged or corrupted.

To rectify the above, I suggest that you try the steps mentioned below and check if you are able to install the software successfully.

• Open the \Windows\Installer folder on your computer's hard disk.
    • Right-click any file with an .msi extension.
    • Click Properties on the shortcut menu. The
      Subject
      box on the Summary tab contains the name of the product that installed the .msi file.
    • Repeat steps 2 and 3 for each .msi file in the \Installer folder, and delete the .msi file for the software that you are trying to install.

Hope this helps

Vanessa Sohtun, Jun 28, 2022
  3. olit2000 Win User
    msi package cannot be installed

When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package.
    This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2755." when I hit the "install" button.

I have captured the most verbose log I could get and posted it here:
    https://pastebin.com/PZSRQgwy

It seems that the installer is unable to read the msi file.

What I have already tried:

• rebooting
    • re-registering msiexec with msiexec /unreg and msiexec /regserv
    • sfc /scannow
    • this troubleshooter: MicrosoftProgram_Install_and_Uninstall.meta.diagcab
    • give everyone full r/w permission to the msi file and parent folder

I run win 10 home build 1809 with all available updates

my av is avast

I have no clue what could have coused this error because a month ago it did work

olit2000, Jun 28, 2022
  4. Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 28, 2022
Thema:

Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2

1. Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2 - Similar Threads - Error 1920 Service

2. .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .msi extension "Window Installer Package" Can they be removed or not: I need to cleanup disk space and these are large files.Windows 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/msi-extension-window-installer-package-can-they-be/c62f72c6-b5e2-4346-91d9-a8fcaad4c314
  3. Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2: I have 50 HP Elite Mini 800 G9 Desktop PCs as well as Surface Pro 7 Windows 10 on 21H2 not accepting installations of applications that are MSI package. More specifically getting errors installing Remotely Anywhere version 11 & CCURE 9000 ver 2.8. Applications work on all...
  4. Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Error 1920.Service when installing MSI package on Windows 10 21H2: I have 50 HP Elite Mini 800 G9 Desktop PCs as well as Surface Pro 7 Windows 10 on 21H2 not accepting installations of applications that are MSI package. More specifically getting errors installing Remotely Anywhere version 11 & CCURE 9000 ver 2.8. Applications work on all...
  5. Unexpected installer error 2502 and 2503 when try to install from MSI package

Unexpected installer error 2502 and 2503 when try to install from MSI package: I recently fresh installed Windows 10 21H1 Build 19043.928 64 bit. I detected a known issue “unexpected installer error 2502 and 2503” . This error only showing when I try to install MSI package of some software such as 7-zip, Firefox, PowerShell Core Github, but when I...
  6. Error 1920 When Installing

Error 1920 When Installing: I have a program that keeps throwing an "Error 1920" halfway through the install. I have double checked that it can install on another one of my computers but not this one. I have repaired all issues with Installing & Un-installing, and also fixed all "Registry" Issues. What...
  7. Getting Error 1920 When installing drobo Dashboard on Windows 10

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Getting Error 1920 When installing drobo Dashboard on Windows 10: Getting the above error saying I do not have privilege when I aam the admin https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/getting-error-1920-when-installing-drobo-dashboard/7041a94f-90bd-413d-9737-9242e885b9c2
  8. Error 0x80070643 - MSI package

Error 0x80070643 - MSI package: I'm getting this: Error 0x80070643 when I try to install an audio software called Sonarworks Reference 4. I'm at windows 10 and my system is up to date. It has to do with the MSI package as these lines of the log file indicates: Error 0x80070643: Failed to install MSI...
  9. Install msi program error: Error 1720.There is a problem with this windows Installer package .

Install msi program error: Error 1720.There is a problem with this windows Installer package .: [ATTACH] Install msi program error: Error 1720.There is a problem with this windows Installer package .A script required for this install to complete could not be run. Contact your support personnel or package vendor. Can't find any way to solve this fault, please give a...
  10. msi package cannot be installed

msi package cannot be installed: When I try to install any msi-based program (in my case VirtualBox but also 7zip) I get following error messages: "the system could not open the specified device or file." and then "the installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a...