Windows 10: error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue

Discus and support error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; I submitted this on a forum but I cannot find it now. The computer is hp probook 600 G1 SSF. Suffered a power outage during an update download. When I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by greenbriar, Jun 18, 2020.

1. error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue

I submitted this on a forum but I cannot find it now. The computer is hp probook 600 G1 SSF. Suffered a power outage during an update download. When I attempted a reboot I got the following message: "1999 mbr is changed. Press any key to continue" Pressed the key and found myself in system restore mode. Startup was attempted but could not be completed. Found instructions for mbr repair on another computer and went into Command Line mode. Typed "bootrec /fixnbr" and got message "The procedure completed successfully." Typed "bootrec /fixboot". and got the message: "Element not found." I searched for further instructions and have not found anything yet. What do I do now?

Bob Tomas

:)

greenbriar, Jun 18, 2020
  2. manofthem Win User

Booting without press any key

@dhievm go ahead and list the model number that gives exact specs/info.

Does it stop right at the Toshiba logo and sit there? Will it sit forever til you press a key, or will it eventually work after so long?

manofthem, Jun 18, 2020
  3. xtreme1 Win User
    Error: 0FL01 Press 1 to continue

Well I did my first flash with AtiFlash 3.60 and it all turned out well enough considering I am still sitting here looking at the screen with something on it. what do wrong is what I'd like to know and can I fix what I broke. I came out with this error saying 0FL01 Press 1 to continue. I think I ran out of room on my old floppy drive 1.44MB. I'd like to do it again with a bootable thumb drive. Anything else I should do.

xtreme1, Jun 18, 2020
  4. error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue

Shift Key and Number key cannot be pressed at the same time.

Hello,

There are several factors why you are unable to use the shortcut keys function such as keyboard settings, or if there is an issue with the keyboard itself. To help you resolve this, kindly try the following suggestions:

• You might have selected an input language other than English. To work around with this, go to
      Control Panel > Region and Language and check. You can also check if your keyboard has a language selection available that may need to be changed.
    • We suggest as well that you reset the keyboard layout by reinstalling the language and check if it fixes the issue. Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows+R keys and type intl.cpl. Hit Enter.
    • Go to Administrative tab and click on
      Change system locale
      button.
    • Select the correct language and country from the drop-down box.
    • Navigate to the location tab and check if region settings are appropriate.
    • Apply the changes and Windows will require a reboot.

Inform us for any updates regarding the issue so we can assist you further.

Regene Jos, Jun 18, 2020
Thema:

error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue

1. error 1999; mbr is changed. Press any key to continue - Similar Threads - error 1999 mbr

2. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

in Windows 10 Gaming
    W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  3. W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    W key continuously repeating on its own without pressing any keys: I am running windows 11 home version on an acer desktop and since yesterday I started having an issue where the W key is stuck and continuously repeating any time I open a page where there is space to type. I thought it was an issue with the keyboard itself so I swapped it...
  4. continuous pressing of keys not working in WIN11

continuous pressing of keys not working in WIN11: Hi, In win 11 continuous pressing of keys is not working. e.g. when we try to move cursor in excel between 5-10 columns by pressing down arrow keys, it is not moving. is there any solution?...
  5. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 Gaming
    No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  6. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

No boot device found. Press any key to continue: I was working in my laptop and suddenly BSOD came and then when it automatically rebooted this screen came picture attached below of error screen this have happened with me many times, I always go to advance option and then go for system restore point but after few weeks it...
  7. No boot device found. Press any key to continue

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Windows works if any key continuously pressed

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows works if any key continuously pressed: Since this morning, Windows laptop turning off after booting. if any key pressed continuously, windows running smoothly. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-works-if-any-key-continuously-pressed/7922e7bc-21ae-493b-b610-03d50f3c175a
  9. Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Press any key to continue" in Flight Simulator: Split from this thread. Hi Nathan, Just had a breakthrough. I used the recommended from Flightsimulator.zendesk.com which was If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following: In the Windows search...
  10. Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Stuck on "Press any Key to Continue": Split from this thread. Hi Nathan, Just had a breakthrough. I used the recommended from Flightsimulator.zendesk.com which was If you are experiencing slow download speed when downloading Microsoft Flight Simulator, please do the following: In the Windows search...