Windows 10: Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...

Discus and support Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database... in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Materials Studio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error/9a5d7489-dfc1-44c4-9442-d957e9ba2778 Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Lin Fang1, May 30, 2023.

1. Lin Fang1 Win User

Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...

Materials Studio

:)

Lin Fang1, May 30, 2023
  2. Pz Sniper Win User

Error 2203. Database C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147287037.

I've just installed windows and now afetr 5 days this error suddenly happen, i cannot install anything! Please help!

Error 2203. Database: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147287037.

Already tried this

Method 1: Follow the steps below and check if it helps.

1. Go to Start.
    2. Type %temp% in the search box and then click the Temp folder item that appears at the top.
    3. At the top of the Explorer window, in the address bar, click the folder to the left of Temp in the folder path (Local by default).
    4. In the folder list, right-click the Temp folder and then click Properties and then click the Security tab.
    5. Click the Edit button and on the next screen click Add.
    6. On the next screen, in the large text window type Everyone and then click Check Names - Everyone should then be underlined.
    7. Check the box for Full control under the Allow column, and then click OK, then OK again, and OK again to close all the windows.
    Method 2:

Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer.

a. ClickStart, click Run, type “msiexec /unregister” (without quotes), and then clickOK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs.

b. ClickStart, click Run, type “msiexec /regserver” (without quotes), and then clickOK. Even if you do this correctly, it may look like nothing occurs, or you may briefly see an hourglass. After you run this command, the operation is complete.

c. Try to install the programs you wish to install and check.

BUT IT WONT RESOLVE!

Also checked system variables are OK

SYSTEM has Full Control to the following folders as well as their subfolders and files:

C:\Windows\Installer

C:\Windows\Temp

HELP... i cannot reinstall now pelase...

Pz Sniper, May 30, 2023
  3. DRDNA Win User
    Recover access database

Did you try this yet? http://support.microsoft.com/kb/283849

Run the Compact and Repair utility. To do so, follow these steps:
    • If the database is open, close it.
    • On the Tools menu, point to Database Utilities, and then click Compact and Repair Database.
    • In the Database to Compact From dialog box, select the file that you want to compact, and then click Compact.
    • In the Compact Database Into dialog box, enter a new file name, and then click Save.

If the compact and repair does not succeed, you will receive a message stating so. This means the damage is so severe that it cannot be corrected.

DRDNA, May 30, 2023
  4. Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...

Access database error "Unable to open connection to database" in Windows 10 only

Thank you for your suggestions. I did both steps as indicated but had the same result.

I have Quickbooks 2015 which apparently also uses the access database and it works correctly on the Windows 10 machine. Not sure if this information helps or not.

Steve

StevenJessup, May 30, 2023
Thema:

Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...

1. Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database... - Similar Threads - Error 2203 Database

2. Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinsta llinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 2203.Database:C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinsta llinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...: Materials Studio https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error/9a5d7489-dfc1-44c4-9442-d957e9ba2778
  3. Error 2203. Database C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 2203. Database C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...: I've just installed windows and now afetr 5 days this error suddenly happen, i cannot install anything! Please help!Error 2203. Database: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147287037.Already tried thisMethod 1: Follow the...
  4. Error 2203. Database C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 2203. Database C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database...: I've just installed windows and now afetr 5 days this error suddenly happen, i cannot install anything! Please help!Error 2203. Database: C:\WINDOWS\Installer\inprogressinstallinfo.ipi. Cannot open database file. System error -2147287037.Already tried thisMethod 1: Follow the...
  5. Access database error

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Access database error: I have an Access database, that I am running in Access from a O365 subscription. No one else accesses my database. I have a transaction function that executes an update statement when the main form loads. After that, I cannot do anything because I get a "You do not have...
  6. Database Exception error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Database Exception error: Using Windows 10 I wrote a small database program a long while back and compiled it on Windows XP. I have been using it on Windows 7 after I installed the runtime. So, I installed the runtime on Windows 10. Still, I am getting this exception: ************** Exception...
  7. Updating database error

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Updating database error: I'd like to know why does it keep popping up that I need to fix database update error when I just got this CPU in May: It also had me doing update on certain social media apps on the daily. But yes, how do I update any database errors ( the simplest way please) on a Windows...
  8. database error

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    database error: potential database error detected do troubleshoot does not fix problem https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/database-error/a5ea2e20-50f2-4dcc-917c-be2eeae658d4
  9. Access database error "Unable to open connection to database" in Windows 10 only

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Access database error "Unable to open connection to database" in Windows 10 only: I have a Visual Studio application that was custom written many years ago for me. It uses the Microsoft Access database (.mdb). In all previous version of Windows (XP to 7) it functions perfectly, In Windows 10 I get an error message "Unable to open connection to database"....
  10. database error

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    database error: Error Number: 42000/105 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/database-error/effb10bb-c088-4809-a681-9b841d24d4eb