Windows 10: Error 25541. Failed to open XML file...

Discus and support Error 25541. Failed to open XML file... in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; Get this "Error 25541. Failed to open XML file C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config. system error: - 2147024786" while... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by glenjohnson3, Feb 12, 2020.

1. Error 25541. Failed to open XML file...

Get this "Error 25541. Failed to open XML file C:\windows\Microsoft.NET\framework\v2.0.50727\CONFIG\machine.config. system error: - 2147024786" while trying to install Hallmark card studio deluxe. Brand new Windows 10 fully up to date. Can't seem to find an answer how to solve this in windows 10.

:)

glenjohnson3, Feb 12, 2020

2. error 25541

I am trying to install Hallmark Card Studio Deluxe (2017) and I get the following error:
    Error 25541. Failed to open XML file C:\windows\microsoft.net\framework\v2.0.50727\config\machine.config, system error: -2147024786". Hallmark tech support had me try an number of things like trying
    to update framework but I still get the error. He also had me try the website download version but that didn't work either. I just got a new computer and am running Windows 10 Home. Can you help?

[Moved from:Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures]

BruceEhlers, Feb 12, 2020
  3. I can not open the xml files with the xml editor

When I double click on a .xml file an error message is appearing that there is no appropriate program to open this kind of files. I tried to match the xml editor program with the files having a .xml extension and this didn't work too.

Please tell me a way to pair the xml file editor with the .xml extension files.

Aristoklis, Feb 12, 2020
  4. Error 25541. Failed to open XML file...

Problem when opening a XML file

Hi Roberto - From another source I received a suggestion to open the offending file in Wordpad and to save it as an Office Open XML document which would have an extension of '.xml.doc' then remove the '.doc' part

That idea unfortunately hasn't worked for me. Having saved the file as suggested I then tried to open it. In Internet Explorer and MS Edge I get a completely blank page. In Notepad, Wordpad or Office XML Handler (which uses Notepad) I just get unintelligible
    "mumbo jumbo". In XML Notepad it states "Data at the root level is invalid Line 1 Position 1 and asks if I wish to open it using Notepad. Answering yes just results in "mumbo jumbo" as before.

The file only opens correctly in Word 2016, (i.e. showing all the elements etc.) but if I try to open any of the other XML files using Word, I get a message that "The file contains custom XML elements that are no longer supported in Word. Saving the fie will
    remove these elements permanently", and only the data for each element is shown for these files and there is no sign of the various elements themselves.

Don't know if any of the above gives some indication of what is wrong, but it's all very frustrating . Can't help feeling that it is something very simple! I would stress that the other four xml files used by the program all open properly in a Edge window

Peternosmas, Feb 12, 2020
Thema:

Error 25541. Failed to open XML file...

1. Error 25541. Failed to open XML file... - Similar Threads - Error 25541 Failed

2. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer: .XMl Files wont stop opening in internet explorer on windows 10 Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-files-wont-stop-opening-in-internet-explorer/90c020fe-a94a-42fe-bd68-701373a8356d
  3. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer: .XMl Files wont stop opening in internet explorer on windows 10 Help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/xml-files-wont-stop-opening-in-internet-explorer/90c020fe-a94a-42fe-bd68-701373a8356d
  4. .XML files wont stop opening in Internet explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. download .xml file

download .xml file: I am unable to download .xml files and changing the setting doesn't work/ https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/download-xml-file/e09a3a25-3436-4466-8f2a-918f6ece0a21
  6. XML Files

XML Files: Hi folks! Just registered to this forum and glad to have found it. So I was installing Ubuntu on my computer which already had windows 10.I wanted to have a dual OS. Things went south and windows got deleted/ over written or whatever. I used a hard drive recovery device to...
  7. Can't open, edit and save xml files

Can't open, edit and save xml files: Hello I have som xml files i want to edit, but for some reason my pc dont let choose what program i want to open the xml files with. It only show "open" and not "open with" notepad. Then i forced it to open it with notepad by making it default for xml files. Then i was able...
  8. xml error

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    xml error: When doing a scan with free version of Spybot I get the message (in bold) below about file 180702-213610.xml. Has been on the 'cleaner' page for a few days. What is 180702-213610.xml? Is it a virus? Has it been cleaned based on note in green below? I use Webroot...
  9. Problem when opening xml file

Problem when opening xml file: I have a small program, which uses a number of xml files. The program is not working properly and I suspect that is due to a problem with one of the xml files. When I click on any except one of those files it opens in a MS Edge (the default Windows 10 browser) window and all...
  10. MP4 file opens on personal laptop as XML Document file

in Windows 10 Support
    MP4 file opens on personal laptop as XML Document file: I downloaded an MP4 video file on my work laptop (Windows 7) and was able to open and watch it on Windows Media Player. I copied the file onto an external memory drive to watch the video at home but when I open the drive on my personal laptop (Windows 10) the file changes...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. erreur 25541

2. windows error 25541

3. error 25541 failed to open xml file office 2010 Windows 10

4. error 25541 failed to open xml file office 2010,
  5. failed to open xml file,
  6. error 25541 failed