Windows 10: Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation

Discus and support Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation in Windows 10 News to solve the problem; [ATTACH] When you try to install any program on your Windows 10 computer, you might get an Error 2753. Sometimes, the packages are corrupt, or maybe... Discussion in 'Windows 10 News' started by WinClub, Oct 11, 2018.

1. WinClub New Member

Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation

WinClub, Oct 11, 2018
  2. JimOet Win User

Installer error 2753

Thank you for the suggestion. I have contacted Garmin... sent the log files. They refuse to even look at them claiming it's a Microsoft issue (error 2753) and I should have my system examined by a Microsoft Certified Professional. Not a big help.

Is there anyway to get someone to look at the log files and at least give me a hint?

Thank you.

JimOet, Oct 11, 2018
  3. error 2753 preventing from installing

Hi,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. I understand that you are getting an error message “The installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate a problem with this package. The error code is 2753.” I will
    surely help you to fix this issue.

• Have you made any changes to the computer prior to this issue?

This might be either due to some issues with the Windows Installer service or it might be an issue with the package that you have downloaded. So, I would suggest you to try downloading the package again and then try installing it.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Check the Windows Installer Service

• Press Windows + R keys and type
      service.msc.

• In the Service window scroll down and find the
      Windows Installer service. Double-click
      Windows Installer
      in the Services list to open its properties window.

• On the General tab, make sure the service is
      started under Service status.

• If the service was stopped, under
      Service status
      , then start the service by clicking on the Start button, and then click
      OK.
    Step 2: Unregister and re-register the Windows Installer

• Press Windows + R to open
      Run.

• In the run type the following command and click on
      OK
    MSIEXEC /UNREGISTER

• Press Windows + R to open
      Run.

• In the run type the following command and click on
      OK
    MSIEXEC /REGSERVER

• Now, try installing the package again and check.

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Oct 11, 2018
  4. Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation

Error 2753

It still says the same thing when I try to repair it or try to remove it "The Installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate the problem with this package. The error code is 2753" Please help!

Nicholas Chartrand, Oct 11, 2018
Thema:

Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation

1. Error 2753, The file is not marked for installation - Similar Threads - Error 2753 file

2. Tick mark files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Tick mark files: All the folders and files in documents are added to desktop they contain tick mark.how remove them from desktop without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tick-mark-files/ff1acae7-55b6-495b-b2e5-081eed3e3874
  3. Tick mark files

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Tick mark files: All the folders and files in documents are added to desktop they contain tick mark.how remove them from desktop without deleting them https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/tick-mark-files/ff1acae7-55b6-495b-b2e5-081eed3e3874
  4. Minecraft Error 2753

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Minecraft Error 2753: Bonjour,Il y a quelques mois j'ai désinstallé Minecraft de mon PC par manque d'espace et ce non pas par le MinecraftInstaller.msi mais manuellement en supprimant le Launcher et le .minecraft.Aujourd'hui étant revenu de vacances et souhaitant y rejouer je décide de...
  5. Error 2753 for AMD Ryzen Master

Error 2753 for AMD Ryzen Master: Hello there, I am having issues when trying to re-install the AMD Ryzen Master application. I receive the error code 2753, the file 'setup.exe' is not maked for installation. The things I have tried are below. - Clearing the TEMP folder found at %TEMP%. - Using CCleaner to...
  6. Red X marks in File Explorer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Red X marks in File Explorer: My old computer and new computer are both running Windows 10. But on the new one I find two things that are not on the older one. 1 OneDrive seems to be built in. 2 Many files and folders show up in File Explorer with red X marks beside them. So I have two questions: 1...
  7. Is there a way to "mark" files?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Is there a way to "mark" files?: I downloaded a lot of mp3 files that I'm going to listen through, but I find it really difficult to keep track of where I last was, for example if I'm on episode 23, and I come back a week later I won't remember where I was and I will have to go through a few of them before I...
  8. check marks and x's in file explorer?

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    check marks and x's in file explorer?: What are the check marks and x's at the corner of files? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/check-marks-and-xs-in-file-explorer/f5c7e789-752f-420e-9914-97a028e6896e"
  9. Error 2753

Error 2753: I wanted to download Minecraft Java Edition for windows and then it gives me the option to repair it or remove it and when I click any of them I get the message "The Installer has encountered an unexpected error installing this package. This may indicate the problem with this...
  10. Marking files

in Windows 10 Support
    Marking files: Hello all, I was wondering if anyone could help with the following; I've downloaded a mod for a video game and long story short I have to manually move a number of files from one folder to another when I want to play with the mod, and then delete those files when I wish...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. ryzen master 2753

2. file is not marked for installation