Windows 10: Error 32 in Device Manager after disabling Intelppm (C states?)

Discus and support Error 32 in Device Manager after disabling Intelppm (C states?) in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm having some trouble disabling C-States. I have an Aurora R7 i7-8700 with a highly locked BIOS (v. 1.0.22); Intel SpeedStep and SpeedShift can be... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Dovid, Dec 5, 2020.

1. Dovid Win User

Error 32 in Device Manager after disabling Intelppm (C states?)

I'm having some trouble disabling C-States. I have an Aurora R7 i7-8700 with a highly locked BIOS (v. 1.0.22); Intel SpeedStep and SpeedShift can be disabled but there is no option for C-States. For those without the C-States option in BIOS several posts suggested to disable (value: 4) the registry key "Intelppm" from its manual state of 3, but after restart all cores under "Processors" in Device Manager show an Error 32 with the following message: "A driver (service) for this device has been disabled. An alternate driver may be providing this functionality. (Code 32)". I have many drivers disabled in registry but this is the only one to cause such an error. Currently Intelppm is set to 3 again and the Error 32 is gone. Would it be okay to ignore this error and disable Intelppm or must Intelppm be enabled?

:)

Dovid, Dec 5, 2020

2. Platform Power Management CapabilitiesError 32 in Device Manager after disabling Intelppm (C states?) :pCI Express Active-State Power Management (ASPM) Disabled

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern with the battery report. Active State Power Management or ASPM is a power management protocol used to manage PCI Express-based serial link devices as links become less active over time. It is normally used on laptops and
    other mobile Internet devices to extend battery life.

In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, please reply with the answers to the questions below.

• What is the make and model of the PC?
    • Are there any devices connected to the computer?

Please respond to the private message with the required information for further investigation. However, we would suggest you to perform these steps.

Change the advanced power plan settings.

1. Right click at Windows Start menu icon and select Control Panel.
    2. Set the View by to: Small icons.
    3. Click on Power Option, then click on Change plan setting.
    4. Select Changeadvanced power settings.
    5. Scroll down and expand PCI Express and
      Link State Power Management
    6. Change the option for both On battery
      and Plugged in to Maximum power savings.
    7. Then click Ok.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 5, 2020
  3. btarunr Win User
    Giga EX58 Extreme, C states will not disable

Open Control Panel > Power Options > Select the "High Performance" plan. It will override any hardware-level C-state management, and tell the processor to stay in its maximum performance C-state.

btarunr, Dec 5, 2020
  4. Error 32 in Device Manager after disabling Intelppm (C states?)

Error 32: Audio/Video Remote Control HID (PCI Device)

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand how difficult it can be when the feature does not work the way it is supposed to. We would like to know, what are the troubleshooting steps you performed so that we can guide you with the right steps? Also we would
    like to know the Windows version and built installed on the PC?

Basically, Code 32 indicated the start type for this driver is set to disabled in the registry. You can refer the

Device driver error code
    article for additional information about the cause of such error.

However, you can go ahead and try these steps and let us know the status.

Uninstall the HID Driver.

1. Press Windows + X key from the keyboard and select
      Device Manager.
    2. Expand HID device. Right click on the device listed with warning sign and select
      Uninstall device.
    3. You will receive a prompt, make sure you check the box for
      Delete the driver software. Then click OK.
    4. Please uninstall the device with the warning sign (PCI Device).
    5. Restart the PC and connect your IPhone and check the driver status.

Please reply us with the resolution, so that we can approach the issue with more clarity.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Dec 5, 2020
Thema:

Error 32 in Device Manager after disabling Intelppm (C states?)

1. Error 32 in Device Manager after disabling Intelppm (C states?) - Similar Threads - Error Device Manager

2. Power management / Disabling Devices

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Power management / Disabling Devices: Having a ridiculously annoying issue where a USB mouse on a laptop will turn itself off with power managementWHILE DEVICE IS IN USE. The temporary fix is to disable the power management but it continually turns itself off. we switched to Bluetooth devices due to the...
  3. Power management / Disabling Devices

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Power management / Disabling Devices: Having a ridiculously annoying issue where a USB mouse on a laptop will turn itself off with power managementWHILE DEVICE IS IN USE. The temporary fix is to disable the power management but it continually turns itself off. we switched to Bluetooth devices due to the...
  4. C Drive System 32 Error "Device is not ready"

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    C Drive System 32 Error "Device is not ready": How do i fix something that has to do with the c drive and system 32? When i download or change some settings on my pc that need Administrator privelleges it doesn't and the application freezes and for a moment you get an error that says "Device is Not Ready"I can't seem to...
  5. device manager disable

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    device manager disable: Hello, I have multiple microphones and speakers, it cause me some problems when connect to remote PC. I had disabled one microphone and one speaker in device manager, as shown in picture below : [ATTACH] but this not affecting anything, i still see the disabled devices...
  6. How to disable a device from device manager

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    How to disable a device from device manager: Hi I was wondering if there's any way to hide and disable or delete altogether a device from showing up in device manager. Maybe a registry hack? submitted by /u/xdrdaniel [link] [comments]...
  7. Monitors disabled in device manager

Monitors disabled in device manager: Hi, I have a tri-display setup with a Nvidia GTX 1050 Ti. Whenever Windows 10 goes to sleep and then turns back on, all 3 monitor profiles are disabled. Bit of a pain, because one of the monitor's gamma keeps getting reset. Anyway to stop it from disabling my monitors?...
  8. Bluetooth driver dissappeared from device manager after disabling it

Bluetooth driver dissappeared from device manager after disabling it: Device : Lenovo y50-70 i7-4710HQ, Gtx 860M, bluetooth was qualcomm atheros ar956x? I was testing out my new wireless earphones and after turning the bluetooth off (from the bluetooth settings found in the notification panel on the bottom right of windows 10) it would not...
  9. Device Manager Error

in Windows 10 Customization
    Device Manager Error: Hello, I have a problem with Device Manager! When I type "Device Manager" and open as normal it's appear this message down below, but when I open it from Control Panels, I can open normally. How to fix this? [ATTACH] Windows 10 Insider 1903 (Build 18346.1)...
  10. Device Manager item Code 32

Device Manager item Code 32: When I open DM, I see that the System Devices tree is expanded, and way down there is an item with a yellow ! triangle icon, for Remote Desktop Device Redirector Bus. Clicking on it, it says Code 32 (that there's a driver or service disabled). I don't see any errors in any of...