Windows 10: Error 38 Windows 10 USB DVD

Discus and support Error 38 Windows 10 USB DVD in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I am running Windows 10 Home 1809 OS Build 17763.253 with all appropriate KB's but my USB DVD constantly causes Device Manager to show an alert 38... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Bowstreet1, Jan 22, 2019.

1. Error 38 Windows 10 USB DVD

I am running Windows 10 Home 1809 OS Build 17763.253 with all appropriate KB's but my USB DVD constantly causes Device Manager to show an alert 38 which I've seen earlier on this Forum. No amount of uninstalling and allowing Windows to re-install drivers gets rid of this error and I am now left with a useless DVD and getting more frustrated. Anyone permanently solved this issue ?

:)

Bowstreet1, Jan 22, 2019

2. Windows 10 USB boot

Hi there, am not a windows 10 expert. I have a pc in the bedroom on windows 10, I messed up the bootloader trying to fix the xp on that system.

System wont boot, trying to repair via win 10 usb installer.

Downloaded the media creation tool to install windows 10 installer on usb stick. Not compatible with a host of usb sticks I have. Tried the usb sticks that others use, but I think they use rufus; as the media creation tool by win 10 does not detect the usb stick.

So quick question, the win10 machine i am trying to repair the bootloader is a win7 upgraded to win10.
    If i were to use the usb win10 installer to "repair installation" does the version of the iso downloaded via the media creation tool matter?

There is three options:
    Windows 10
    Windows 10 Home
    Windows 10 N

Also is there a step by step instead of using rufus as I want to try an alternative method of creating a usb win 10 installer. Preferably with more compatibility.

System is a asus sabertooth 990 (r2?) with AMD phenom X 6.

Also is there any other software I can load onto the usb that can repair the bootloader easily?
    That would be the ideal alternative. Thanks

TRUELOVE95, Jan 22, 2019
  3. thraxed Win User
    Installing windows off of a USB stick

Step By Step from vista:
    From admin cmd prompt

1. diskpart
    1a. list disk
    2. select disk 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    3. clean
    4. create partition primary
    5. select partition 1 (replace 1 with your usb drive)
    6. active
    7. format fs=fat32
    8. assign
    9. exit

Copy Windows Vista's DVD ROM content to the Flash Drive

xcopy d:\*.* /s/e/f e:\ (d being your vista cd and e being your usb stick)

And that's it, boot off your usb disk

thraxed, Jan 22, 2019
  4. Louie Del Win User

Error 38 Windows 10 USB DVD

Error Code 38- Problem with USB Printers

We appreciate the additional information that you’ve provided. Let’s try to isolate your concern by using
    Windows System Restore to undo some of the recent system changes on your computer. This will allow you to go back in time when everything was working fine with your PC and would also help fixing the Error 38. Check this
    article and go through the section Restore from a system restore point for the instructions.

After that step, you may also run the System File Checker tool. This will help repairing any possible corrupted system files that may also be the cause of the error. Please click this
    link for the step by step guide that can use.

Let us know the outcome after performing the suggested steps.

Louie Del, Jan 22, 2019
Thema:

Error 38 Windows 10 USB DVD

1. Error 38 Windows 10 USB DVD - Similar Threads - Error USB DVD

2. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  3. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Gaming
    USB Error Code 38: Since the last update of Windows 10 I have been getting the error code 38 for any USB device that I use. If I restart my computer put the USB in, then it will work. But if I take it out and then put it back in I get the error code 38. It does not matter if I use safely eject...
  4. USB Error Code 38

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working: I have just recently started having an issue where my USB flash drive devices will no longer work after being plugged in and removed once. It is possible that USB flash drive devices have not been working for a while now because I do not regularly use them, but regardless, I...
  6. Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working

Error code 38: Windows USB Devices not working: I have just recently started having an issue where my USB flash drive devices will no longer work after being plugged in and removed once. It is possible that USB flash drive devices have not been working for a while now because I do not regularly use them, but regardless, I...
  7. Windows 10 Error: Code 38

Windows 10 Error: Code 38: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-10-error-code-38/d1f205e0-b990-4834-a50e-83fdd637407dI had the same problem and tried all the solutions listed on this site with 2 exceptions:1. In the first answer, Method 2 “Right Click on the host controller and...
  8. Windows 10 - Error 28/38 USB drivers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 - Error 28/38 USB drivers: Hello there. I don't know how this happened. Maybe the recent programs i installed like vcds, delphi, autodata, messed up my USB drivers, but right now no USB Devices are recognized by Windows. I cannot use USB Sticks, or external disk drivers or my car's diagnostic programs,...
  9. Windows 10 - Error 28/38 USB drivers

Windows 10 - Error 28/38 USB drivers: Hello there. I don't know how this happened. Maybe the recent programs i installed like vcds, delphi, autodata, messed up my USB drivers, but right now no USB Devices are recognized by Windows. I cannot use USB Sticks, or external disk drivers or my car's diagnostic programs,...
  10. Windows 10 - Error 28/38 USB drivers