Windows 10: Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng

Discus and support Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The title says it all. When attempting to restart my Base filtering engine service I get an error 5 access denied. Any help would be most appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dorantana, Dec 6, 2015.

1. dorantana Win User

Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng

The title says it all. When attempting to restart my Base filtering engine service I get an error 5 access denied.
    Any help would be most appreciated
    a bit more information: it then says the following programs will be restarted:
    Windows Defender Network Inspection Service
    Windows Defender Network Inspection System Driver
    Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    IPsec Policy Agent
    Windows Firewall
    IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules

Once I click okay, the Error 5 message pops up

:)

dorantana, Dec 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 Search service not started Error 5: Access is denied

In that case, let's focus on the Error 5: Access denied error message that you received. Check out the link for
    Error message when attempting to start the Windows Event Log Service: "Access denied" from

Solution Center for Access Denied Error Messages

Update us with the results.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Need to replace Windows Base Filtering Engine Component - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query and getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

Before we start troubleshooting the issue, we would require more information to assist you better.

• Is your computer is connected to a domain network?

• Are you facing any issue with Windows Base Filtering Engine?

• Are you getting any error message?

This access denied error mainly occur when you don’t have the permission to change the setting or access the file on the computer. As you are getting an Access is denied error, I suggest you to login with administrator account
    and follow the steps provided below and check.

Enable the Base Filtering Engine service and check if the issue still persist.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Click OK.
    • Search for Base Filtering Engine
      service and double click on it.
    • Click on stop button.
    • Now, click on start button.
    • Also, set the startup type to Automatic.
    • Click Apply and OK button.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps. Please reply us with the information require and the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 6, 2015
  4. dorantana Win User

I turned off Windows Defender and was then able to access the restart function just fine.

dorantana, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng - Similar Threads - Error Access Denied

2. Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.

in Windows 10 Support
    Error: Drive is not accessible. Access is denied.: I was doing some backups from my PC to an external USB Drive (G) and all was going smoothly. Then I went to manually copy some new files to the USB Drive and suddenly got the error : G:/ is not accessible. Access is denied. This happened once before several weeks ago and...
  3. error 5 access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 5 access is denied: I've been getting error 5 access is denied when Installing any app on Windows, How do I fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-is-denied/3b2b1eb0-ae78-491c-8f7c-4673ae9b18fa
  4. access denied error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied error 5: I can't download and install Lenovo h50-50 updates nor drivers, a note with denied access and error 5 is dispayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5/f89f5fc4-2a48-4119-8509-789e01585056
  5. Can't update an app -Error 5; Access denied.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update an app -Error 5; Access denied.: I am using an Acer Aspire E5-532 laptop. I have Windows 10 version 1803. I'm trying to update my copy of Malwarebyte Premium and get the message: "Unable to execute file in temporary directory. Setup aborted. Error 5; Access denied". I am the account administrator, so...
  6. System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied: When I was trying to login to a Web development website as "http://IP or domain:port/SSMISDIY/MyApp/#login", it showed "System Error. Code: 5. Access Denied”. My Windows pro edition is 1709. I have disabled firewall and enabled system access permission, but it still didn't...
  7. RegCreateKeyEx failed; Code 5. "Access is denied"

RegCreateKeyEx failed; Code 5. "Access is denied": I've tried unblocking, running as admin and checking the security options under "properties" and it still will not get fixed I really need some help. I'm running windows 10 and trying to download Nexus Mod Manager....
  8. Error 5: Access is Denied in Windows 10

Error 5: Access is Denied in Windows 10: Hi, I've tried the way mentionned in the above article but still get to the UAC box and there's no YES box. Tried right clicking the CMD prompt "Run As Administrater" but once again goes to the UAC box with no way to say YES. Has anyone come up with a solution to deal with...
  9. System error 5 Access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System error 5 Access denied: Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access...
  10. Access denied error

in Windows 10 Support
    Access denied error: I was playing around with the security tab in properties menu in a folder. I removed a couple of users's access in there. But I didn't remove the administrator's access. after applying, I lost my access to the whole drive. I tried to add the removed users's accesses to that...