Windows 10: Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng

Discus and support Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; The title says it all. When attempting to restart my Base filtering engine service I get an error 5 access denied. Any help would be most appreciated... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by dorantana, Dec 6, 2015.

1. dorantana Win User

Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng

The title says it all. When attempting to restart my Base filtering engine service I get an error 5 access denied.
    Any help would be most appreciated
    a bit more information: it then says the following programs will be restarted:
    Windows Defender Network Inspection Service
    Windows Defender Network Inspection System Driver
    Internet Connection Sharing (ICS)
    IPsec Policy Agent
    Windows Firewall
    IKE and AuthIP IPsec Keying Modules

Once I click okay, the Error 5 message pops up

:)

dorantana, Dec 6, 2015

2. Windows 10 Search service not started Error 5: Access is denied

In that case, let's focus on the Error 5: Access denied error message that you received. Check out the link for
    Error message when attempting to start the Windows Event Log Service: "Access denied" from

Solution Center for Access Denied Error Messages

Update us with the results.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Dec 6, 2015
  3. Need to replace Windows Base Filtering Engine Component - Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query and getting in touch with Microsoft Community.

Before we start troubleshooting the issue, we would require more information to assist you better.

• Is your computer is connected to a domain network?

• Are you facing any issue with Windows Base Filtering Engine?

• Are you getting any error message?

This access denied error mainly occur when you don’t have the permission to change the setting or access the file on the computer. As you are getting an Access is denied error, I suggest you to login with administrator account
    and follow the steps provided below and check.

Enable the Base Filtering Engine service and check if the issue still persist.

• Press Windows logo key + R key.
    • Type services.msc
    • Click OK.
    • Search for Base Filtering Engine
      service and double click on it.
    • Click on stop button.
    • Now, click on start button.
    • Also, set the startup type to Automatic.
    • Click Apply and OK button.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Hope it helps. Please reply us with the information require and the status of the issue to assist you further.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Dec 6, 2015
  4. dorantana Win User

I turned off Windows Defender and was then able to access the restart function just fine.

dorantana, Dec 6, 2015
Thema:

1. Error 5 Access Denied when attempting to restart my Base filtering eng - Similar Threads - Error Access Denied

2. wi-fi icon missing, base filtering engine can't start ''error 5:access is denied'' ,windows...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    wi-fi icon missing, base filtering engine can't start ''error 5:access is denied'' ,windows...: Hi everyone, my first issue is 1.wi-fi icon missing2.i tried to start base filtering engine manually in services but the error is "error 5:access is denied3.I also tried to start windows defender firewall manually in services but the error is ''error 1068: the...
  3. wi-fi icon missing, base filtering engine can't start ''error 5:access is denied'' ,windows...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    wi-fi icon missing, base filtering engine can't start ''error 5:access is denied'' ,windows...: Hi everyone, my first issue is 1.wi-fi icon missing2.i tried to start base filtering engine manually in services but the error is "error 5:access is denied3.I also tried to start windows defender firewall manually in services but the error is ''error 1068: the...
  4. wi-fi icon missing, base filtering engine can't start ''error 5:access is denied'' ,windows...

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  6. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Error 5 Access is denied: Hello,First of all I do not speak very well English but I will try to describe my issue as best as I can.I use Razer Synapse. I bought a new PC with Win 10 and Synapse was working like for 2 days and all of sudden the software has stopped working. I tried to fix it and I even...
  7. Error 5 Access is denied

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. error 5 access is denied

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    error 5 access is denied: I've been getting error 5 access is denied when Installing any app on Windows, How do I fix this? [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/error-5-access-is-denied/3b2b1eb0-ae78-491c-8f7c-4673ae9b18fa
  9. access denied error 5

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    access denied error 5: I can't download and install Lenovo h50-50 updates nor drivers, a note with denied access and error 5 is dispayed. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/access-denied-error-5/f89f5fc4-2a48-4119-8509-789e01585056
  10. System error 5 Access denied

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    System error 5 Access denied: Hello, When setting up a user account for my wife, which works fine, however I now cannot access my account which had administrator rights. I do not show up as an option. I tried using the default administer account via command prompt and I get a "system error 5" "Access...